PDA

View Full Version : I need a bit...

Donor
6th January 2008, 22:04
...and what red blooded biker male doesn't, eh? Eh?

But no - this is a BIKE bit...

Where the hell do I look to find the pillion bar and original rear indicators for My Bike?

Want to return her to stock, and the missus is bitching that I need to start throwing her on the back, but refuses to do so without the sissy bar... (so natch, I'm in no real hurry... muhahaha...)

Also, the rear indicators currently affixed are nifty and to coin a girly word 'cute' but impractical during daylight hours, cos they're so bloody small, nobody can see 'em! Time to go back to the big, obtrusive and dogs balls stock ones!

Sigh...

Help a dumbass who has fugg all experience in hunting bike bits, will ya?

Ta!

Ixion
6th January 2008, 22:08
I need a bit ..and what red blooded biker male doesn't, eh? Eh?

,,, and the missus is bitching that I need to start throwing her on her back, but refuses to do so without the sissy bar...

Solution is obvious. Get sissy bar and go for it.

Donor
6th January 2008, 22:10
Solution is obvious. Get sissy bar and go for it.

Well, I barely started the stopwatch, and someone picked up on it in record time!

Chocolate fish for you sir! :D

outlawtorn
7th January 2008, 18:00
I have my original indicators from my bike, they are from the front, but that shouldn't make a difference, I'll take a pic and post it up here.

Cheers
J.

Toaster
8th January 2008, 15:28
I am still stuck on the bit about the missus being on her back... um what was the thread about?

outlawtorn
8th January 2008, 15:35
I am still stuck on the bit about the missus being on her back... um what was the thread about?

ooooh young man!!!!!! :laugh:

Toaster
8th January 2008, 15:40
There are some good cruiser accessories websites around. May depend on age of the bike though... 1988 - maybe ring the dealers and see what they can do?

Donor
8th January 2008, 18:47

On THE back, not HER back... tsk tsk...

There are some good cruiser accessories websites around. May depend on age of the bike though... 1988 - maybe ring the dealers and see what they can do?

I was trying to avoid that... s'funny, I have the jewish blood, and she's the one that doesn't want me to spend coinage... sigh...

Ixion
8th January 2008, 18:52
Oh, I see, sorry , I got that a bit wrong. So what you actually meant, was you need to give the Missus a bit, on the back of the bike. Bit uncomfortable, but whatever rocks y' boat. or bike.

crashe
8th January 2008, 19:12
Want to return her to stock, and the missus is bitching that I need to start throwing her on the back, but refuses to do so without the sissy bar... (so natch, I'm in no real hurry... muhahaha...)

Oh, I see, sorry , I got that a bit wrong. So what you actually meant, was you need to give the Missus a bit, on the back of the bike. Bit uncomfortable, but whatever rocks y' boat. or bike.

Ixion, he really wants to return her to 'stock' back on the shelves .... since there is no sissy bar to grab hold of, after being thrown on the back, or was that on her back......

Oh gawd....... poor Mrs Donor.

fireball
8th January 2008, 19:23
i would start at action bike wreckers on the shore and other wreckers....

but seeing its indicators you may be out of luck they can be cheap and its worth calling around....

good luck!

outlawtorn
8th January 2008, 19:24
here you go, these are the indicators sitting in my garage, do you reckon they would fit? If so make me an offer!
Cheers

Taz
8th January 2008, 19:41
I'll give you a dollar....

outlawtorn
8th January 2008, 20:13
I'll give you a dollar....

:killingme......................:finger:

Donor
10th January 2008, 00:04
here you go, these are the indicators sitting in my garage, do you reckon they would fit? If so make me an offer!
Cheers

Shit, anything will fit if you use the right sized hammer...

But as I have never seen mine with the correct indicators, I'll have to wait for me neighbour to come back from Oz this weekend and have a look at his...

I'll have to take a pic, and you'll understand why I want bigger indicators vs CC rating!

johnnyflash
10th January 2008, 23:09
Shit, anything will fit if you use the right sized hammer...

But as I have never seen mine with the correct indicators, I'll have to wait for me neighbour to come back from Oz this weekend and have a look at his...

I'll have to take a pic, and you'll understand why I want bigger indicators vs CC rating!

Bolt a set of traffic lights on either side, plenty of those around :-), seriously though I would get a pic of the ones you want and put it on the sites in the WANTED sections, someone might just have some lying around.. also email the bike wreckers around NZ, dont just assume they wont have any, if you catch em at the right moment when a wreck comes in....!!!

Lucy
13th January 2008, 01:24
Met two lovely gentlemen today, one on a 1400 Suzuki Intruder, and one on a 400cc Virago, which was the same size, and apparently uses the same amount of fuel, they had a great looking picnic set with them. Very genteel. So again I wonder - how does a cruiser get wrecked??