PDA

View Full Version : GSX1100ET parts wanted

bistard
7th January 2008, 15:07
I have just purchased back a 1981 Suzuki GSX1100ET,that I used to own about twenty years ago,if anybody knows of any parts around for one,send me a PM
anything from slim tank,exhaust system,badges,sidecovers,let me know
Thanks
Bistard

Hitcher
7th January 2008, 15:08
Is a GSX1100ET the "please phone home" model?

bistard
7th January 2008, 15:14
Is a GSX1100ET the "please phone home" model?

Yes Mr Hitcher,you are quite correct, but if you recall 1981 was before cellphones,so you could not ring home anyway!!
For your info,its was the first model GSX1100,with the square headlight
Midlife Crisis, or trying relive my youth??

Madness
7th January 2008, 19:34
Classic bike. (http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/gsx1100/80/pics.asp)

I had one, quite a few years back. I had the 750 also, nothing like it's big brother. There was a wrecker in Levin that had a few bikes back then, don't know if he's still there. Good luck.

bistard
8th January 2008, 11:06
Classic bike. (http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/gsx1100/80/pics.asp)

I had one, quite a few years back. I had the 750 also, nothing like it's big brother. There was a wrecker in Levin that had a few bikes back then, don't know if he's still there. Good luck.

Hey Madness,yeah great old bike,I am pleased I actually managed to get my old bike back,at least I know its history
As for spares,a spare swing arm would be nice,so I could brace one up & still keep a standard one,slim style tank & some standard exhausts,but we will see!!

Clivoris
9th January 2008, 13:40
Do I detect the aroma of post classic racing in the air?

bistard
14th January 2008, 18:10
Do I detect the aroma of post classic racing in the air?

No way mate,been there done that 1981 GPZ1100,painted up like a Eddie Lawson replica,had the biggest racing moment of my life,but stayed on & never raced it again
It was the biggest rear slide I have had coming out of the sweeper at Manfeild,thought "yeah man I am Eddie",then the thing bit,wallowed,wobbled & weaved so bad all the way down past the star/finish line,I kacked myself
So it will be restored & riden with her indoors on the back on nice sunny days

bistard
21st January 2008, 09:50
Ok,there must be someone out there with some bits,I have everything to get it legal except for a front brake light switch,its one the poxy old mechanical slide jobbies,that has fallen to pieces,anybody got one??
Or is it the internet again

katben
2nd February 2008, 13:32
I have side covers, and probably the switch.

email me ben(at)ts.co.nz

Mountlocal1
2nd February 2008, 20:52
Ok,there must be someone out there with some bits,I have everything to get it legal except for a front brake light switch,its one the poxy old mechanical slide jobbies,that has fallen to pieces,anybody got one??

Try Andersons wreckers in Rotorua....

Cheerio :2thumbsup

Bonez
2nd February 2008, 20:57
I spotted a couple of after market ones hanging on hooks at Hastings Honda end of last year.

I've got an 81 GSX750EX.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4072&d=1096607998

I'm after a RH side cover and badge for it if anyone has any.

Kickaha
2nd February 2008, 21:24
I'm after a RH side cover and badge for it if anyone has any.

Dunno about the sidecover but this place has badges
http://www.badgereplicas.com.au/badges_suzuki.htm

Bonez
3rd February 2008, 08:47
Dunno about the sidecover but this place has badges
http://www.badgereplicas.com.au/badges_suzuki.htm
Thanks and bookmarked.

Unfortunately they have the US market GS750 badges for the rest of the world 80-81 750 gasaxes (listed as 80-87 on the site) at the moment.

bistard
3rd February 2008, 10:11
Thanks and bookmarked.

Unfortunately they have the US market GS750 badges for the rest of the world 80-81 750 gasaxes (listed as 80-87 on the site) at the moment.

Hey Bonez,thanks for the reply,I have one GSX750 badge,but did a search,Google is your friend,found a website in the States www.alpha-sports.com ,which has most parts,I got a whole lot of bits on Friday,they were brand new Suzuki parts still in the bags,was amazed,new headlight,headlight surround,left indicator switch block & fuel tap,as I say all brand new,prices werent that bad either,arrived in about a week or so
Needless to say I will be shopping there in the future
I finally got my 1100 running properly yesterday,the fuel tap was the final hold up,rode it around the block,my how technology has changed in 26 years,but still very cool,will get it a warrant next week & will be all legal

Bonez
4th February 2008, 18:06
Good on ya. Thanks for the tip. Had a 750EZ, bought new, for three years. Loved that old bus, saw many a km on it. Should've kept the thing.

ynot slow
5th February 2008, 20:27
Try www.thegsresources.com as well,british gs/gsx site.

Bonez nice dog,deck,bath and blardy sweet bike too.

bistard
6th February 2008, 08:28
Just a quick update,got a warrant & registered the old girl yesterday,so she is all legal,now the only thing missing is a tacho cable,I ordered a new one from the States,but the sent the tacho drive instead
I will try to post a couple of photos,not that flash with the digital camera & getting it onto the interweb thingy but will give it a go

bistard
15th April 2008, 07:46
I have not done the photo thing yet,but replaced the swingarm bearings,balanced the carbs & has transformed the bike,had a great ride over the Takas on sunday,next mod is putting on a AP LOckheed ,aster cylinder & finding some up graded front calipers

bistard
6th July 2008, 13:08
Still looking for bits,I would look at any bodywork & looking for wire wheels,I need a rear hub from a 1978/79 Suzuki GS750 & a front wire/disc brake front wheel from a GN250

jeff
19th July 2008, 16:29
Gidday Bistard

How is the GSX coming along. Any pictures? I have got a 1981 EX GSX1100 (1980 is ET model). It has a 1170 Wiseco kit and Mikuni 33mm smooth bore carbs (plenty of horsepower!). I am always tinkering with it adding new bits, just fitted micro indicators, next will be new switch gear. We could get together sometime and take the old girls out, swap notes and take a few piccies of a pair of GSX's.

Jeff and Chrissie

bistard
21st July 2008, 07:50
Gidday Bistard

How is the GSX coming along. Any pictures? I have got a 1981 EX GSX1100 (1980 is ET model). It has a 1170 Wiseco kit and Mikuni 33mm smooth bore carbs (plenty of horsepower!). I am always tinkering with it adding new bits, just fitted micro indicators, next will be new switch gear. We could get together sometime and take the old girls out, swap notes and take a few piccies of a pair of GSX's.

Jeff and Chrissie

Hey Jeff,I keep meaning to take photos,I picked up a slim line tank & bodywork,which I will get painted up
Just fitted a AP Lockheed brake master cylinder
I am trying to keep it as standard as possible
Also I have put a thread up on here look for a wire wheel rear hub,I would love to put wire wheels on it
regards
Barry

Kickaha
21st July 2008, 17:39
Also I have put a thread up on here look for a wire wheel rear hub,I would love to put wire wheels on it
regards
Barry

You might be pushing it to find a rear, I talked to a guy a while ago and the wrecker he found was after $400 just for the rear, the fronts are cheap as chips though

I was lucky enough to spot a pair in a guys garage when I was buying something else and got a pair for $200:niceone:

fridayflash
21st July 2008, 18:12
thats a beauty gsx bonez,ive got one,same model, same colour etc

bistard
22nd July 2008, 07:36
You might be pushing it to find a rear, I talked to a guy a while ago and the wrecker he found was after $400 just for the rear, the fronts are cheap as chips though

I was lucky enough to spot a pair in a guys garage when I was buying something else and got a pair for $200:niceone:

Yes,the rear is the issue,I know where there are at least three maybe four rear hubs,but wont be parted with & shit for $400.00 I could get one made
The more people you speak to the more chance of finding one
I spoke to guy at a car meeting at Manfield on Sunday,who used to own Dave Hiscocks bike & had the original black pipes & wheels,up untill a few years ago

terbang
22nd July 2008, 08:05
Unless you are going for concours, a Kawasaki ZX9 front brake master cylinder (5/8 bore) fit well on those old girls. Gives you an adjustable lever and a later design brake light switch too. Have a dig around and get some sintered metal pads and braided lines and you will be pleasantly surprised with the front brake performance.

bistard
31st January 2010, 16:01
Just a quick update on the GSX, I now have wire wheels,just about to fit Mikuni VM33 Carbs & I have a set of standard Suzuki Black pipes arriving very soon,so then I will have a wire wheeler
Here is the latest photo

sidecar bob
31st January 2010, 17:00
Wire wheelers had the metal pipe swing arm as fitted to the 750, but im reasonably sure you probably already know that.

bistard
31st January 2010, 17:08
Hey Scrivy,was not aware of that,the ones I have seen have the Ali swing arm,even checking the articles in the BkerRider mag about Dave Hiscock with his actual bike in a photo,has a Ali swingarm,but will check with Steve Dundon tomorrow when I get to work

nallac
31st January 2010, 17:19
Sweet looking bike bistard, those wire wheels look alot better than the mags..

sidecar bob
31st January 2010, 18:40
Hey Scrivy,was not aware of that,the ones I have seen have the Ali swing arm,even checking the articles in the BkerRider mag about Dave Hiscock with his actual bike in a photo,has a Ali swingarm,but will check with Steve Dundon tomorrow when I get to work
My source is Robbie Dean, who raced one when they were new.
Oh, and im not Scrivy, im the guy that hangs off the side of the thing.
Also, i have a set of gold 18 inch wires for one of those if anyone is interested.

bistard
1st February 2010, 06:35
Sorry about that,I just looked at the leathers,but hey,how much do you want for the wires??
I will check regarding the swingarm,maybe Robbie did that mod himself??

sidecar bob
1st February 2010, 09:44
Sorry about that,I just looked at the leathers,

Our mum's dressed us the same as children. It has horrific repercussions throughout your adult life.

fatboyzed
1st February 2010, 16:09
try www.alphasports.com they are in the states but i got my 83 bits faster from them than japan. they have lots of exploded diagrams of all modles so finding your bits should be easy.

scrivy
2nd February 2010, 07:49
Our mum's dressed us the same as children. It has horrific repercussions throughout your adult life.

WIBF!! I'm even developing the beer gut you have too....... :shutup::laugh:

JAS-1100
3rd February 2010, 18:26
yep great bike the 1100ET had one for 5 years and 750 drop bottom end in it in 2003 on the way to the maggpie motorcycle rallie and rebuilt it but fell in love with a 1989 GSX1100F