PDA

View Full Version : Letter to send to your MP - draft for comments

El Dopa
7th January 2008, 17:39
I've had a stab at a 'generic' letter that can be download and sent to peoples MP's.

A draft copy is attached. It's a bit rough, because it's intended as a draft for comments and edits.

My thinking is that we can jointly arrive at a 'KB' letter that won't take a lot of effort for members to download, print, sign and stick in an envelope. Get us all singing from the same hymnsheet, as it were, and help raise the profile of this issue.

So comment away.

I also reckon we need one for the two-faced twat that is currently the transport minister. Shove his flip-flopping in his face and watch him squirm. But that's a job for another night.

riffer
7th January 2008, 19:01
Excellent work El Dopa.

I've tweaked the grammar. Otherwise it's good. What are the intended attachments?

MSTRS
8th January 2008, 08:20
Looks good. Once the final form is decided, please place it on the CC Resources thread.

vifferman
8th January 2008, 08:25
I already did this, many moons ago.
Here's the reply:

"Dear Vifferdork

Thanks for your email- it's always good to hear from people in the electorate. I saw the coverage regarding Daniel Evans on the tv news and was frankly shocked by his tragic death. I agree with you that these cheesecutter barriers need to be replaced. I am going to make my concerns known to Maurice Williamson, our transport spokesman.

Regards, Jonathan

Dr Jonathan Coleman
MP for Northcote"

Note that I am now on a first name basis with Jonathan.

El Dopa
8th January 2008, 10:38
Excellent work El Dopa.

I've tweaked the grammar. Otherwise it's good. What are the intended attachments?

The Monash Uni study, or extracts thereof. I think the picture of the DIY convertible which slid under a WRB might help focus Poli thinking somewhat. "Bloody bikers, always whinging, why should I give a sh...what's this? Uh, um, oh.....". I doubt they'd like that happening to their kids.

I already did this, many moons ago.
Here's the reply:

"Dear Vifferdork

Thanks for your email- it's always good to hear from people in the electorate. I saw the coverage regarding Daniel Evans on the tv news and was frankly shocked by his tragic death. I agree with you that these cheesecutter barriers need to be replaced. I am going to make my concerns known to Maurice Williamson, our transport spokesman.

Regards, Jonathan

Dr Jonathan Coleman
MP for Northcote"

Note that I am now on a first name basis with Jonathan.

Helps raise the issue though. This ain't going to be a quick and easy fight. One loon whinging (or 1/2 dozen) are easily filed in the round file. A few hundred are not so easily dismissed.

Mully
8th January 2008, 18:52
Excellent work.

Would it not be a good time of year (leading up to October/November) to also put the hard work to all the other parties as well??

Something along the lines of; "If your party were to win/hold the balance of power following the General Election later this year, what steps would your party intend to take in relation to these barriers"