PDA

View Full Version : F1 Rapid Art high rise clipons

arj127
11th January 2008, 19:50
I purchased a set of F1 Rapid Art high rise clipons a few days ago. Packing arrived this afternoon well packaged and all safe and sound.
So i decided i may as well get out to the shed and fit them to my SV1000.
The clipons appear to be very well manufactured, and very factory like in finish.
Fitting was fairly simply, aided by the well written instructions and photo that came with the bars.
Fitment took me probably about an hour, and i only had to modify a tab on the brake lever housing (as explained in the photo with instructions), otherwise everything else was sweet.
Haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet (hopefully Sunday if weathers good and i can manage to escape for a few hours), but there doesn't seem to be as much pressure on my wrists now when sitting on it.
Will report back after test ride.

Website is www.RapidArtNZ.com if you want to have a look

arj127
13th January 2008, 10:32
I managed to sneek out this morning for a bit of a ride, and make sure everything is sweet with the bars etc.
Noticed straight away that there was definately less weight on my wrists, and that my back also felt a bit straighter.
Didn't go for a real long ride, but further than the distance where i would normally get pins and needles with the standard clipons.
Turning and countersteering seemed normal, and there was no vibration noticeable through the bars.
So if your getting pins and needles like i was after only a relatively short distance, i would recommend F1 high rise clipons.

98tls
13th January 2008, 10:45
Nice,ive a mate with an SV and he finds it really uncomfortable,he has had the seat repadded but to no avail.I will show him your bars.

arj127
13th January 2008, 10:51
yes, i think the seat is the next thing i am going to have to do something about as i get a sore butt after a while also. I managed to sort that out on my previous bike my adding a 30mm thick piece of foam and re stapling the original cover back on, so i'm hoping i will get away with that on this one.

Pussy
13th January 2008, 10:59
yes, i think the seat is the next thing i am going to have to do something about as i get a sore butt after a while also. I managed to sort that out on my previous bike my adding a 30mm thick piece of foam and re stapling the original cover back on, so i'm hoping i will get away with that on this one.

I have a genuine Suzuki gel seat that fits the K4 onwards SV650/1000, no longer required. Bought it for the missus, but it made the seat height too tall for her. We ended up getting hold of a lower seat instead. Flick me a PM if you're interested, and a sensible offer. Seat is in brand new condition....did approx 50km