PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking a remote brake fluid reservoir

R6_kid
11th November 2004, 10:13
The final piece of the puzzle......
I need to get a remote brake reservoir (the white/clear) plastic type that sits up on the top of the tripples/yokes..... Not fussed on type/condition as long as it holds a decent amount of oil and doesnt leak.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, other than this i just gotta buy new pads, rear disc, chain and then its all go for the ZXR...

vifferman
11th November 2004, 10:16
I need to get a remote brake reservoir (the white/clear) plastic type that sits up on the top of the tripples/yokes..... Not fussed on type/condition as long as it holds a decent amount of oil and doesnt leak.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, other than this i just gotta buy new pads, rear disc, chain and then its all go for the ZXR...Try Atomic in Barry's Point Road.

R6_kid
11th November 2004, 10:21
lol, spence is now a friend of mine... I've been in there so often now that he pretty much just says no everytime i walk in. Offered me a full setup of a zx7 but it was gonna be about $165 cause it came with the handle n' everything... i only want the reservoir.

kerryg
11th November 2004, 11:03
lol, spence is now a friend of mine... I've been in there so often now that he pretty much just says no everytime i walk in. Offered me a full setup of a zx7 but it was gonna be about $165 cause it came with the handle n' everything... i only want the reservoir.

There are other wreckers than Atomic. Try Action (across the road from Atomic), Takanini M/C wreckers and the guy in Crummer Road (sorry can't remember his name). And there's all the out of town guys like Andersons in Rotorua etc etc.

Otherwise if all else fails I would have thought a reservoir would be easy enough to fabricate if you got hold of a small clear PP container with a lid (like a small pill bottle), a bit of rubber hose and a couple of clamps and took it to a plastic welder and got him to weld a little spout at the bottom same diameter as the inlet to the master cylinder. Not ideal and might take a bit of shagging around to mount it neatly on the bike but if you're not able to source a 2nd hand one and a new one is too dear you might not have any other options.

I could sell you a whole front brake set up (perch/lever/master cylinder etc) off an old Gixxer (I replaced it with the ZX7 setup that Spence offered you!!)for next to nothing or a dozen beer but it may not be what you want.

カワサキキド
11th November 2004, 16:26
I just got a new master cylinder and lever from bikes n bits (http://www.bikesnbits.co.nz) they delivered overnight and the price was not to bad

FROSTY
11th November 2004, 21:11

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, other than this i just gotta buy new pads, rear disc, chain and then its all go for the ZXR...
Try city Motorcycle spares -PH 3769260
They will have the bits you want. --tell em frosty sent ya

R6_kid
12th November 2004, 19:14
got one for $20 over T&E. Guys a good chap. If you need a frame/forks/tripples/rims or other zxr400 bits gimme a bell and i'll set you up. The guy just wants to get a bit of $$$ for bits he doesnt need but isnt charging an arm and a leg, infact he's underselling wreckers by 25-50%+