PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CBR250RR parts

D1RIFT
8th January 2008, 23:09
Well just took ownership of a CBR250RR MC22 and theres a few bits a pieces missing/wrong with it.
-Accelerator is sticky so after a new one of them.
-Both front indicators are missing so after them too.
-Clutch lever has snapped, still works ok but if anyone has one available would be very interested.
I really dont know much about bikes at all so any help would be much appreciated, I am in the process of fixing it up for a warrant so no doubt will be more parts along the way that are needed...
Cheers
Simon

xwhatsit
9th January 2008, 01:03
Well just took ownership of a CBR250RR MC22 and theres a few bits a pieces missing/wrong with it.
-Accelerator is sticky so after a new one of them.

That one's easy -- take it apart and squirt some WD40 around where the throttle tube mechanism pulls the cable. Then try and get as much WD40/chain lube down the cable as you can. Rotate the throttle back and forwards as you do it. Saw a guy use lithium grease on the throttle tube (ya know, the plastic thing underneath the rubber grip) the other day, but not convinced that's the best stuff to use.

Levers are easy, just go to a bike shop and they'll have aftermarket ones for $20 or so. They'll also have aftermarket indicators, but be careful, as to get a WoF they're supposed to have DOT markings on the lenses (little triangles). Some WoF guys don't check this, but it's still worth paying a little more for DOT certified ones.

more_fasterer
9th January 2008, 08:49
As above, get the clutch lever from Cycletreads in Barry's point rd.

Personally I've found that the best way to lube the throttle is some engine oil down the cables, and teflon spray (a.k.a. dry glide) on the throttle tube / handlebar.

I have some original indicators for your CBR250, $10 each - PM if you want 'em. I'd also be happy to help you get your bike sorted.

Have fun on that little screamer!

D1RIFT
9th January 2008, 19:59
Cheers for the help guys, sounds like I found the right forum, will definatly try lubing it up and see how it goes! Keen on those indicators, you have P.M.
Thanks.