PDA

View Full Version : Learner ride on 12th jan *next sat*

ital916
6th January 2008, 11:14
Hey dudes/dudettes, hope you all had a great new years. Anyone keen to ride this upcoming sat. I've had enough time to sit on my ass and do nothing plus it would be nice to get out of the city for another ride. So I'm posting early to give all a chance to figure their plans out but I reckon a learner friendly ride would be mint! I'm bringing a drink bottle since last times 2 hours (read 5 hours actual time lol!) ride was pretty intense. As a post up on my riding learning experience i'm starting to get more confident in corners without pushing too hard. A noob question though, the front and back wheels of my RG150 seems to pick up every rut in the road and when leaning if i hit a patch or really bad road the front starts to shudder and stuff. Do i relax and let the bike compensate itself or is there another way to get around this. Hope to ride with you all soon.

Be safe, Drider.

breakaway
6th January 2008, 15:15
I'm there if I can organise a new pair of tyres by then.

A noob question though, the front and back wheels of my RG150 seems to pick up every rut in the road and when leaning if i hit a patch or really bad road the front starts to shudder and stuff. Do i relax and let the bike compensate itself or is there another way to get around this.

I see you are having a lot of stability issues. What you should do is get someone who is experienced to give your bike a good thrashing around a few corners, and they will know if something is wrong with it.

Ragingrob
6th January 2008, 15:42
If you do the coro loop I'll join at that end and come back to Auck :2thumbsup as I'm leaving Hahei on Sat.

shingo
6th January 2008, 19:12
Damn i wish i could make this but i have to work on saturday, unless you can move it to sunday :whistle:.....

ital916
6th January 2008, 19:22
Haha depends on what the majority go with, saturday or sunday is okay by me *well i'll double check if i've got anything on first*...yeah breakaway i might let an experienced person give it a ride, like kim or isaac or stephen *if your bike wasn't so dented i might have let you bro haha but your still on your learners*

motorbyclist
7th January 2008, 17:31
i'm keen to come, probably on the fxr.... maybe have a swap for 5 minutes and see if it's bike or rider

i just avoid ruts and rough surfaces, they can often cause problems especially on the lighter bike with narrow tyres

ital916
7th January 2008, 18:29
haha definitely rider motorb, the narrow tyres are a bit spooky though lol but yeah if your there by all means take her for a spin.