PDA

View Full Version : 17 February street races?

Chrislost
10th January 2008, 20:58
who is going.
battle of the streets.

RC1
10th January 2008, 21:00
sure will be tis only 30 mins away :wari:

Morcs
10th January 2008, 21:01
Ill be there hopefully.

Hanne
10th January 2008, 21:05
Not this year, Iwill be away at Outward Bound... Haha last year we got hungry and managed to devour a 6packpiknmix of icecreams from the supermarket.

My uncle's brother is racing again though, I tihnk...

RC1
10th January 2008, 21:07
My uncle's brother is racing again though, I tihnk...

is that FROSTY?

Mumbles
10th January 2008, 21:09
Yep me off for the weekend :yes:

Squiggles
10th January 2008, 23:01
I'll be going, might see if i can stay on the lawn at Hannes uncle's parents place in paeroa, or just at her cousins in whanga.
Could get a few people in there (plenty of beds) Will have to see if its free, could do the loop on the 16th then head down to watch the next am :)

HungusMaximist
11th January 2008, 09:54
^ Good idea stephen, I'd be up for that aye. ! !

motorbyclist
11th January 2008, 10:21
sounds good

Ixion
11th January 2008, 11:35
I shall be there, gods willing.

Last time I went my favoured street got beaten out on the last lap by a crafty avenue. A rematch is in order.

It should be good to see the boulevards line up against the promenades.

DMNTD
11th January 2008, 11:42

Same... :whistle:

Macstar
11th January 2008, 19:34
Paeroa is a must! I went last year and it was awesome and will definitely be going this year.

Hanne
13th January 2008, 19:39
I'll be going, might see if i can stay on the lawn at Hannes uncle's parents place in paeroa, or just at her cousins in whanga.
Could get a few people in there (plenty of beds) Will have to see if its free, could do the loop on the 16th then head down to watch the next am :)

Haha yep, I seem to have rellies where ever we go!
really does come in handy...

If anyone was keen for this idea I am sure something could be arranged. :D Just PM/ text Squigs

Chrislost
14th January 2008, 18:54
im just going to ehad down in/on whatever i can arrange in the early early am.

doc
14th January 2008, 19:04
Valley Locals is the day before , I'm, into the downhill race at the top. Should be at Paeroa tho.

R6_kid
14th January 2008, 19:06
Will be taking my volvo down so that gives 3 spaces for anyone who needs a ride, unless i'm allowed to take the scorpio, in which case i have 1 space for anyone that is keen!

Chrislost
14th January 2008, 19:48
either or...

we could wheelie it the whole way home again :rockon:

Mrs Busa Pete
15th January 2008, 10:04
Same... :whistle:
geting slow in your old age

DMNTD
15th January 2008, 10:05
geting slow in your old age

In a word...yes :baby:

Squiggles
9th February 2008, 12:37
*revive*
Couldnt get the place at hanne's grandparents, they already had people staying for a while

Who else is going to go? If some of you are heading down sun i might come with you, otherwise ill go with her uncle and his duc on sat

Sparky Bills
9th February 2008, 12:47
Ill be there. Not racing this year, as i dont have a new bike yet.

Will be pit bitching for my F3 boys.

PirateJafa
9th February 2008, 13:24
I might go. Maybe. Possibly. No promises.

motorbyclist
9th February 2008, 15:10
want to go

HungusMaximist
9th February 2008, 16:14
R6 kid, if you're driving, Id be keen but will get back to you as soon as I look at my diary...

klyong82
9th February 2008, 16:50
R6 kid, if you're driving, Id be keen but will get back to you as soon as I look at my diary...

Why dont you ride your bike down? Fun on the road.

Squiggles
9th February 2008, 17:58
Why dont you ride your bike down? Fun on the road.

must still be in at the shop, he just doesnt want to break it to ya that i was right about honda's :eek:

Deano
9th February 2008, 18:04
Drew Flame and I will be there in the pits, so don't be a snob

erik
9th February 2008, 20:51
I'll be there.

Macstar
10th February 2008, 13:14
Mei and I are going with an 'in case-of-shit-weather-take-the-cage plan'. So keep that in mind peps if the weather sucks on the day and you want to go by car.

Phurrball
11th February 2008, 13:11
Definately going - though it is yet to be determined if we're toyota pillions or on our respective V twin Hondas.

Will let y'all know if I'm taking the car so I can fill seats :)

fireball
11th February 2008, 13:17
i will be there in orange on the track

...no binning it on my corner please!

Squiggles
11th February 2008, 14:42
Mei and I are going with an 'in case-of-shit-weather-take-the-cage plan'. So keep that in mind peps if the weather sucks on the day and you want to go by car.

Forecast is going to be entertaining this week: http://metvuw.co.nz/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=nzni&noofdays=all

If its raining ill be the first to call :rolleyes:

Maha
11th February 2008, 14:47

Will be in Rotorua on Saturday and will head over on Sunday morning leaving at about 9am....catch up with there Rob....Waikato please!

motorbyclist
11th February 2008, 17:03
keen to go.... and will pay my share of petrol if i go pillion in one of the cages

Japtwin
11th February 2008, 18:10
definitely yes, great day. Anyone travelling down from Auckland In the morning?

BASS-TREBLE
11th February 2008, 20:52
Going up on the GN
Te Puke- Welcome Bay/ Tauranga - Paeroa

If any slow learners like me looking at going up we can sort out a little group if anyone wants. Can go through Mount Maunganui if needed.
PM or whatever.

Dirk

HungusMaximist
11th February 2008, 21:40

I'd be up for a spare seat or a group cruise, just let me know how it works out aye.

Macstar
11th February 2008, 21:48
Swt: btwn you, squiggs & motorbyc, Mei and me I think we have a car, though I hope weather is swt and we take bikes down!

Phurrball
12th February 2008, 13:50
Definately going - though it is yet to be determined if we're toyota pillions or on our respective V twin Hondas.

Will let y'all know if I'm taking the car so I can fill seats :)

As above - it is now confirmed that The Mrs Phurrball and I are Toyota pillions.

I would be most pleased to offer a couple of spots in the 'big sliver fairing' to the bikeless/bike indesposed of AUSMC. We can fit 2 (or 3 very close friends) in the back seat. It's a wagon, so there will be room for bits and pieces.

I doubt we'll be leaving super-early as The Mrs Phurrball is not an early riser.

First in first served.

Fire me a txt or PM asking "I can plz have spot in Big Silver Fairing to Paeroa BOTS? Thx." :niceone:(be aware I don't check teh internets so often)

Ross 027 696 1461

Cheers all...

*back to writing lots about Roman law* Goddam summer school

Squiggles
12th February 2008, 23:51
Are you going to come Nish?

Pfft, mrs phurrball can sleep while you drive ;)

Phurrball
13th February 2008, 10:50

Try telling her that as you wake her up! (Did i mention the black belt in Judo, and the picking on 100kg men for fun...thank fark she's out of shape...)

bomma
13th February 2008, 11:53

would love to mate but cant...got a bit of work coming up so i wont be able to leave the city and my bank balance is running low so cant really afford to skive off work either :oi-grr:

Morcs
13th February 2008, 12:07
Im riding down. Leaving west auckls before 9.

motorbyclist
13th February 2008, 12:37
would love to mate but cant...got a bit of work coming up so i wont be able to leave the city and my bank balance is running low so cant really afford to skive off work either :oi-grr:

yeah, bank balance here doesn't look good either

maybe we could get all organised this friday at my place?

Phurrball
13th February 2008, 13:04
yeah, bank balance here doesn't look good either

maybe we could get all organised this friday at my place?

Don't let the bank balance stop you! Ingrid and I are taking the car anyway (which won't cost much more than the Firestorm) - so I don't expect fuel contributions. Pack a lunch and bobsyeruncle.

Can't pop along to Friday drinks either BTW - stocktake at work. Fekfekfek!

motorbyclist
13th February 2008, 13:08
just going down for the one day?

Squiggles
13th February 2008, 15:13

Dont gimme that shit! i havent seen you since ya got back! :eek:

Phurrball
13th February 2008, 15:46
just going down for the one day?

Yep. AFAIK.

I have work on Saturday and Monday, which rules out overnighters, fekkit. I need the $$ after spending the middle of this week doing Roman Law take-home exam and opinion...

However - nothing will deprive me of BOTS. I deserve to watch people more legendary than myself carve up the streets after the academic hell of this week.

*...Must....tear self....away from KB....Praetors...Consuls....Plebeians...Ius Civile....fekfekfek*

motorbyclist
13th February 2008, 17:11
Yep. AFAIK.

I have work on Saturday and Monday, which rules out overnighters, fekkit. I need the $$ after spending the middle of this week doing Roman Law take-home exam and opinion...

sweet, i'll be going with whoever's there for just the one day then

motorbyclist
13th February 2008, 17:12
and bomma you'd better be coming to the friday night chiller!

Chrislost
13th February 2008, 18:28
i may be riding the BITSR down. dont know
i might leave friday on my mountain bike...

bomma
14th February 2008, 12:42
sorry guys i know ive been out of the loop lately but its gonna be staying that way.....im workin on friday from 4.30 till 9.30ish....really need the money but would love to catch up with you guys sometime!!!

sorri ill be missin your bday andy....looks like im gonna be square (as per your text)

Cr1MiNaL
14th February 2008, 17:41
im in im in... i want to ride down but if the weathers shit id need a lift in someones car. a grp of mates n i are planning on riding down together (5 of us) those who r keen to ride down pls pm me so we can meet up before leaving. hope its sunny....yr64l.

HungusMaximist
14th February 2008, 17:44
The weather isn't looking too promising, Phurball, Macstar and R6 kid and Me are alreadly trying to suss out rides. I am sure they'll be a spare seat for yah.

Cr1MiNaL
14th February 2008, 21:25
The weather isn't looking too promising, Phurball, Macstar and R6 kid and Me are alreadly trying to suss out rides. I am sure they'll be a spare seat for yah.

yeh if the weathers shit, I'm not taking schnappy down... would like a ride in a cage in that case, be good to catch up again too...

Ixion
14th February 2008, 21:47
Good Lord. What is it with this girly whimpering "oh if it rains I might get wet, I have to go in a car".

Going in a car to motorbike races, forsooth.

If the racers were to follow your example , they'd want a car to race in too. So we'd be watching the Paeroa car races. If they can handle the rain at race speeds, surely you can manage .

HTFU, your skin don't leak do it?

EDIT . Heh. What will you do if its fine in the morning , leading you to bravely go by bike. Then rains like mad when it's time to go home. Trapped. can't get home without getting wet. You'll need to hire a truck. Heh, that would be most amusing. I must go catch a mouse and practice my weather-fu.

Squiggles
14th February 2008, 21:52

wtf mate?
http://www.metvuw.co.nz/forecast/2008021400/rain-nzni-2008021400-72.gif

At this rate im going sat morning to whitianga then down to paeroa with hannes uncle to stay there (his bro is racing again)
bloody car pussy's :lol:

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 22:19
hey my bike is out of action! (still)

and the fxr isn't the best tourer i'll tell you now

Ixion
14th February 2008, 22:22
Hm. Paeroa is closer than Cape Reinga

Squiggles
14th February 2008, 22:23
hey my bike is out of action! (still)

and the fxr isn't the best tourer i'll tell you now

Burt would've never given such bs excuses :bleh:

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 23:08
Hm. Paeroa is closer than Cape Reinga

yeah but from what i hear his fxr wasn't upright the whole way either:(

tried long(ish) trips on the fxr, longest being one you were on round kawakawa bay/kaiauia.

fact is, 30minutes of non-twisty road and you really start to notice the vibrations from the motor, the seat being on par with that of a bicycle, and holding 10,000rpm, just 2g short of redline, for 2 hours is abuse i think i'll spare that bike just this once - my little brother is yet to get to learn on it so i'll stop wrecking it

ok, i think i'm all out of excuses without going into being offered a car ride

trust me, weather has nothing to do with it

Squiggles
14th February 2008, 23:32
fact is, 30minutes of non-twisty road and you really start to notice the vibrations from the motor, the seat being on par with that of a bicycle, and holding 10,000rpm, just 2g short of redline, for 2 hours is abuse i think i'll spare that bike just this once - my little brother is yet to get to learn on it so i'll stop wrecking it

ok, i think i'm all out of excuses without going into being offered a car ride

trust me, weather has nothing to do with it

WHERES THE INGENUITY IN YOU ENGINEERS? a vxr400 is what you need.

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 23:49
actually, the only thing stopping me riding the viffer is a lack of fuel tank and the expectation that i won't be given a WOF without any fairings and the brake lights/front indicators/seat cable tied on

kinda funny considering the state of the old sub-frame. had an inspector removed the tail fairings and had a proper look there's no way i was getting a wof

Phurrball
15th February 2008, 18:25
Good Lord. What is it with this girly whimpering "oh if it rains I might get wet, I have to go in a car".
I must go catch a mouse and practice my weather-fu.

Aw Ix... I'd take the Firestorm if I could - the rain doesn't vex me as sorely as some - the only rain related vexations being that my tyres are nearly as bald as I am - and I have a healthy respect for my still recent 60HP jump and big twin power pulses. Both make me overly cautious in the wet, but still a better way to travel than the car.

None of the preceding would stop me, except the Mrs Phurrball wants to come, and refuses to pillion (I are a dangerous loon, see, and she's a control freak), and she isn't feeling up to riding her own bike down yet or driving the car any great distance

(It would be me paying for all the gas anyhoo, and the storm isn't know for its efficiency with its hungry 48mm Flat-slides. The Toyota will have a similar fuel bill to the 'storm - so why take both (except the obvious)? Dammit. I hate economic logic.)

(her baby VTR has a small nail in the rear anyhoo - fekkit. Less than 1000km on that tyre - off for patchy.)

Going by car and sharing spare seats with those bike indesposed (reduces our carbon footprint and stuff) is still better than watching on teh box.

Agree with MB's comments on the FXR's touring ability. A little vibey at open road speeds and the seat was designed by a sadist :eek5:(but at least an FXR doesn't put my right wrist to sleep)

Squiggles
15th February 2008, 23:40
None of the preceding would stop me, except the Mrs Phurrball wants to come, and refuses....but at least an FXR doesn't put my right wrist to sleep

:gob: lol.

misquote ftw

Phurrball
16th February 2008, 15:49
Oops. That's what happens when ya post after a 12 hour day at work with a stocktake.

Unintentional double entendre FTW! :banana:

*For the record, the firestorm puts my already damaged right wrist to sleep. Not the other ROFLworthy implication*

shingo
16th February 2008, 19:57
Who's ridin down tomorrow morning?

I'm still trying to decide if i want to go, someone convince me. Would be my first BOTS so would be good to go with some other people to show me where to park and place gear.

klyong82
16th February 2008, 20:11
Have fun people and be safe on the road. I'll be busy with work tomorrow trying to make a living....$$:eek:$$

klyong82
16th February 2008, 20:13
must still be in at the shop, he just doesnt want to break it to ya that i was right about honda's :eek:

I think it has been more reliable than your TL....:shutup:

carver
16th February 2008, 20:16
the few will be there.
look for the 3 naked bikes-GSR/VTR/ER6

Ixion
16th February 2008, 20:40
Who's ridin down tomorrow morning?

I'm still trying to decide if i want to go, someone convince me. Would be my first BOTS so would be good to go with some other people to show me where to park and place gear.

I'm going. Noone will know I'm there though.

WHAT THE HELL TIME DOES IT START ? 11 ?

I'll be aiming to leave the autobahn at 9:30 if so.

If you can go, do so. Apart from the racing (which is a hell of a lot better than toothpaste tubes going round a track) it's a splendid social scene. Hordes of bikers, food, drink, chicks, trade stands , a really good day.

Macstar
16th February 2008, 22:01
Weather may just be ok tomorrow!!! Catch ya'll down there - remember to bring sunblock and some jandals and shorts... Prime spot is on the grass hill just after the pit exit / entry (there's shade and elevated views of the 2nd straight and right corner).

Squiggles
17th February 2008, 19:14
you're all chickens, i did the lower part of the loop last evening and stayed in paeroa, out for the first warmups and the entertainment as they worked out not to run wide onto the back straight :laugh:

motorbyclist
17th February 2008, 22:36
you're all chickens, i did the lower part of the loop last evening and stayed in paeroa, out for the first warmups and the entertainment as they worked out not to run wide onto the back straight :laugh:

what? i didn't see you all day!

got plenty of photos of the action though - bugger i put the camera away for both the crashes i saw though

Cr1MiNaL
18th February 2008, 18:27
man that was a fine day. too bad my head was painin a little, must hav been the sun. was awesome watchin the super motard guy 777 come driftin his rear into the hairpin, pity they we still slower than the sports bikes... and who saw the 3 Yammie R6's leading the whole race in the open class... wooooooo !! Rock On ! V V Metal.

Macstar
18th February 2008, 21:29
Yep another good BOTS. Here's some piccies of the SMC crew at the event and other bits and pieces.

Edit: My laptop doesn't have photo file size reducing sorry. Will post another time from desktop.

Squiggles
18th February 2008, 21:33
Edit: My laptop doesn't have photo file size reducing sorry. Will post another time from desktop.

mspaint? :eek:

Cr1MiNaL
18th February 2008, 21:40
mspaint? :eek:

dude hes waaaay too nub for that kind of a technical software programme.

Macstar
18th February 2008, 21:56
Vista basic - just a photo viewing / slide show programme. Need to throw some software on this baby... Anyway, bedtime for us people with real jobs.

Squiggles
18th February 2008, 22:43
Vista

Get rid of that shit :oi-grr:

HungusMaximist
19th February 2008, 15:17
Where's all the photos?

motorbyclist
19th February 2008, 15:55
in a folder on my desktop :bleh:

Chrislost
19th February 2008, 18:00
well?

i was there.
didnt see any of you(i think)

Cr1MiNaL
19th February 2008, 18:32
Man I think Macstar is sum sorta nublett and his computer never mind that... THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :)

carver
19th February 2008, 18:55
Man I think Macstar is sum sorta nublett and his computer never mind that... THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :)

good to see you and GIjoe man

motorbyclist
19th February 2008, 23:03

i need a program to resize multiple images

while i could write one myself, i really cbf

Squiggles
20th February 2008, 00:16
i need a program to resize multiple images

while i could write one myself, i really cbf

http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

That pace car was so far off the pace it wasnt funny :lol:

Macstar
20th February 2008, 07:28

Hey hey hey, us business analysts have intense schedules. I get home at night and can't be arsed getting back in front of a computer again to upload pictures. Will do it tonight tho.

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:20
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

That pace car was so far off the pace it wasnt funny :lol:

cheers - if i could rep you i would:)

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:22
:corn::corn:

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:25
:cool::beer:

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:26
by this point i was really wishing i had brought a seat with me:stupid:

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:30
so i got off my ass and went walkabouts again

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:32
a bit gutted i missed the motards going round that hairpin though :Oops:

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 11:34
well that's 38 pics to keep you busy - thank mozilla for tabbed browsing:first:

later on today i might post up some videos, but i'm gutted i put the camera away right as the two crashes i saw were happening

Squiggles
20th February 2008, 11:38
I was sitting like 3 rows down from you during the F2 Races....

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 14:23
I was sitting like 3 rows down from you during the F2 Races....

LOL

see, i thought you said you would be somewhere around there but never saw you... isaac, mei, ross, ingrid, nish, "what's his name", my mate and myself were all there in one group... how the hell did you miss us?

Squiggles
20th February 2008, 16:15
LOL

see, i thought you said you would be somewhere around there but never saw you... isaac, mei, ross, ingrid, nish, "what's his name", my mate and myself were all there in one group... how the hell did you miss us?

How did you all miss me??? I was looking for someone else and got up a few times (and would have been facing you all!) :eek:

Chrislost
20th February 2008, 17:28
later on today i might post up some videos, but i'm gutted i put the camera away right as the two crashes i saw were happening

dam!

if one of those crashes was the yellow #158 then you missed somthign id love to take past work...

motorbyclist
20th February 2008, 17:37
dam!

if one of those crashes was the yellow #158 then you missed somthign id love to take past work...

i saw the the black gsxr(?) that crashed where i spent most of my day (pulled wheelies, got speed wobbles over that lump in the road, had a shit line, ploughed into those bottle-bag-barriers) and the accident on the start of the second sidecar race where one of the lead bikes stalled, and the bike behind him kept on the gas and tried to go around - clipped the stalled bike, flipped, threw monkey clear, landed on rider, ripped all the carbies and shit off the engine

Chrislost
20th February 2008, 21:52
nah, he crashed going onto the long straight.

fook thats cool watching bikes going at 200 through a main street :eek:

Squiggles
21st February 2008, 09:43
nah, he crashed going onto the long straight.

fook thats cool watching bikes going at 200 through a main street :eek:

yer, that slight corner you'd never notice became a fair bit more entertaining :laugh:

Chrislost
21st February 2008, 19:37
yer, that slight corner you'd never notice became a fair bit more entertaining :laugh:

yahahaha, your telling em you can standf on the track facing that corner and not notice it?

go buy a car!

et al
21st February 2008, 22:33
Hey guys - If you want to see some on bike vid (from #161 in F2) go to this post:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1439360&postcount=81