PDA

View Full Version : Caution: Paekak Hill Rd Sat/Sun 12/13 Jan

Grub
11th January 2008, 22:01
I went for a pootle over the road today and there's a heap of loose gravelled lines on a number of the corners, much much more than usual. It's usually bad after rain but doesn't hang around long, this seems to.

Sunny weekends being what they are it's just the kind of place we like having a wee run so just be extra vigilant and look ahead. What's happening is that the cars are sweeping everything except a line between wheel tracks ... just where your front wheel wants to go.

Hopefully by Sunday night the traffic will have got rid of most of it.

Madness
11th January 2008, 22:03
The Rimutaka Hill on the other hand is in spectacular condition!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Trudes
11th January 2008, 22:05
Thanks Grub, and yes, isn't the track in good nick at the moment!:cool:

Ocean1
11th January 2008, 22:13
I went for a pootle over the road today and there's a heap of loose gravelled lines on a number of the corners, much much more than usual.

Pootled over there myself, about 17:30. I did see a fair bit of broken rock here and there, but to be honest it didn't seem much worse than usual.

Was going to come back over the Aka's but it was closed, or at least the signs said it was, so I ended up coming back the same way.

Shadows
11th January 2008, 22:28
Pootled over there myself, about 17:30. I did see a fair bit of broken rock here and there, but to be honest it didn't seem much worse than usual.

Was going to come back over the Aka's but it was closed, or at least the signs said it was, so I ended up coming back the same way.

A slip closed the road up that way the other night apparently.