PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to own up to owning a scooter?

Scaredy Cat
11th November 2004, 20:26
I will own up. I'm a proud owner of a Susuki SJ50QT. Only had it about a month. Loving the freedom of going to work any time I need to and not waiting for a bus.

My husband has named it "Speedy".

DebK
12th November 2004, 10:55
Unashamed scooter rider here too... though trying to get a nod or wave out of fellow scoot riders is aggrevating. Like this morning for example. Down the gorge I rolled alongside what looked like a 50cc Jap scoot, eyeballed him, smiled sweetly & then waved... no response! Dork. This occurs far too often. Wave to me from Dunners, will ya Scaredy Cat & a big welcome to the forum. It's fun in here & I've learnt heaps.

Quasievil
12th November 2004, 11:01
Cajun, come on buddy I know youre in here somewhere ,out with it mate

bungbung
12th November 2004, 18:12
I´ve got a PGO PMX50, its fantastic

bear
12th November 2004, 19:22
Rode my sisters nifty fifty once. Exceeded the reccommended weight though, so didn't go very fast (think the weight maxed out at about 80kg). Prefer my Bandit thanks.

R6_kid
12th November 2004, 19:39
used to ride a 1976 Vespa Super 150. That thing could pull wheelies way easier/better than my 250's. I've got a PX150 in pieces which i need to put back together and get on the road.

like i used to say Vespas rule.....scooters suck

Muzz67
12th November 2004, 19:53
my longest ride has been 11km so far! No suspension, 60psi in the rear tyre so the drive roller won't slip, I tell ya 11km is a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way! Sore ass for days.

DebK
12th November 2004, 20:13
like i used to say Vespas rule.....scooters suck Why? Do you see them as a status symbol? They appear to have character, are "trendy", are European (or Indian!) but my scoot is a Euro. It's a "twist & go" plastic scoot but was the fastest scoot I could find within a price bracket.

The ability to keep up with big bikes up the gorge and on the motorway (when they're almost sticking to the speed limit) puts a huge grin on my face & often a disco tune in my head. Sure, I'd love a Duc or MV or Aprilia but for now, the Dragster is damn exciting stuff.

To quote part of a disco tune that I do sing under my helmet in perfect tone-deaf pitch, you could say it... rings my be-e-ell, rings my bell!

Mr Skid
12th November 2004, 21:10
DebK's scooter > :scooter: :not: < me

Hitcher
12th November 2004, 21:30
Don't ride one... Yet. Those Honda Silverwings are a pretty classy looking piece of kit.

texmo
13th November 2004, 09:18
Some guy traded in his VFR for a belladonna not so long ago, and another guy hardly ever rides his BMW any more

Scaredy Cat
13th November 2004, 11:22
Hi all

The weather has been so good here recently that I haven't yet rode it in the rain. Its a good thing as I don't have any wet weather gear :laugh:

I'm hoping that I might get some money to buy some good gear for my birthday soon.

I travel approx 13 km per day, to work and back. Luckily its all flat and I don't have to tackle any hills.

Hi DebK :wavey:

I am Milky
21st November 2004, 20:19
I ride a fxr 150 but miss riding my honda thrifty eve love dat little thing went hard handeled well only problim was i treated it badly :disapint: but i wanna get it going again :Punk:

zooter
21st November 2004, 23:54
For a trip to town my gilera ice beats the hell out of my gsx1100g!

RPM91
22nd November 2004, 00:07
I used to ride a 125cc honda lead before I got a VT250 Spada motorcylce. I took it from westport to christchurch which was like 327k's, it cruised at 80k and had a top speed of 93kmh but 2 days later in chch it conked out and i had found out i melted a hole in the piston :Oops:

R6_kid
22nd November 2004, 11:49
scooters are pretty cool all round, just depends some of the hondas are pretty f'in ugly i think a CT250 was one i saw, but on the whole, oversized scooters just seem silly, i think vespa got it right by stopping at the 200cc mark, its all you need on a scoot!!!

Hmmm, i looked at an italjet scooter, but was too pricey. You must be rich debK ;)

Coyote
22nd November 2004, 16:59
Own up? You say as people would be ashamed of owning a scooter. If I had one, I would be bragging about it.:lol:

John
22nd November 2004, 18:12
I have some crazy little 95 Honda, that I will sell to raise funds for my bike!

its good fun ripping around in a scooter, mainly when your gunning it, and get all the funny looks from the local ruawai bike club, who try not fall of thier bike laughing at you ...

haha good times with 49cc's

DebK
22nd November 2004, 18:59
Hmmm, i looked at an italjet scooter, but was too pricey. You must be rich debK ;)Got mine 2nd hand - $4,500 with 7K on the clock. Looked brand new so was chuffed with the price as brand new they were $7,800.

Pickle
22nd November 2004, 19:46
If owning a CT110 is a scooter then I have one, been to Gisborne and back for the Wine & food festival ( OK it was from Hastings ) with 2 others and a YSR80. Cruised at approx 75 / 80k's top speed 95km/h. Great fun we raced each other all the way there and back.
Planning to do the Coast to Coast on the CT with others on similar scooters.
see coast to coast thread in the meetings forum.

savageFA5O
22nd November 2004, 19:47
i own a suzuki FA50

its a beast

ajturbo
22nd November 2004, 20:14
i have a 1972 suzuki step threw (sp?) i got it for $50. becuase it didn't go...i put some petrol in it gave it a couple of kicks.. away it went!,
luke hooooooons around on it at the moment (he's 12) i have taken it to town all the way down Pyes Pa road!! had to get into 1st :first: a few times :ride: but i made it there and back.. only lost the rego holder somewhere!??