PDA

View Full Version : Replacement seat?

LaggCity
9th January 2008, 10:31
Couple of weeks ago I bought a new Bandit 1250s, beatiful bike handles great pleased with everything about it apart from one thing.... The SEAT it sucks:cry:, read quite a few writeups on the bike and a similar theme comes out.
Does anyone know where I can look to get a replacement seat without spending the $1000.00 plus freight that Suzuki want for their alternative.
I live in Tuakau near Pukekohe so am looking for something in Auckland or Waikato area's. Apreciate any help.Cheers

Cajun
9th January 2008, 10:35
www.trimit.co.nz

We make custom seats to suit you and your ass.

We are in tauranga, so not really that far away (200kms from center of akl)

sinned
9th January 2008, 10:38
This is the place to go to: http://www.trimit.co.nz/

They rebuilt the seat on the S3 for $200 + courier. Highly recommended - I suggest you give them a call and discuss your requirements. You will only lose your seat for a few days.

LaggCity
9th January 2008, 10:49
This is the place to go to: http://www.trimit.co.nz/

They rebuilt the seat on the S3 for $200 + courier. Highly recommended - I suggest you give them a call and discuss your requirements. You will only lose your seat for a few days.

:niceone:Cheers I will give them a call

007XX
9th January 2008, 10:54
:niceone:Cheers I will give them a call

Don't dismiss Cajun's work. I've seen seats done by him and they look and feel really good.

Otherwise, good luck! :niceone:

Cajun
9th January 2008, 10:56
Don't dismiss Cajun's work. I've seen seats done by him and they look and feel really good.

Otherwise, good luck! :niceone:

well not me

my father & sister in law do the work,

LaggCity
9th January 2008, 11:08
www.trimit.co.nz (http://www.trimit.co.nz)

We make custom seats to suit you and your ass.

We are in tauranga, so not really that far away (200kms from center of akl)

Thanks Mate have rung and emailed my specs for rebuild.:done:

imdying
9th January 2008, 11:10
well not me

my father & sister in law do the work,Hey man, how do you guys get on with sorting a new throne for the backsides of out of towners? I figure it shouldn't be too much trouble with the SV, given the crapness I'm picking you guys will have done a few? Is there some sort of black suede that's an option?

Cajun
9th January 2008, 12:17
Out of towners, pretty much you courier us the seat we work our magic courier it back, we normal do it on same week turn around, aka you put on courier first thing monday we have it tuesday we put it back on thrusday so you have it friday.

I mean for best personal touch its best to have your ass and bike together, but alot of people can't do that, oftn a pic of you sitting on the bike helps (espiciall if we are lowering the bike), really dependson what you want to do with seat, if really modifyign seats it helps to have a bike to help with the lines of the bike, but alot of bikes we can find local to throw a seat on to check it works.

We have done a black suede we did it on DMNTD's zx10r pretty much leather turned upside down.

007XX
9th January 2008, 12:46
well not me

Same though...I've now seen a couple of their work examples, and the owners had nothing but praise for them.

So well done to them. :niceone:

imdying
9th January 2008, 12:59
We have done a black suede we did it on DMNTD's zx10r pretty much leather turned upside down.Groovy... and pics of said job?

pete376403
9th January 2008, 16:30
Cajun, are you able to repair rusted out seat bases? The GS1100 seat has been "repaired" in the past - mainly by coating with fibre-glass and building up the missing pieces. The cover is pretty good but the foam is sacked out, so I end up sitting more or les on the base after an hour or so.

Firefight
9th January 2008, 16:39
well not me

have seen examples of thier work, would recomend them to anyone,

top class seats.

F/F

Cajun
10th January 2008, 18:54
Cajun, are you able to repair rusted out seat bases? The GS1100 seat has been "repaired" in the past - mainly by coating with fibre-glass and building up the missing pieces. The cover is pretty good but the foam is sacked out, so I end up sitting more or les on the base after an hour or so.

We can, full qualified engineer on site, but often its very hard to price up something like that until you see the base and see what needs doing to it.

Foam etc is what we do, we have special foam we have got for seats we use, we tested many types to get the tight setup