PDA

View Full Version : Video from Pukekohe Test Day 5.1.08

Leong
7th January 2008, 18:36
So Saturday 5 January after Harrisville we stop in at the Pukekohe track as I knew some KB'ers were testing for the nationals. Video from the one session we saw starring Boomer, Enigma51, Keystone19, Owner, Rossi Gal and Sam Love. Didn't quite get the wheelie at the end there Mr Owner.

Anyone know who the guy on the Blue /White GSX-R1000 K7 Race bike was?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnOcFwqAbHc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hnOcFwqAbHc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

boomer
7th January 2008, 18:50
The latter was the one and only Ray Clees. did you see his back end squirming over the hill.. man the boy can ride!

Cheers for the video Leong :) man I'm fast... 1:05 apparently but more importantly.. i look good!

I was half way down the back straight on one session when i realised i'd got no output from the dash.. other than the immobiliser light flashing red. A bit worried i came in and we have a quick look for a lose wire or two.

Gav says.. "It's still going.. crack on!" .. So, a bit worried about the thing stopping on the back straight at 300 i gingerly carry on.. hoping the engine doesn't stop. It's hard work riding a bike without not knowing what gear your in, what speed your doing and what revs your at or have left.

a full check later; unplug power from dash; check ecu and main fuses.. a chat with Ray and then a .. oh yeah.. check the fuses... Doh !

ahhaha a good days riding !!

Leong
7th January 2008, 19:11
The latter was the one and only Ray Clees. did you see his back end squirming over the hill.. man the boy can ride!

Cheers for the video Leong :) man I'm fast... 1:05 apparently but more importantly.. i look good!

I was half way down the back straight on one session when i realised i'd got no output from the dash.. other than the immobiliser light flashing red. A bit worried i came in and we have a quick look for a lose wire or two.

Gav says.. "It's still going.. crack on!" .. So, a bit worried about the thing stopping on the back straight at 300 i gingerly carry on.. hoping the engine doesn't stop. It's hard work riding a bike without not knowing what gear your in, what speed your doing and what revs your at or have left.

a full check later; unplug power from dash; check ecu and main fuses.. a chat with Ray and then a .. oh yeah.. check the fuses... Doh !

ahhaha a good days riding !!

Ray Clees Huh.... Thought it must have been a SOMEONE!!!

Yes, looking good and nearly as important, sounding good. Your mate enigma51 impresses me.... hasn't done that many trackdays yet goes well, and of course looks good. SHould tell him to get the Arrow Slip on (like mine) from Ninjaboy so he can sound good too!!

boomer
7th January 2008, 19:17
Ray Clees Huh.... Thought it must have been a SOMEONE!!!

Yes, looking good and nearly as important, sounding good. Your mate enigma51 impresses me.... hasn't done that many trackdays yet goes well, and of course looks good. SHould tell him to get the Arrow Slip on (like mine) from Ninjaboy so he can sound good too!!

oh feck.. don't tell him he looks good.. you'll never hear the last of it ;)

Is ninjaboy importing the exhausts, i know Logan was keen on an aftermarket one. he's been looking at the racefits like mine; makes your bike look and sound like a GP bike :D

churr

Leong
7th January 2008, 19:45
oh feck.. don't tell him he looks good.. you'll never hear the last of it ;)

Is ninjaboy importing the exhausts, i know Logan was keen on an aftermarket one. he's been looking at the racefits like mine; makes your bike look and sound like a GP bike :D

churr
No. He bought a slip on like mine, then found that his race fairings wouldn't go on with the exhaust valve actuator in its standard position, so bought Paul's (Motobob) full system, which we fitted. So now he has this "new" Arrow slip on which he's been trying to sell me (seeing mines become rather scratched up recently)

I've uploaded what I think is the best demonstration of the sound of my bike to Youtube, just processing now. You know where to find it. Logan may be interested...

boomer
7th January 2008, 19:55
No. He bought a slip on like mine, then found that his race fairings wouldn't go on with the exhaust valve actuator in its standard position, so bought Paul's (Motobob) full system, which we fitted. So now he has this "new" Arrow slip on which he's been trying to sell me (seeing mines become rather scratched up recently)

I've uploaded what I think is the best demonstration of the sound of my bike to Youtube, just processing now. You know where to find it. Logan may be interested...

i'll txt the lanky munkee now m8!

White trash
7th January 2008, 20:05

Funnily enough I was chatting to Ray about Saturday when I picked up my bike. That was his first time on the bike, and was just "cruisin".

One of the true "good bastards" in motorcycle racing the bloke.

owner
7th January 2008, 20:25
Awesome Thanks a bunch Leong gives a great perspective
Might see you out harrisville next sat

Leong
7th January 2008, 20:28
Awesome Thanks a bunch Leong gives a great perspective
Might see you out harrisville next sat

See.. I told you you looked good... You one of the dirt brigade too?

Leong
7th January 2008, 20:31
Funnily enough I was chatting to Ray about Saturday when I picked up my bike. That was his first time on the bike, and was just "cruisin".

Good example of how "Just cruisin" means different things to different folks!!

Leong
8th January 2008, 06:01
Where's that? Enlighten this n00b please.
Have just re-gearded the SD-R (+2 on rear) so keen to check it out ;)

Just out of Tuakau. If you head towards Pukekohe from Bombay, take the signposted left to Tuakau. Follow this road till you get to Harrisvile school and about 200m after this turn right (MX track signposted).

owner
8th January 2008, 09:37
Awesome DMNTD throw some knobbly tyres on the SD-R and come and do some jumps!. Its gotta be the best MX track in Auckland, But I dont think it would handle the Superduke, If anyone can prove me wrong you will
I go out there sometimes on my cr125 so the kids on the track can jump over my head:doh:

enigma51
8th January 2008, 09:40
yet goes well, and of course looks good.

Its important to always look good :msn-wink:

Send you a pm about the pipe

avenger
8th January 2008, 11:28
Yeah thanks Owner for the invite - that was grouse - nice wheelie down the back straight BTW.

Cheers Boomer (I think that's you Duncan?) for the help with the suspension setup.
Made a hell of a difference even on a sloppy old CBR.

See you guys down at Taupo on Frosty's next trackday if ya going.

Sanx
8th January 2008, 22:44
Cheers Boomer (I think that's you Duncan?) for the help with the suspension setup.

:killingme:killingme:killingme

boomer
9th January 2008, 07:07
Yeah thanks Owner for the invite - that was grouse - nice wheelie down the back straight BTW.

Made a hell of a difference even on a sloppy old CBR.

See you guys down at Taupo on Frosty's next trackday if ya going.

your welcome mate, i think Gav is the one you should really thank tho ;)

good to meet ya mate, even tho you ride a gay honduh :dodge:

vixter
9th January 2008, 07:08
your welcome mate, i think Gav is the one you should really thank tho ;)

good to meet ya mate, even tho you ride a gay honduh :dodge:

it wasn't that long ago you was riding a gay honda!!

owner
9th January 2008, 13:06
Glad to see you made it, after that hard case night. Really wasnt in any state to be hooning roung the track.But hell why not. I noticed you improved a hell of a lot when as you started to learn the lines.
Always good to have another honda in the pits to share the abuse.
Thanks again Leong bloody fine effort!

boomer
10th January 2008, 18:19
I agree, Avenger was rocking by the end of the day. A huge improvement.

Roll on the end of the month.. 3 track days comin up :scooter:

avenger
20th January 2008, 16:14
Aww sweet then au!
Nice one Leong - good videoing there man.

Cheers gav (whoever ya are on here) - I owes ya a box of beer.
I'll have to find out when the next one is - hopefully at toe-po

Be good 2 get in a few more b4 the summers end:doobey: