PDA

View Full Version : Gentle ride this weekend lol (19-20 January)

ital916
15th January 2008, 11:30
Hey anybody up for a cruise this weekend, nothing intense just a cruise with some fun corners to go around. I was thinking maybe out to just past kawakawa bay and then turn round and head back, it's got some nice twisties on the way there but there is no way in hell i'm going into the kaiaua twisties until i have a better handle on cornering. A learner friendly ride so all noobs are welcome! WOuld be nice to see some new riders joining in. On a random note, i'll be checking my transmission oil and pumping some brand new stuff in tonight, any signs i should be wary of apart from oh hwere the hell has it allgone and hmmm i swear there shouldn't be petrol in there lol. Oh and apart from hanne and mei, why is there no other female riders/pillions in the club?? Just wondering lol

shingo
15th January 2008, 11:33
I'm up for up ride on the weekend, but you gotta have it on sunday. I can't be pulling sickies every weekend.

bomma
15th January 2008, 15:23
hey man i get back in to nz on the 18th nite and will need the 19th to recover from travellin so freakin long so im up for a ride on the 20th (which i think is the sunday???) hafnt ridden for 2 months so im ITCHING to get back on!!!

i cant remember which way kawakawa bay is....if its north then ill head back down with you guys but if its south ill carry through to whangamata and down to waipu??? or watever it is thats just down the coast from whangamata.....awesome roads and im lookin forward to gettin my ass back on my bike!!! :2thumbsup

Squiggles
15th January 2008, 15:25
why is there no other female riders/pillions in the club??

There are, they just dont like you :bleh:

ital916
15th January 2008, 15:32
Haha if they don't like me, they must really hate you :Pokey: JOKES.

ital916
15th January 2008, 15:34
Hey bomma, kawakawa is north and it's not a long ride, bout an hour out and the an hour back to auck *i think or maybe an hour and a half*, perfect for noobs like me cos it's not so technical. Hope you can make it. Yeah sunday sounds like a good day for me aye.

bomma
15th January 2008, 15:41
hmmm mayb not long enough me thinks.....ill ride wif u guys till kawakawa and chill wif u there and then when u guys take off ill head up toward whangarei.......cant freaking wait matey!!! and itll be the first time i meet you D so it shud be fun!! i might be missing Big Day Out but who cares coz this is NOOB DAY OUT BITCHES!!!

Squiggles
15th January 2008, 16:32
Hey bomma, kawakawa is north and it's not a long ride, bout an hour out and the an hour back to auck *i think or maybe an hour and a half*

Yeah right, its north of whangarei.
Kawakawa bay on the other hand, is east, on the way to Kaiaua.

Go buy a map.

ital916
15th January 2008, 16:49
haha cool so it's east, so sue me stephen, i don't know where anything is!

ital916
15th January 2008, 16:51
although a map would be nice...hmm think i will go buy one. DO you reckon they make pop up ones!! :bleh:

ital916
15th January 2008, 17:23
:angry2: went outside all prepared to change the oil and i can't even get the effing oil plug off lol it's put on bloody tight! i reckon it hasn't been opened since the bike was made. Will have to go get a nice spanner set tomorrow *i was using a nut wrench of the correct size but to no avail* and try again, anyone keen to lend a noob a hand and also learn the intricacies of changing two stroke tranny oil lol, think i'll go for a cruise to mission bay to chill.

Squiggles
15th January 2008, 18:25
*hopes you're turning it the right way, what with it being upside down and all*

Socket sets and bars work well for tight bolts, as do torque wrenches when it comes to doing them back up :wari:

Macstar
15th January 2008, 20:10
Don't use shit tools you just end up rounding off nuts etc and use a torque wrench or you overtighten stuff! (Speaking from experience here). You can borrow my tools if ya want I have all the above-mentioned stuff.

Two tips for removing bitchass nuts/bolts:

1. Give them a wack with the hammer a couple of times before attempting to loosen.
2. Loosen off when engine is cold.

Anyway, back to the ride:

Hows about a rough ride as opposed to a gentle one? I got the KTM motard back tonight after its engine rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does power wheelies in 3rd gear now!!!!!!!!

Nagash
15th January 2008, 20:28
I'm keen to come for a cruise on the cruiser on Sunday.

ital916
15th January 2008, 20:33
Lol well if we get a group together, we can start off gently and then start ripping it up a little, again learners at back and faster guys up front! you can burn away on one wheel powersliding around corners giving the finger if want isaac, ill work on my gear shifts and lines at the back :bleh:. It can be a welcome back ride for bomma *i've never met ya, but any excuse to meet a fellow biker and to ride <_< lol*. Sweet deals isaac, do you reside near remuera by any chance, i can pootle round sometime within the next week and quickly do the switcharoo with the oil. Might need a hand with that blasted nut. Sweet deals nagash! I reckon if we meet at the uni gym for eleven..a nice suitable time, early enough but not ludicrous like meeting in botany for ten:crazy: lol

Cr1MiNaL
15th January 2008, 20:57
Don't use shit tools you just end up rounding off nuts etc and use a torque wrench or you overtighten stuff! (Speaking from experience here). You can borrow my tools if ya want I have all the above-mentioned stuff.

Two tips for removing bitchass nuts/bolts:

1. Give them a wack with the hammer a couple of times before attempting to loosen.
2. Loosen off when engine is cold.

Anyway, back to the ride:

Hows about a rough ride as opposed to a gentle one? I got the KTM motard back tonight after its engine rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It does power wheelies in 3rd gear now!!!!!!!!

Meh meh Ill give ya a ride for ya money A:stupid: ...

Hey Nish dude wtf man u lucky bastard been away holidaying at the fukin clubs, while I've been .... well I was gonna say sweating it out here, but the weathers been mean and guess what Im no longer a student so I actually can aford stuff for a change... let the good times roll.. give me a txt when u get back Nish well have a big house warming party here at my new place !

bomma
16th January 2008, 05:42
Hey Nish dude wtf man u lucky bastard been away holidaying at the fukin clubs, while I've been .... well I was gonna say sweating it out here, but the weathers been mean and guess what Im no longer a student so I actually can aford stuff for a change... let the good times roll.. give me a txt when u get back Nish well have a big house warming party here at my new place !

haha hey dude!!! not partyin much man but been chillin a whole fucking lot....had a mean azz time in goa wat with the night life and awesome seafood and cheap :beer: :msn-wink: got a permanent souvenire drawn on my back while i was there too :headbang:

sweet to hear bout the graduation man!!! congrats!!! :niceone: ud beta be havin a graduation party when i get back!! lol about finally being able to afford shit...its sad how piss poor us students really are....all except isaac with a garage full of bikes and possibly a car (although ive never actually seen a car in isaac's shed so correct me if im wrong)

look forward to gettin back and checkin out your new place....hope i wont have to come out to bloody massey tho :P

ill catch ya real soon....u comin on this ride???

bomma
16th January 2008, 05:45
Yeah right, its north of whangarei.
Kawakawa bay on the other hand, is east, on the way to Kaiaua.

Go buy a map.

sweet fuckin woooot:eek:!!!! kick ass then if u guys r headin to kawakawa bay then ill tag along wit ya, hit kaiaua for lunch and then make my way down to whangamata and the township further south (cant rememba what the place is but i know it starts with "W")....:woohoo::bleh:

all are welcome to join me...hope the bloody holidayers dont pack up the roads tho:confused:

ital916
16th January 2008, 06:16
Haha i've never seen anyone so excited to ride...I'll go as far as the sharp rightie before kaiaua then peel off and turn around, not gonna push myself too far, i know my limits lol Thats if my fucking bike will start! Got up this morning, started the bike up, sweet deals. Rode it up my driveway and stopped cos i needed to close the garage door, the gearbox wouldn't shift into neutral. Fuck...so i stopped the engine in gear, went back and closed the door. Came back, clutch in, engine was warm so i kick it and..nothing.....another kick....nothing...........32 kicks later...nothing.....the engine wasn't flooded by 15kicks..maybe by 32 it was lol but it started first kick before!! SO yeah there i was twenty min late for work getting pushed down the road by good ol mum, starting the engine...it slowly and reluctantly crackled into life. If my bike could talk it would be saying "fuck you i don't want to start...just five more minutes" lol Anyway, i don't know whats going on aye, bloody gearbox is sticky now and the bike won't start and sigh..any diagnosis, i really wanna try fix it before the wekend. FUnniest thing was my mum coming down the drive way seeing as i hadn't ring a dinged off yet to find me cursing and swearing at the bike...man you'd think i was having a domestice or something. I said soime harsh things, but i told her i was sorry and that she's a great bike...must be that time of the month or something with her.

Macstar
16th January 2008, 06:57
possibly a car (although ive never actually seen a car in isaac's shed so correct me if im wrong)

I now partially own a cage too unfortunately. In fact, driving a cage in rush hour traffic the other day i got major road rage cause for 3 years on a motorbike I've been cutting through cars, using bus lanes etc and never waited in long stupid cage queues.

klyong82
16th January 2008, 07:45
Rough ride sounds tempting.....whoops someone is coming turning the PC off...:confused:

DUCATI*HARD
16th January 2008, 08:09
the dukestars will be out that way,keep an eye out for the black triple9 and the chrome monster,il most probably be on one wheel:niceone:we will be carving the kaiaua loop,then of to whangamata,waihi,pearoa,ohinewai and a little bit off sh22:devil2:

Ixion
16th January 2008, 09:33
Haha i've never seen anyone so excited to ride...I'll go as far as the sharp rightie before kaiaua then peel off and turn around, not gonna push myself too far, i know my limits lol Thats if my fucking bike will start! Got up this morning, started the bike up, sweet deals. Rode it up my driveway and stopped cos i needed to close the garage door, the gearbox wouldn't shift into neutral. Fuck...so i stopped the engine in gear, went back and closed the door. Came back, clutch in, engine was warm so i kick it and..nothing.....another kick....nothing...........32 kicks later...nothing.....the engine wasn't flooded by 15kicks..maybe by 32 it was lol but it started first kick before!! SO yeah there i was twenty min late for work getting pushed down the road by good ol mum, starting the engine...it slowly and reluctantly crackled into life. If my bike could talk it would be saying "fuck you i don't want to start...just five more minutes" lol Anyway, i don't know whats going on aye, bloody gearbox is sticky now and the bike won't start and sigh..any diagnosis, i really wanna try fix it before the wekend. FUnniest thing was my mum coming down the drive way seeing as i hadn't ring a dinged off yet to find me cursing and swearing at the bike...man you'd think i was having a domestice or something. I said soime harsh things, but i told her i was sorry and that she's a great bike...must be that time of the month or something with her.

New spark plug.

ital916
16th January 2008, 11:52
PIcking up a new iridium spark plug today hopefully, will try install it tomorrow or on friday and hopefully have the bike up and running for the weekend. I plan on spending sat and sun riding lol With the oil it doesn't have a dipstick but does have a screw level, i will check the level today.

bomma
16th January 2008, 16:44
I now partially own a cage too unfortunately. In fact, driving a cage in rush hour traffic the other day i got major road rage cause for 3 years on a motorbike I've been cutting through cars, using bus lanes etc and never waited in long stupid cage queues.

been there:2guns:.....:argue:ive finally accepted that cars are fat pieces of shit and the more you think ull get somewhere quick, the angrier you get so ive kinda made peace:calm:......in the rare event that i use the car i just sit there thinking of what i would be doing if i had my bike right now :dodge: its most entertaining :clap: except when someone cuts you off and then its :angry2::ar15:

btw hus keen on this ride and hus keen for a longer pootle??? as some may know i havent ridden for 2 months :wacko:so im not gonna be amazingly confident getting back on so ill try and take it easy just so i dont harm myself or my bike so the longer pootle with me will be average pace :calm:

Ragingrob
16th January 2008, 16:57
Sup guys I could be keen for a ride on Sunday if I can join up somehow in the arvo if anyone's cruising for a while? Probably free from say 2pm 'till dark :). Gimme a text cause I'm away from comp till Sunday anyway lol.

021 152 3159

ital916
16th January 2008, 17:24
who's keen to come over friday arvo and help me get the new spark plug in, i have a barbecue at six thirty to be at so prob start at three or something. I'm really keen to come on the ride on sun and i have one on sat too, so yeah SMC assemble *blows horn*, so yeah any help would be appreciate. *the bike is immobile at the mo and it's a pain job*....so yeah SOS lol. Sorry to be asking for help so much.

Squiggles
16th January 2008, 22:29
remove tank, use spark plug tool, swap plugs, then go for a ride, revving it like it wants to be revved

Ixion
16th January 2008, 23:01
Stupid design. Fancy having to take the tanks off. BTW buy 2 spark plugs, always carry at least one spare. And a plug spanner.

motorbyclist
16th January 2008, 23:59
New spark plug.

exactly what i thought

remove tank, use spark plug tool, swap plugs, then go for a ride, revving it like it wants to be revved

and that too - i did so myself after the last noob ride, but then thought i'd better give it a rest before the gearbox got worse:(

Stupid design. Fancy having to take the tanks off. BTW buy 2 spark plugs, always carry at least one spare. And a plug spanner.

you think taking the tank off is stupid? try the NC30 where you have to free the tail fairings, remove seat, tank, all the front fairings and then a radiator too! and then you need the tool or bore out and weld a socket into an existing tool only to find the original one a week later - in the bike toolkit under the seat:doh:)

got a mate with a zxr who also found the radiator needed to come off to get at the plugs

and my dirtbike has the sparkplug directly below the "spine" of the chassis, so you can't pull both the plug and socket out at the same time and have to do a tricky magnet/long nose plier combo:wacko:

and as for having spare plugs - get them in bulk at sales; when the offroad honda shop in kumeu shut down i bought all their remaining stock of CR8E (which wasn't many by the time i got there) for my dirtbike and got them dirt cheap. saved me a few bucks plus i don't have to go to the shop for plugs all the time

ital916
17th January 2008, 06:00
sweet deals, the tank doesn't need to be empty though does it?? This is a crash course in bike maintenance for me lol SPark plug tool? hmm guessing thats a thingy of sorts, no problemo i will fix it soon as,now to read the manual when i get home lol

ital916
17th January 2008, 06:02
i think i will go buy lots of tools today, seeing as all mine are gone. Must haves are spanners *a kit of various sizes*, torque wrench, allen key set, screwdrivers....

Edit: Jesus torque wrenches are expensive, maybe i'll just get everything else.

MGST
17th January 2008, 07:45
Repco torque wrenches are cheaper than the Jesus torque wrenches.

ital916
17th January 2008, 11:37
I don't know whether your seriosu or taking the piss :lol:

shingo
17th January 2008, 11:55
Dont touch the cheapo torgue wrench from repco which is around $40, they are complete rubbish. If you need one i would go for the $90 motogard one. i might be able to hook you up with a good deal on some tools :msn-wink: but i wont be back in auckland till saturday.

MGST
17th January 2008, 12:44
Yeah I'm taking the piss haha.

The $90 Motogard on is the go. I've had one for years and it's never let me down building race car engines etc. The Motogard one goes "click" when it gets to the torque. Don't get one with the moving needle cos if you have to use it in an awkward place and you can't see the needle you're screwed. The "click" ones means you can use it at any angle cos you hear when it is there.

Squiggles
17th January 2008, 14:27
come by and see whats in my toolkit, thats pretty much all you'll need for 90% of the jobs

Tank doesnt need to be empty, just flick it to off or if it doesnt have an off place it somewhere so that its not leaking

Me saying take the tank off and all is based on the presumption that the cylinder is almost vertical with the spark plug at the top, i forget, easy to google it tho :)

ital916
17th January 2008, 19:15
I decided now would be a good time to invest in a toolkit so yeah i now have a spanner set, socket set, plier set, screwdriver set, ratchets and other stuff, oh and i have two sets of each in imperial and metric. Hey stephen if i can get her push started i'll pootle over tomorrow, you can have a go with all my new tools *although they are of a cheaper quality than powerbuilt, who can afford those!*, gotta change the tranny oil too, gearbox is clunking lots, i'm guessing that why, and maybe need to adjust clutch cable like ixion said, and while i'm at it, ill just take the engine out dissasemble it, clean it and re assemble it :bleh:

ital916
17th January 2008, 19:16
oh and you guys aren't allowed to laugh if i fully cock doing this up! Stephen has heaps of practice lol somethng simple to him will be a 5 hour job for me haha

HungusMaximist
17th January 2008, 20:34
^ You'll be fine, don't you do Engineering Dushy? This will be a piece of piss compared to Uni :msn-wink:

ital916
17th January 2008, 20:36
Haha if it's anything like builind a bridge out of popsicle sticks then i'll do awesome, mind you there were some hardcore calculations in that bridge. See you all hopefully on sat for ej's ride

Squiggles
17th January 2008, 21:54
pootle over tomorrow

yer, if ya start it just roll by and ill come down from work on a break to help ya :) If starting is a no go just gimme a txt :)

EJK
17th January 2008, 21:59
Haha if it's anything like builind a bridge out of popsicle sticks then i'll do awesome, mind you there were some hardcore calculations in that bridge. See you all hopefully on sat for ej's ride

What ej's ride? :crazy:

Hanne
17th January 2008, 22:07
What ej's ride? :crazy:

SShhhhh, it's a secret :P:P

EJK
17th January 2008, 22:09
lol

*ehem*there might be a ride if I can borrow a bike by tmrw*ehem*
*ehem*text me for more info*ehem*
*ehem*021*ehem*0265*ehem*4015*ehem*

Translation: I'm going on a ride on Sat. txt me 021-0265-4015

motorbyclist
17th January 2008, 22:44
hrmm, maybe i should buy a torque wrench one day too

for all the effort over 5+ years put into shearing, swearing at, removing, swearing at some more, and then replacing bolts you'd think it was about time:laugh:

just went to mitre10 on sunday and bought some semidecent ringspanners and an el-cheapo socket set cause dad lent the only complete one in the shed to a mate who then went up north with it.... $30 total and yes i know in 6 months all i'll have left is an untouched imperial set of sockets:pinch:

(maybe if i didn't use ringspanners to get extra leverage on ratchets i would break less tools)

EJK
17th January 2008, 23:09
Just to those who havn't got the details.

Ride to Kaiaua for F n C (best in the country)

Meet at BP Botany at 10am (Chapel road & Ti rakau Drive)

We will be back around 3-4pm

It's just a quiet ride *ehem*and I wanna get on the road!*ehem* Means no hooning, wheelies etc basic stuffs.

Route: BP Botany, Whitford mem road, Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, Kaiaua.

Way back: I suggest Mangatangi, Hunua Road, Clevedon and back to Albany.

Just letting you guys know, this ride will be into dust if I can't borrow the bike. You guys can go without me tho

Also, my mobile number is 021-0265-4015

I may not go online much and the ride is only a day away so just txt me if you have any questions lol

Invitation to other riders is welcome

P.S. Weather permit too

klyong82
18th January 2008, 07:59
Just to those who havn't got the details.

Ride to Kaiaua for F n C (best in the country)

Meet at BP Botany at 10am (Chapel road & Ti rakau Drive)

We will be back around 3-4pm

It's just a quiet ride *ehem*and I wanna get on the road!*ehem* Means no hooning, wheelies etc basic stuffs.

Route: BP Botany, Whitford mem road, Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, Kaiaua.

Way back: I suggest Mangatangi, Hunua Road, Clevedon and back to Albany.

Just letting you guys know, this ride will be into dust if I can't borrow the bike. You guys can go without me tho

Also, my mobile number is 021-0265-4015

I may not go online much and the ride is only a day away so just txt me if you have any questions lol

Invitation to other riders is welcome

P.S. Weather permit too

So this ride is tomorrow? Saturday the 19?

EJK
18th January 2008, 19:46
The Ride is ON

ital916
18th January 2008, 22:43
What about the sunday ride? I can't make tomorrow.

motorbyclist
19th January 2008, 00:21
... Thats if my fucking bike will start! Got up this morning, started the bike up, sweet deals. Rode it up my driveway and stopped cos i needed to close the garage door, the gearbox wouldn't shift into neutral. Fuck...so i stopped the engine in gear, went back and closed the door. Came back, clutch in, engine was warm so i kick it and..nothing.....another kick....nothing...........32 kicks later...nothing.....the engine wasn't flooded by 15kicks..maybe by 32 it was lol but it started first kick before!! SO yeah there i was twenty min late for work getting pushed down the road by good ol mum, starting the engine...it slowly and reluctantly crackled into life. If my bike could talk it would be saying "fuck you i don't want to start...just five more minutes" lol Anyway, i don't know whats going on aye, bloody gearbox is sticky now and the bike won't start and sigh..any diagnosis, i really wanna try fix it before the wekend. ...

lol the sparkplug had a HUGE gap between top and what was left of the electrode and the whole thingwas black and almost flaking with carbon

tranny oil was definitely in need of a change

gave the clutch cable a slight adjustment

suffice to say the bike now runs well... could do with a good thrashing though

NEXT!:doctor:

ital916
19th January 2008, 17:33
how was the ride?

shingo
19th January 2008, 18:24
What about the sunday ride? I can't make tomorrow.

i'm still keen for a ride tomorrow. wot time and where u wanna meet?

silverado
19th January 2008, 18:50
i'm still keen for a ride tomorrow. wot time and where u wanna meet?

I'm keen too. Just need time and place. Even riding around Mission Bay will suit.:scooter:

ital916
19th January 2008, 20:27
Hey guys, can't go out far tomorrow and the roads are pretty wasted eh but i was thinking if we meet up at uni gym for ten thirty we can head for a cruise down to mission bay for an ice cream *i farkin love the ice cream down there man*...keen to gatecrash motorb's to check out his viffer lol Anyone keen, mission bay is a very cool ride if you take the twisty route.

shingo
19th January 2008, 20:33
sounds like a plan, see you tomorrow at 10:30 :cool:

Plus i second a ride out west, we could even head out to piha or somewhere similar.

ital916
19th January 2008, 20:37
sweet bro, this is going out to all SMC and motorcycle riders, if your keen for a catch up and a chill out come join. Would be nice to meet the larger version of me aye nish *too many people have told me i'm a smaller version of you lol*, ice cream and chillin in miss then maybe a short ride out somewhere. gotta be back for one thirty though, my mum has her second lots of motorcycle lessons. :2thumbsup

Macstar
19th January 2008, 21:38
sweet bro, this is going out to all SMC and motorcycle riders, if your keen for a catch up and a chill out come join. Would be nice to meet the larger version of me aye nish *too many people have told me i'm a smaller version of you lol*, ice cream and chillin in miss then maybe a short ride out somewhere. gotta be back for one thirty though, my mum has her second lots of motorcycle lessons. :2thumbsup

Your mum is learning to ride?! Now that is cool:niceone:

Tropical storm is supposed to hit North Island tonight (downgraded from a cyclone). No sure if the weather will be up to it tommorrow...

ital916
19th January 2008, 22:10
yeah mate, she's getting there. She had a little off learning to ride last week but back in the saddle. Riderskills are really patient. How's the hornet going?

motorbyclist
20th January 2008, 15:55
...keen to gatecrash motorb's to check out his viffer lol Anyone keen, mission bay is a very cool ride if you take the twisty route.

fairings/tank are in mt wellington... but they've got primer at long last:banana:

ital916
20th January 2008, 18:51
You should do a write up on a vfr/rvf 400, there aren't many *well i should probably look harder lol*, everyone recommends them.....tempting for the future. lol

HungusMaximist
21st January 2008, 11:24
mission bay is a very cool ride if you take the twisty route.

For all the years that I've lived around here, I never noticed there's actually a twisty route?

Macstar
21st January 2008, 18:33
For all the years that I've lived around here, I never noticed there's actually a twisty route?

Sure, don't you know the via Kaiaua / Howick route?

motorbyclist
21st January 2008, 20:54
You should do a write up on a vfr/rvf 400, there aren't many *well i should probably look harder lol*, everyone recommends them.....tempting for the future. lol

maybe i will... once the paint is all shiny and done...

didn't get to do the second primer coat today as i had hoped, work called and will want me tomorrow too - bugger really cause i was hoping to have it FINALLY finished by friday:crybaby:

Sure, don't you know the via Kaiaua / Howick route?

:laugh: