PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Rd WARNING (10 January)

Brett
10th January 2008, 17:49
It seems that the council in all of their wisdon have decided it is high time to rip the road up and stick down some fresh, very rough tar seal. Never mind the fact that they only just got finished repairing it...the morons. Seems they cant find anything better to do with themselves.
Anyway, literally nearly the whole road looks to be a mess, so AVOID. Or take a motard.

xwhatsit
10th January 2008, 23:15
Yeah, came across it while they still had steamrollers and shit going through it. Was pretty much as slippery as a proper gravel road. Didn't worry Leong's DRZ of course.

Wanted to do the whole length of it (hey, it's not often I get to experience wheelspin!) but the poofters with plastic bikes balked.

Once it's all swept properly by the traffic it'll be way better than it was before. Nothing to get upset about.

skidMark
11th January 2008, 00:01
my favourite road too...

well apart from whangamata road.

Brett
11th January 2008, 21:41
Yeah, came across it while they still had steamrollers and shit going through it. Was pretty much as slippery as a proper gravel road. Didn't worry Leong's DRZ of course.

Wanted to do the whole length of it (hey, it's not often I get to experience wheelspin!) but the poofters with plastic bikes balked.

Once it's all swept properly by the traffic it'll be way better than it was before. Nothing to get upset about.

Except that the pricks probably still haven't got it right...as long as all the bad bumps and slippery bits are remedied. Leong has a DRZ now???

ahamay
11th January 2008, 21:44
WTF!!! The road was in proberbly the best condition it has been in years! Why f it up and start again!! ??? (as of a couple of weeks ago)