PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Clutch

Tony.OK
6th January 2008, 19:24
Does anyone know if a slipper clutch is allowed to be fitted on a superbike if it doesn't have one as standard?
The rules say
12a The fitment of an aftermarket Traction Control unit is not permitted.
Does that mean a slipper or electronic unit?
It does say
8-21 Clutch friction and drive plates, number to remain as original. Clutch springs.can be modified.

sAsLEX
6th January 2008, 19:46
Does anyone know if a slipper clutch is allowed to be fitted on a superbike if it doesn't have one as standard?
The rules say
It does say can be modified.

Traction control would be ignition cutting during wheelspin etc not slipper clutch, the idea of traction control is for corner exit rather than entry?

Shaun
7th January 2008, 07:53
The rules say

Tony, at the begining of the rules, at the top is some capital letter writing

It says, ANYTHING NOT MENTIONED MUST REMAIN STD!

So if you cannot read about it, you cannot play with it mate

Tony.OK
7th January 2008, 09:24
Tony, at the begining of the rules, at the top is some capital letter writing

It says, ANYTHING NOT MENTIONED MUST REMAIN STD!

So if you cannot read about it, you cannot play with it mate

Ok thanks Shaun,you've just saved me a couple of grand.This interweb thingy is costing me a fortune:crazy:

F5 Dave
9th January 2008, 16:11
Ok then can I fit one to my pushbike?

Nah just being daft. I don't really have a pushbike.:rolleyes:

cowpoos
9th January 2008, 16:31
Ok thanks Shaun,you've just saved me a couple of grand.This interweb thingy is costing me a fortune:crazy:
when just starting out dude...things like slipper clutches are not the limiting factor...

If I were starting out...knowing what I know now...I'd keep as much of my money in the bank as possible...because...once you get hooked...it will soon become and expensive sport...and you will get hooked!!! so aslong as you have good suspension...slicks.supersport tyres...spend your money on race meetings...and lots of them...another thing I lernt in hind sight...don't go to trackdays or testdays for the sake of riding around and around...that won't make you better/faster...go to test...and try things...have a plan for these days...don't just turn up and wing it...plan the things you want to try...think about what you think you should do before hand...and afterwards.

anyway...whens the first meet?

Tony.OK
9th January 2008, 22:08
when just starting out dude...things like slipper clutches are not the limiting factor...

If I were starting out...knowing what I know now...I'd keep as much of my money in the bank as possible...because...once you get hooked...it will soon become and expensive sport...and you will get hooked!!! so aslong as you have good suspension...slicks.supersport tyres...spend your money on race meetings...and lots of them...another thing I lernt in hind sight...don't go to trackdays or testdays for the sake of riding around and around...that won't make you better/faster...go to test...and try things...have a plan for these days...don't just turn up and wing it...plan the things you want to try...think about what you think you should do before hand...and afterwards.

anyway...whens the first meet?

Thats pretty much what Manfeild was for me on Sat,needed to sort forks out,get the feel of slicks and warmers.
Did have some chatter in the rear into turn 1,and have had this at turn 1 in Taupo too which is why I was wondering about a slipper.
Hopefully 1st meet will be the PMCC one on the 10th Feb.;)

cowpoos
9th January 2008, 22:55
Thats pretty much what Manfeild was for me on Sat,needed to sort forks out,get the feel of slicks and warmers.
Did have some chatter in the rear into turn 1,and have had this at turn 1 in Taupo too which is why I was wondering about a slipper.
Hopefully 1st meet will be the PMCC one on the 10th Feb.;)
blip throttle beore letting clutch out...or let clutch out softly will knock the chatter on the head!
failing that soften the rebound a little bit..and if that works cool...if not put it back to your current setting if your happy with it.

Shaun
18th January 2008, 06:26
blip throttle beore letting clutch out...or let clutch out softly will knock the chatter on the head!
failing that soften the rebound a little bit..and if that works cool...if not put it back to your current setting if your happy with it.

Or just take a guess, and tell the world:2thumbsup

pritch
18th January 2008, 07:43
don't just turn up and wing it...plan the things you want to try...think about what you think you should do before hand...and afterwards.

That's a really good thought. Sterling Moss said words to the effect "Those who are doing the thinking are those who are doing the winning."

I think Reg Pridmore paraphrases that in his book.

They were both involved in motor sport but the idea applies to anything.

There's also another quote about practice being like toilet paper. If you've got plenty you tend to use a lot. If you have only got a little bit you tend to use it very carefully.

DUCATI*HARD
18th January 2008, 08:08
The rules say

slap it on mate,they usually dont pick up on those things,half the nitwits wouldnt even no wtf a slipper clutch is:lol:

scracha
18th January 2008, 21:31
The rules say

Slipper clutch....nah...that's why God invented valve bounce.