PDA

View Full Version : If its a Honda, I'll ride it!

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 09:57
I personally think Honda motorcyles are the best and anything else is 2nd rate. :2thumbsup

I'm a naki Honda rider, who has been riding Hondas since I was eight years old. Yea, some of you might say I'm a bit mad liking Honda, but hey I do work in a psychiatric unit! :bash:

I'm happy to ride with anyone, no matter what they are on. Its more important to ride to enjoy, than be a member of a minority that will only ride with their own kind... :Offtopic:

:rockon: I hope to see some of you on the road in the future, I used to ride with Max and Rastus at times before they came to grief :angry:

So take it easy, if you can't, don't get caught and if I can help feel free to ask :eyepoke:

Blakamin
12th November 2004, 10:06
Hi and Welcome... had a few Hondas myself... Just traded my CBR400 for my Duc

Got any photos of your bike???
hope to see you out there one day! :ride:

vifferman
12th November 2004, 10:07
I personally think Honda motorcyles are the best and anything else is 2nd rate. :2thumbsup Troll? (we need a smiley troll, or even an ugly one, or a troll with a fishing rod..)

Whatever. Welcome to KB, and prepare for the flamefest.

I've owned 7 Hondas, but I wouldn't made a statement like that. Firstly, I don't think Honda is necessarily best, just what I've happened to buy each time I was looking for a bike. Secondly, I don't think your statement is quantifiable, so I hope you've something to back it up with.

Looks/Styling? Ducati, or other Italian bikes, but ultimately subjective.
Reliability? Most things are reliable nowadays.
Performance? Maybe in MotoGP, but certainly not in road bikes, nor in MX.
Rideability? Generally most magazines rate the Hondas as most rideable, or easiest to live with in the real world, but that's because they aim for not being too "out there" (i.e., most conservative of the bike manufacturers). "Out there" exceptions such as the Rune, and NAS were designed outside of Japan. There biggest "out there" bike, the NR, was an expensive exercise, but had some spin-offs in the VFRs, the Blackbird, etc.

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 10:20
:brick: Its that simple for me. For anyone else? Ride what you want :done:
:Pokey: No point getting annoyed with my opinion :Oops: as I'll stick to my guns thanks :2guns:

Sniper
12th November 2004, 11:13
:brick: Its that simple for me. For anyone else? Ride what you want :done:
:Pokey: No point getting annoyed with my opinion :Oops: as I'll stick to my guns thanks :2guns:

Your opinion is more than welcome here, hell I even ride a Honda and I love it!!Its the best little 250 Ive ridden!! Then again, I havent ridden alot of bikes so I dont want to go ahead and say everything else is 2nd best. Im not the type to make waves.

I have owned 2 hondas an 2 suzukis and I think all of them are great. Nothing wrong with opinions, just be careful that they dont offend too many people.

Otherwise, welcome and have a great time. I have found this site to be fantastic and the people extremly friendly "Thanks Guys" :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Ride safe Honda :ride:

Motu
12th November 2004, 11:15
Welcome - you knew Rastus,that's cool...we did a nose butt once,what an attitude he had!

Blackbird
12th November 2004, 11:21
Welcome :not: :not:

Geoff

Racey Rider
12th November 2004, 11:45
L plate rider ha.
Gee, thats gotta suck! :bleh:

Welcome along. Hope to see you round sometime.
Racey. :cool:

FzerozeroT
12th November 2004, 11:59
hondas are great if you don't like getting your hands dirty, but far too reliable to be a 'real bike' :P

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 12:22
What does the "L plate mean?" :argh:

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 12:22
What does the "L plate mean?" :argh: Wow, these threads can be edited :Punk: :finger: :scooter:

riffer
12th November 2004, 12:34
What does the "L plate mean?" :argh: Wow, these threads can be edited :Punk: :finger: :scooter:
See Here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747)

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 12:50
:scooter: I'd rather be a L plate than a whore!!! :finger:

Pwalo
12th November 2004, 12:57
I personally think Honda motorcyles are the best and anything else is 2nd rate. ::eyepoke:

You sound like you should be riding another H brand bike mate. WSB, AMA, BSB, MotoGP.

FT400, CB250/400N, VF750, CX500, CBX550, NR500, elastic camchains, chocolate valves, enclosed discs.

Yep they make some lovely bikes, but they've made their share of dogs, just like every other manufacturer.

Gee I feel so much better after that, must have some more coffee.

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 13:06
You sound like you should be riding another H brand bike mate. WSB, AMA, BSB, MotoGP.

FT400, CB250/400N, VF750, CX500, CBX550, NR500, elastic camchains, chocolate valves, enclosed discs.

Yep they make some lovely bikes, but they've made their share of dogs, just like every other manufacturer.

Gee I feel so much better after that, must have some more coffee.

Yea they might have made "some" in the past, but are pretty quick to fix em and I believe that they have produced much less lemons that other companies. I've rebuilt them, recked them, trashed em and they keep on ticking. I had a C90 as a 8 year old and was informed by me dad that if I killed it (by riding only) I could have a decient dirt bike. Tried and tried, but no luck. Exhaust fell off, back suspension fell off, multiple flats etc etc. HONDA IS GREAT! :bleh:

Blakamin
12th November 2004, 13:44
Actually, whoring is fun... much better than being a hond.... oops.. L plater.. :Pokey:

vifferman
12th November 2004, 13:59
Yea they might have made "some" in the past, but are pretty quick to fix em ...Rrrriiiighht....:rolleyes:

Like the VFR / VTR /CBR Wreck-you-later/Rectum Fryers? That Honda must have known for years were dodgy, and despite their manufacturer (Shindengen) making beefier finned ones for YEARS, it wasn't until 2002 that Honda started fitting them to any models, and started locating them where they wouldn't overheat as much?

Or the dodgy camchains / CCTs?
My first Honda (1973 or '74 model) had a crap camchain and tensioner, and so did my '85 VF500 and my '97 VTR, and so do 2004 VTRs, CBRs, etc. Because they don't generally show up as crap in the first couple of years, or maybe to save face, Honda won't even admit there's a problem. Yet I know people who have had them fail very early on, with less than 20,000 kms on the odo. I know a guy whose 2004 CBR1000RR had the camchain crap out in the first few weeks!

And talking to a Honda salesman a few days ago, he denied there was ever any problems with R/Rs or camchains, saying that only the "odd bike here and there" was affected. I guess it's "operator error". :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is a bit picky, and generally Hondas are pretty reliable. I've actually broken down twice, both times with failed R/Rs, and it didn't shake my faith in their reliability enough to swear off them, although I was pissed off having two, on two different bikes, in less than two years, after 7 years of no problems whatsoever on my VF500.

It's interesting when you actually spend a lot of time on owners forums, and find that there are model-specific problems that crop up again and again. You won't find out about these by talking to a few owners, or to the dealers. If I'd know that VTRs had R/R problems, camchain problems and weak clutches, I definitely wouldn't have bought one. I bet if I asked a Honda salesman about VTEC-specific issues, he probably wouldn't tell me about faulty stators, or the faulty ones Honda initially issued under warranty to replace these....
I did ask about the reported lengthy and expense valve-shim clearance checks associated with the VTEC heads, and was told they weren't a big deal at all: "They're not Ducatis, y'know!"

badlieutenant
12th November 2004, 19:06
FS you have bitten big time. just walk away ................ :shutup: :)

inlinefour
12th November 2004, 21:10
about the problem models that Honda make? All models that I've never had the want to own. A newist Fireblade would be ultimate, but I never got passed owning several CBs and ended up with several older bikes also. Might have a monkey bike hopefully (depending on the price), but that one is just for fun. :beer:

Ms Piggy
12th November 2004, 21:21
Hi Honda,
Welcome along to KB's. :spudwave: I normally ride a Honda too and hope to be riding it again soon. :bye:

Deano
12th November 2004, 21:26
And talking to a Honda salesman a few days ago, he denied there was ever any problems with R/Rs or camchains, saying that only the "odd bike here and there" was affected. I guess it's "operator error". :rolleyes:

I bet if I asked a Honda salesman about VTEC-specific issues, he probably wouldn't tell me about faulty stators, or the faulty ones Honda initially issued under warranty to replace these....[/size]
I did ask about the reported lengthy and expense valve-shim clearance checks associated with the VTEC heads, and was told they weren't a big deal at all: "They're not Ducatis, y'know!"

Excuse my ignorance but what is an R/R ?

Camchains ???? Gears are the way to go aren't they or do they have inherent problems also ?

Which bikes have V-Tec ? I thought it was only the cars.

Certainly not a Ducati when it comes to servicing...ask my wallet.

Oh, and welcome Honda - you're alright in my book. :2thumbsup

Hitcher
12th November 2004, 21:28
A Taranaki boy who rides Hondas? I guess one out of two is OK.

LB
13th November 2004, 05:01
Hi Honda, welcome to KB. There's a few of you Taranaki-ites now (Racey Rider, Sensei, K14 in the hols) - you guys should have a get-together.

NC
13th November 2004, 05:39
Actually, whoring is fun... much better than being a hond.... oops.. L plater.. :Pokey:

Come on, you know you :love2: teh Honda ;) too... :bleh: :lol:

I personally think Honda motorcyles are the best and anything else is 2nd rate.

I love my bike, infact I'm having second thoughts in selling it. But I so want a SP1.
But I have to say there are bikes on the market that are just as good. But don't have that special something that a Honda does :)

Blakamin
13th November 2004, 07:32
But I have to say there are bikes on the market that are just as good. But don't have that special something that a Honda does :)
:killingme Broken rectifiers???

nah, you were right...I still like hondas

NC
13th November 2004, 07:38
:killingme Broken rectifiers???
The problem can always be........rectified :shifty: Hee hee

nah, you were right...I still like hondas

:laugh: I knew IT!!!! :p

Sniper
13th November 2004, 09:05

Dweeb :Playnice:

NC
13th November 2004, 09:56
Dweeb :Playnice:

Nice wordage :msn-wink:

Sniper
13th November 2004, 09:58
Nice wordage :msn-wink:

Haha, thanks, couldnt think of anything else that springs to mind.

Hey Honda, please in Gods good name dont tell me that you think Honda make good cars too??? :mad: :whocares:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 10:56
Haha, thanks, couldnt think of anything else that springs to mind.

Hey Honda, please in Gods good name dont tell me that you think Honda make good cars too??? :mad: :whocares:

:stupid: Honda couldnt make a good car to save themselves, but then againn nor can Ford :Offtopic: :bleh: :bash:

Sniper
13th November 2004, 12:58
:stupid: Honda couldnt make a good car to save themselves, but then againn nor can Ford :Offtopic: :bleh: :bash:

Good call, although I find Fords cars just as shite as Holden :shake:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 13:17
Good call, although I find Fords cars just as shite as Holden :shake:

I'm buggered if I'd autually own a Holden, I'm happy with my Surf, I'd like to see most other vechicles do what I do in it.
Ford is just: :sick: and :moon: (pity they don't do one dropping a turd!).

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 13:18
Scooter boy my :moon:

Sniper
13th November 2004, 14:40
Scooter boy my :moon:

Im still stuck there too man. Dont worry, with time it shall pass, check out the thread explaining on how the ratings and things work, it helped me out :yes:

Sniper
13th November 2004, 14:41
I'm buggered if I'd autually own a Holden, I'm happy with my Surf, I'd like to see most other vechicles do what I do in it.
Ford is just: :sick: and :moon: (pity they don't do one dropping a turd!).

LOL, yea, Im not as into carts as I am into my bikes, cant fault a bike as much as you can a car :Punk:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 15:16
LOL, yea, Im not as into carts as I am into my bikes, cant fault a bike as much as you can a car :Punk:

Went to a classic bike show, saw a friend who had not seen me for over 10 years. I used to be rough as guts and a deckhand (riding Honda of course). He was so impressed that I'd become a RN that he let me take his Harley for a spin!! Found it much like my Hilux Surf. Comfortable on the straights and hadling like a pig around the courner. Then he wonders why I prefer Honda?!? Needless to say he did not take me up on the offer for a spin on the CB :2thumbsup might have been a bit much eh? :rockon:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 18:53
Went to a classic bike show, saw a friend who had not seen me for over 10 years. I used to be rough as guts and a deckhand (riding Honda of course). He was so impressed that I'd become a RN that he let me take his Harley for a spin!! Found it much like my Hilux Surf. Comfortable on the straights and hadling like a pig around the courner. Then he wonders why I prefer Honda?!? Needless to say he did not take me up on the offer for a spin on the CB :2thumbsup might have been a bit much eh? :rockon:

Can't understand it really as its a nice bike and handles so much better than all the other 1970ish bikes I've owned in the past... :rockon: :moon: :scooter: :2thumbsup :Pokey: :devil2:

dangerous
13th November 2004, 19:49
Excuse my ignorance but what is an R/R ?

Camchains ???? Gears are the way to go aren't they or do they have inherent problems also ?

Which bikes have V-Tec ? I thought it was only the cars.

Deano, Deano, Deano you call your self a Honda rider..... lets see then

R/R = Regulator?Rectafier

Gear Drive... you got em what ya reckon, ohh and no problems that I know of.

V-Tec.... The VFR from 02 on have this set up, but its not like the cars which jump cam.... the VFR only operates 2 out of 4 valves per cyl till 7,000rpm (for more down low grunt) then the other 2 valves fire up (giving more power at higher revs)

marty
13th November 2004, 19:58
Then he wonders why I prefer Honda?!? Needless to say he did not take me up on the offer for a spin on the CB :2thumbsup might have been a bit much eh? :rockon:

i can just see it 'harley rider falls off 400cc honda while laughing'. he would surely win the darwin award for that effort at his next HOG committee meeting

soundbeltfarm
13th November 2004, 20:55
personally i couldnt give two shits what i ride.
beggars cant be choosers
my old girl carries me o.k got her for 3g 3 yr ago and hasnt missed a beat.
im a crap rider so dont give her to many assholes.
what octane fuel should i run .
i just put 96 if im at a servo or if i fill up at the farm its 91 and i cant notice any difference. its a import 1986 suzi gsxr 750.

jase
13th November 2004, 21:21
I'm happy with my bird.

Deano
13th November 2004, 21:57
Deano, Deano, Deano you call your self a Honda rider..... lets see then

R/R = Regulator?Rectafier

Gear Drive... you got em what ya reckon, ohh and no problems that I know of.

I wouldn't say Im that mechanically minded, (know some basics) - I just ride em.

Gear drive sounds great and no problems that Im aware of.

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 22:11
i can just see it 'harley rider falls off 400cc honda while laughing'. he would surely win the darwin award for that effort at his next HOG committee meeting

A harley rider would probably piss em self at the thought of actually leaning a bike right over to get around a courner quickly. Each to their own, but in my mere opinion, the harley is too over rated.
:Oi: :Oi: :Oi:
"On the 7th day God created the Harley and on the eight He traded it for something lighter and faster!!" :2thumbsup

Joni
13th November 2004, 22:17
I'm happy with my bird.

As you should be.... really nice bike!!! :niceone:

inlinefour
13th November 2004, 22:25
As you should be.... really nice bike!!! :niceone:

Cheers Joni, not as quick as yours. But I'm over the need for speed (well almost!) :brick:

dangerous
13th November 2004, 22:53
Cheers Joni, not as quick as yours. But I'm over the need for speed (well almost!) :brick:
ummm... Joni we are talking bout the Blackbird arnt we?
and welcome to KB Jase

Joni
13th November 2004, 23:00
ummm... Joni we are talking bout the Blackbird arnt we?
and welcome to KB Jase

Yeah we were.... I was just being polite.

Strange for a girl to say, but Im a big blackbird fan.... a friend of mine bought one, I rode it & loved it.... wish I was taller and the damn thing was not so heavy... someone told me abour 270kg's dont know how true it is, hey let me look that up in fact, always wondered...

Joni
13th November 2004, 23:17
Yup a heavy bugga.... dry weight 223kg's.... how much would it be with all the liquids in? :rolleyes:

NC
14th November 2004, 04:58
Yup a heavy bugga.... dry weight 223kg's.... how much would it be with all the liquids in? :rolleyes:Quarter of a tonne :Pokey:

:laugh:

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 08:03
Yeah we were.... I was just being polite.

Strange for a girl to say, but Im a big blackbird fan.... a friend of mine bought one, I rode it & loved it.... wish I was taller and the damn thing was not so heavy... someone told me abour 270kg's dont know how true it is, hey let me look that up in fact, always wondered...

I thought a VFR NC30 was pretty light and easy to throw around, my have been the adrenaline of snotting it? Oh I see now with the help of google, they are two different bikes, the NC30 & the NC30 Blackbird. I rode the straight NC30, what a rush! The Interceptor was better, but thats another story :done: :whocares:
Like I said its quicker than my CB, or should be. Does weigh more apparently.
Honda CB400SF 1992
"Super Four"
Engine
Type: 4 cylinder DOHC. In-line liquid cooled 4 valves per cylinder(NC23E)
Capacity: 399cc
Bore x Stroke: 55mm x 42mm
Transmission: six speed with chain final drive
Exhaust System: 4 into 1
Performance
Power Output: 52 BHP / 11000rpm
Torque: 30ft.lb. (4kgm) @ 9500 rpm
Top Speed: 105 mph (restrictor fitted)
Fuel Consumption: 45-55mpg
Rolling Chassis
Frame Type: Tubular steel cradle frame(NC31)
Front Tyre: 110/70/ x 17
Rear Tyre: 140/70/ x 17
Front Brakes: 2 x 298mm discs, twin piston calipers
Rear Brake: 1 x 220mm disc
Front Suspension: 41mm telescopic forks
Rear Suspension: Twin Showa remote reservoir shocks with 5 step preload adjustment
Dimensions & Capacities
Dry Weight: 173Kg. / 381 lbs.
Kerb Weight: 188Kg / 414.5 lbs
Fuel capacity: 15 litre + 2 litre Reserve
Seat Height: 760 mm
Wheelbase: 1,415 mm
Length: 2,050 mm
Width: 725 mm
Height: 1,070 mm
Ground Clearance: 130 mm
:calm: Still would expect an NC30 to go quicker, or is it just me? :argh:

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 08:21
Make Honda
Year 1989 - 1993
Model VFR 400R NC30
Engine V4, 4 stroke
Displacement 398 cc
Bore/Stroke -
Compression -
Top speed 230km/h
Torque 4.0kgm @ 10,000rpm
Horsepower 59 hp @ 12,500rpm
Ignition -
Weight 164 kg
Fuel system -
Gearbox 6 speed
Frame -
Clutch -
Suspension travel (f.) -
Suspension travel (r.) -
Front brakes -
Front brakes (dim.) -
Rear brakes -
Rear brakes (dim.) -
Front tyre (dim.) 120/60 ZR 17
Rear tyre (dim.) 150/60 ZR18
Fuel tank capacity -
Reserve tank -
Seat height -
Wheelbase 1,345 mm.
Width 705 mm.
Height 1,075 mm.
Length 1,985 mm.

Can't find the specs for the Blackbird. Joni have you got a manual for it? :eek5:

Joni
14th November 2004, 09:32
Dude I have a nice write up, done when the Hayabusa "took over" as the fastest bike round... it was done a couple of years ago, with specs of both bikes... will find it for ya and show ya your NC30 is gonna be left cold with these 2 boys!

Phenominal bike that blackbird....

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 09:59
Dude I have a nice write up, done when the Hayabusa "took over" as the fastest bike round... it was done a couple of years ago, with specs of both bikes... will find it for ya and show ya your NC30 is gonna be left cold with these 2 boys!

Thats like comparing a Ducati to a Britten... :thud:

avgas
14th November 2004, 10:05
No I used to hate hondas to be honest. Then i got a GB - man those bikes were underated, if you rid it of the shit suspension and exhaust. Change the cam. And run it on avgas - of course :sunny:
They fly round town faster than most bikes.
If they had a 6th gear they would be the most universal bikes. Mine would beg me to change gear while sitting at 160ks on the open road.
New CBR600/1000s look good though. But im still not a honda fan - all the new ones sound like powerdrills (even the cruisers).
Often theyre cams are louder than the pipes.
I acutally found suzys to be more reliable too
But dont listen to me cos im a fussy prick :doctor: :whocares:

RiderInBlack
14th November 2004, 10:06
Welcome Honda. Lots of Trolls here, shit stiring is is common practice:innocent:

On a serious note, I love all of the bikes I've owned so far (OK big deal, only four so far). Was hooked on Suzuki (1980 GSX250 and "Little Black Beauty" the 1991 GSXR250, which was a bloody good little bike) until I owned my first Honda. Still miss "Veronnica" the 1991 VFR750. F*cken good allround road bike. Has taken some time to get used to "Roxanne" the CBR1000FL (my pressent bike), but she is just the bomb for touring and two-up:2thumbsup

avgas
14th November 2004, 10:11

specs arent worth shit against the people riding it, and how its ridden - otherwise everyone would bow down to the munch mammut, and the Rocket III. Let alone the holeshot busa. I remember a guy at paeroa 1 year pissing over everone (including R1's etc) on a honda RS125

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 10:14
No I used to hate hondas to be honest. Then i got a GB - man those bikes were underated, if you rid it of the shit suspension and exhaust. Change the cam. And run it on avgas - of course :sunny:
They fly round town faster than most bikes.
If they had a 6th gear they would be the most universal bikes. Mine would beg me to change gear while sitting at 160ks on the open road.
New CBR600/1000s look good though. But im still not a honda fan - all the new ones sound like powerdrills (even the cruisers).
Often theyre cams are louder than the pipes.
But dont listen to me cos im a fussy prick :doctor: :whocares:

I'd rather be a fussy prick than a sheep within the flock. :2thumbsup

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 10:21
I'm the same, like most bikes, just prefer Honda and had much more of them. In NP Kawasaki and Suzuki charged hideous prices for parts, them gone. My RD250 never broke down and once Ash made a welcomed exit Honda parts where cheap as. Maybe I should have named this thread "If its a Honda, I'll own it!" As I'm more than happy to ride others, but dunno about riding another HD :moon:

Joni
14th November 2004, 10:27
specs arent worth shit against the people riding it, and how its ridden - otherwise everyone would bow down to the munch mammut, and the Rocket III. Let alone the holeshot busa. I remember a guy at paeroa 1 year pissing over everone (including R1's etc) on a honda RS125

I agree with you... but if a professional shoot out is done with world class riders... its in a different class to some guy on a 125 @ paeroa.... and it makes for interesting reading. :wacko:

Although this one is a very ummm interesting statement for me...

But as I say each man to himself, right?

:shake:

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 10:30
I found a 1998 CB1 workshop manual along with the service and owneres manual on PDF format while doing night shift. I downloaded em as the engine apparently is the same as the CB400SF. If anyone would like a copy for their own usage, feel free to ask. :2thumbsup

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 10:35
I agree with you... but if a professional shoot out is done with world class riders... its in a different class to some guy on a 125 @ paeroa.... and it makes for interesting reading. :wacko:

Reckon you hit the nail right on the head with that last statement. :third:

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 10:40

Gotta agree with that last comment. Everyone just have to accept that others views differ @ times...

Paul in NZ
14th November 2004, 10:47

And you are doing this non sheep thing by riding a Honda?

Um...

Nah! Never mind...

Paul N

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 11:29
And you are doing this non sheep thing by riding a Honda?

Um...

Nah! Never mind...

Paul N

Got family with HD, Ducati, Yamaha, etc etc :puke:

Then there is the family who want me off the bike altother :finger:

I've got a wee collection of Honda now :scooter:

Its what I like and what I ride, by myself if need be... :spudwhat:

Paul in NZ
14th November 2004, 11:41
Its what I like and what I ride, by myself if need be... :spudwhat:

Nah! You'll be right. Apparently you meet the nicest people on them....

inlinefour
14th November 2004, 12:33
Nah! You'll be right. Apparently you meet the nicest people on them....

You have seen that advert also?

Sniper
15th November 2004, 07:27

You want to do what with your prick and a sheep?? :laugh: :laugh:

You better be careful, I hear New Zealanders are getting a bad rap for sheep shagging, you arnt helping by saying comments like that. :laugh: :laugh:

:whistle: :whistle:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 08:04
You want to do what with your prick and a sheep?? :laugh: :laugh:

You better be careful, I hear New Zealanders are getting a bad rap for sheep shagging, you arnt helping by saying comments like that. :laugh: :laugh:

:whistle: :whistle:

I'm not an Australian, I don't do that with sheep at all... :doh:

Sniper
15th November 2004, 08:26
I'm not an Australian, I don't do that with sheep at all... :doh:

Good call, :scooter:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 09:28
:2thumbsup :first:

This will look great in anyones' collection!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-18552266.htm

:disapint: wish it was mine...

Dodgyiti
15th November 2004, 09:29
[

Rideability? Generally most magazines rate the Hondas as most rideable, or easiest to live with in the real world, but that's because they aim for not being too "out there" (i.e., most conservative of the bike manufacturers). "Out there" exceptions such as the Rune, and NAS were designed outside of Japan. There biggest "out there" bike, the NR, was an expensive exercise, but had some spin-offs in the VFRs, the Blackbird, etc.[/QUOTE]

Ya forgot sound
Sound; big twins woof woof :whistle:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 10:03
[

Rideability? Generally most magazines rate the Hondas as most rideable, or easiest to live with in the real world, but that's because they aim for not being too "out there" (i.e., most conservative of the bike manufacturers). "Out there" exceptions such as the Rune, and NAS were designed outside of Japan. There biggest "out there" bike, the NR, was an expensive exercise, but had some spin-offs in the VFRs, the Blackbird, etc.

Ya forgot sound
Sound; big twins woof woof :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Ya lost me thare...

Sniper
15th November 2004, 10:24
Ya forgot sound
Sound; big twins woof woof :whistle: Ya lost me thare...

Funny that?? :msn-wink:

What he means is the sound of a big twin cylinder. Hmmmmm, cant beat it :niceone:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 12:01

What he means is the sound of a big twin cylinder. Hmmmmm, cant beat it :niceone:

I actually prefer the sound of my inline 4 cylinder :niceone:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 12:04
L plate rider ha.
Gee, thats gotta suck! :bleh:

Welcome along. Hope to see you round sometime.
Racey. :cool:

Heck i never want to make excuse maker!! Must live at the computer and not actually do any riding? :crybaby: :baby: :Playnice:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 12:13
A Taranaki boy who rides Hondas? I guess one out of two is OK.

This Kawasaki looks like mine except for the obvious differences :calm:

Sniper
15th November 2004, 13:59
Heck i never want to make excuse maker!! Must live at the computer and not actually do any riding? :crybaby: :baby: :Playnice:

Can someone please translate this?? I have no idea what he just said? :blink: :argh: :laugh:

inlinefour
15th November 2004, 15:16
Can someone please translate this?? I have no idea what he just said? :blink: :argh: :laugh:

Someone who posted in this thread has "excuse maker" under his name instead of scooter boy etc etc. I see once Ive been here a while I can do the same :whocares:

FROSTY
15th November 2004, 16:01
I must say the only 2 bikes I've owned that have left me stranded were both HONDA -hmmm -a vfr700/750 -late one night on the back road of Taupo just slowly ground to a halt with orange headlight bulbs.
Yep the deadly reg rec prob bit me -ONe totally fried up battery.
Wasn't all bad -I got picked up by a hippy type lady and we shareda bottle of vino or two ... Hmm actually -Bloody good timing Rhonda.
The other time was a cb360 -at Waiwera -Just joining the main road and the gearshift oil seal popped out dumping oil on the back tyre and me and my pillion on our asses -line of traffic heading our way
I felt sorry for one bloke --He was following too close to the guy in front -and the 2 guys behind were too close too-he ended up as a car sandwhich.--In a brand new 150000 merc .
hang on though -that girlfreind dumped me that night cos bikes were too scarey-Hmm and I was looking for an excuse to get rid of her too.
:devil2:

jase
15th November 2004, 16:36
Thanks Joni,

My bird weights in at 227kg ish.

dangerous
15th November 2004, 17:21
:2thumbsup

I actually prefer the sound of my inline 4 cylinder :niceone:
but 4cyl's belong in cars...... how many times do I have to sy this :shake:

RiderInBlack
15th November 2004, 20:09
Thanks Joni,

My bird weights in at 227kg ish.Shit thats lighter than "Roxanne" @ 230Kg+ Dry (UK model, US is 246Kg).

spudchucka
15th November 2004, 20:53
Its probably just me and my suspicious mind but I can't help thinking that Mr Honda bares a striking resemblance to our old friend Sk8r_boi. :whistle:

OK, if its a false accusation I'll skull!

inlinefour
16th November 2004, 08:52
:2thumbsup

but 4cyl's belong in cars...... how many times do I have to sy this :shake:

Maybe some do, but I'll have one in my bike thanks all the same :killingme

inlinefour
16th November 2004, 08:55
[QUOTE=spudchucka]Its probably just me and my suspicious mind but I can't help thinking that Mr Honda bares a striking resemblance to our old friend Sk8r_boi. :whistle:

You may have your paranoia, or what ever it is. But I have never been to this web site before registering as Honda. :whocares: :thud: :ar15:

vifferman
16th November 2004, 09:30
Ya forgot sound
Sound; big twins woof woof :whistle:Yeah - you're right. But that's subjective.
However, I really like the sound of a big twin (particularly 90 degree), a V-four, or a triple. All with aftermarket mufflers, of course.
And of these, I reckon a 996/998 with Termignonis, and a VFR800 with a Micron sound the best. But I'll have to settle for a 2K1 VFR800 with a high-mount Staintune, the spud removed, just coming on the cam. Spine-tingling stuff, that is. :niceone:

Sniper
16th November 2004, 10:47
Yeah - you're right. But that's subjective.
However, I really like the sound of a big twin (particularly 90 degree), a V-four, or a triple. All with aftermarket mufflers, of course.
And of these, I reckon a 996/998 with Termignonis, and a VFR800 with a Micron sound the best. But I'll have to settle for a 2K1 VFR800 with a high-mount Staintune, the spud removed, just coming on the cam. Spine-tingling stuff, that is. :niceone:

Hmmm , the good stuff dreams are made of. :apint: :cool: :spudbooge

FROSTY
16th November 2004, 11:03
. But I'll have to settle for a 2K1 VFR800 with a high-mount Staintune, the spud removed, just coming on the cam. Spine-tingling stuff, that is. :niceone:
Mate tell me what the heck ya mean about the spud removed--The mental image aint very nice lol

inlinefour
18th November 2004, 09:12
Mate tell me what the heck ya mean about the spud removed--The mental image aint very nice lol

Sounds like someone without anything better to do. I'm off for a ride before it starts raining again...

inlinefour
18th November 2004, 09:20

Sounds like someone without anything better to do. I'm off for a ride before it starts raining again...

dangerous
18th November 2004, 17:14
well 'spud' is a interesting name to call it check this out it should answer the question.
http://http://www.staintune.com.au/images/stntnrestrictor250.jpg

damn silly red 'x' again...... ok then heres the link http://www.staintune.com.au/faq4.htm

dangerous
18th November 2004, 20:41
found this... love it reguards too my we delemer above.

inlinefour
20th November 2004, 19:57
I got to sit on the NEW Fireblade! What an awesome bike!!!! I love it, well apart from the 22K price tag. Well I guess I might as well buy a lotto ticket. :msn-wink:

Sniper
25th November 2004, 10:33
I got to sit on the NEW Fireblade! What an awesome bike!!!! I love it, well apart from the 22K price tag. Well I guess I might as well buy a lotto ticket. :msn-wink:

Cough cough, you got to sit on one? How long till the anager kicked you off?? :msn-wink: :laugh:

inlinefour
25th November 2004, 15:12
Cough cough, you got to sit on one? How long till the anager kicked you off?? :msn-wink: :laugh:

He did tell me why I should buy the bike however. :brick:

inlinefour
30th November 2004, 14:55
interesting comments, knew I'd get some bites, trolling works well here. I'll settle down and cruise now. :scooter:

Sniper
2nd December 2004, 07:44
Smart arse :)

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 09:04
Smart arse :)

Must be why the little red thingee says I've got "some shameless behaviour in the past", but hey we all have even if we dont wanna admit it. :Punk: