PDA

View Full Version : Back to bikes after 10 yrs Yeeee Haaaaa

RearWheel
14th January 2008, 09:37
Giday to all , Im back on two wheels again after a 10 yr absence and damn it feels good. Riding a 919 hornet this time round, but this in bike No 38 so im no noob, but i had better take it easy till i get in the swing of things again , I was going to rip right out and score me a zx14 but thought better of it till i get some some time under me belt with something a bit tamer:laugh: Im in the north waiarapa (Woodville) and hoping to find some riding partners to do the odd ride with.... not balls out racing but something between Nana and slightly spirited would be cool..... after all im almost 50 and we old folks dont do that full noise stuff anymore..... well not to much :devil2: .
Also at the mo i have a big house (its for sale) but till it sells i have spare beds and plenty of space for anyone that needs one for the night , even got parking in the lounge for the bikes and gear...... anyways great to be here cheers Rearwheel aka Steve

vifferman
14th January 2008, 09:40
Hi, Steve! :spudwave:
Welcome to Kiwi Biker! :wavey:
It's good that you posted about the ZX14, because Honda owners/riders on KB get hassled about their bikes because apparently Hondas are teh ghey. :rolleyes:

NZsarge
14th January 2008, 09:56
Hey Steve, first of all welcome to KB.
Keep an eye on the manawatu threads "Manawatu rides" and "Manawatu easy friday night rides" (i think).
Just make you're self known in these theads and pop along to one of the rides being discussed.
Can't say enough good stuff about this "Manawatu crew". Just as long as you don't throw your brain away before you put your helmet on you'll enjoy these rides for sure and the people even more so.:2thumbsup
Get stuck in mate.:yes::niceone:

RearWheel
14th January 2008, 09:57
Check out my bike here and some ramblings:scooter:
http://www.wezel.orcon.net.nz

Qkchk
14th January 2008, 10:00
It's good that you posted about the ZX14, because Honda owners/riders on KB get hassled about their bikes because apparently Hondas are teh ghey. :rolleyes:

Thats only because they are jealous of our technologically advanced bikes! :laugh:

NZsarge
14th January 2008, 10:01
Giday to all , Im back on two wheels again after a 10 yr absence and damn it feels good. Riding a 919 hornet this time round, but this in bike No 38 so im no noob, cheers Rearwheel aka Steve

I challenge you to name all the bikes you have owned in the order of owning them.:gob:

Better be a good few Yamaha's in that list pal.........:msn-wink::laugh:

skelstar
14th January 2008, 10:22
Welcome to the site :niceone:

RearWheel
14th January 2008, 10:29
I challenge you to name all the bikes you have owned in the order of owning them.:gob:

Better be a good few Yamaha's in that list pal.........:msn-wink::laugh:

Arrrrrrrr crap my memory sucks but i'll never forget my first back in 1970 and dont laugh it was a vespa 50 lol then a 1963 suzi 150 twin and the list goes on kinda like this
sl 125
ts 250
yz 250
3 tt 500s
2 dr370s (1 was brand new)
1 sp 370
tt250
pe 175 (brand new)
ts 400 suzi (apachie)
xl 175
xl 250 super sport
tm 125
rd 250
rd 400
cr 125
2 cb350s
gt 750 water bucket
xs650 yam
cb250
2 ct 90s
and a bunch more dungers that my brain wont allow me to recall at the mo
and the last 2 bikes i had before the hornet were
er 250
and gs 1100
after the first few bikes they are in no paticular order, sorry its the best i can do at short notice lol

NZsarge
14th January 2008, 10:34
Arrrrrrrr crap my memory sucks but i'll never forget my first back in 1970 and dont laugh it was a vespa 50 lol then a 1963 suzi 150 twin and the list goes on kinda like this
and a bunch more dungers that my brain wont allow me to recall at the mo after the first few bikes they are in no paticular order, sorry its the best i can do at short notice lol

Mighty fine try! I approve of the amount of Yamaha's owned too:laugh:

RearWheel
14th January 2008, 10:53
Mighty fine try! I approve of the amount of Yamaha's owned too:laugh:

To tell the truth those TT500s were the best damn bikes i ever owned i loved them and on one i spent a fortune doing all kinds of zorst and engine mods to the tune of about 3000$ which was around a years wages for me at the time, but damn that thing was a hoot and i'd love another one day, but that will prob never happen:no:

yod
14th January 2008, 10:57
welcome - as sarge said, keep an eye on the local threads - there's usually a ride most weekends

NZsarge
14th January 2008, 11:01
To tell the truth those TT500s were the best damn bikes i ever owned i loved them and on one i spent a fortune doing all kinds of zorst and engine mods to the tune of about 3000$ which was around a years wages for me at the time, but damn that thing was a hoot and i'd love another one day, but that will prob never happen:no:

Bet you wish you still owned those RD's and the like of, be worth a few buck now, only gonna go up in price now...

yod
14th January 2008, 11:09
keep an eye on these two threads

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55645

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=60028

MSTRS
14th January 2008, 11:12
Welcome to KB and back to bikes. That's an impressive list of trailies you got there, so a welcome (back) to roadbikes is also in order.
Since you are on our southern doorstep, you could keep in touch with the Hawkes Bay crew too. We sometimes ride in your direction, and you won't have that dodgy Cowboyz to deal with either....

NZsarge
14th January 2008, 11:20
keep an eye on these two threads

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55645

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=60028

Subscribe to these threads even, saves a bit of hunting around when you first log on...

GSVR
14th January 2008, 16:37
Check out my bike here and some ramblings:scooter:
http://www.wezel.orcon.net.nz

Sorry don't agree with your opinions here. Honda, Suzuki and other manufacturers sell there bikes on the fact that they go for ages and don't wear out. They don't want to sell you another engine or have your bike wear out because its not run in properly.

I agree changing the oil often is probably the best thing you can do to get maxium life out of an engine. Another is to not thrash the shit out of it.

Main reason Superbikes last so long is becuase the engines seldom get taken anywhere near there limits unless raced on a track.

Anyway look forward to seeing you out there.

Swoop
21st January 2008, 12:05
Welcome to KB!

Did you notice much of a technology jump in the 10 year rest period?

:ride: