PDA

View Full Version : What Grinds My Gears. Issue 2

James Deuce
16th January 2008, 18:35
I bought the Katana to make sure that my pride and joy (the Zed, you ignoramuses!) didn't get battered to death, or worse stolen from outside work.

It doesn't make it any easier when you ride your bike home and wonder why it's running like a GSX250 (you know, the twin cylinder version from about 1980) only to find that the two outer airbox rubbers have been dislodged and that there's a new scratch on the right hand engine cover and bar end. The carefully repaired fairing pin is broken again. Sorry crazefox.

It's been on its side.

The airbox rubber clamp on the right hand side is a bit bent. Makes holding the rubber on the carb a bit difficult.

This is made all the worse by the fact that I'd finally lined up all the holes in the cheese to do an oil and filter change tonight. I was kind of excited. Instead I've wrestled the rubbers and airbox into submission, mounted them on the carbs again, even with a slightly skew whiff clamp (it doesn't appear to be leaking) then I did the oil change. It fell off one of the jack stands because I tripped over the cat - not that cat's fault, he's starved for affection - knocked the bike and nearly fell over the top of it. No damage done thankfully.

But you know what REALLY grinds my gears? Floppy limbed, algae brained, monkey faced (complete with vestigial tail carefully tucked between the legs), halitosis sufferers with absolutely no moral compass who insist on their right to break other people's stuff and not even leave a "sorry" taped to the windscreen. May their knobs rot and drop off, their children all become transsexual dominatrix, and their mother-inlaw elope with their father. I hope they all end up living in Gay Old Gore. In a caravan. Next to a railway track. And an open cast mine.

madandy
16th January 2008, 18:42
Oh no!
Did this happen at the Jim2 Memorial Park? If so you may need to install CCTV equipment.

ElCoyote
16th January 2008, 18:43
I bought the Katana to make sure that my pride and joy (the Zed, you ignoramuses!) didn't get battered to death, or worse stolen from outside work.

It doesn't make it any easier when you ride your bike home and wonder why it's running like a GSX250 (you know, the twin cylinder version from about 1980) only to find that the two outer airbox rubbers have been dislodged and that there's a new scratch on the right hand engine cover and bar end. The carefully repaired fairing pin is broken again. Sorry crazefox.

It's been on its side.

The airbox rubber clamp on the right hand side is a bit bent. Makes holding the rubber on the carb a bit difficult.

This is made all the worse by the fact that I'd finally lined up all the holes in the cheese to do an oil and filter change tonight. I was kind of excited. Instead I've wrestled the rubbers and airbox into submission, mounted them on the carbs again, even with a slightly skew whiff clamp (it doesn't appear to be leaking) then I did the oil change. It fell off one of the jack stands because I tripped over the cat - not that cat's fault, he's starved for affection - knocked the bike and nearly fell over the top of it. No damage done thankfully.

But you know what REALLY grinds my gears? Floppy limbed, algae brained, monkey faced (complete with vestigial tail carefully tucked between the legs), halitosis sufferers with absolutely no moral compass who insist on their right to break other people's stuff and not even leave a "sorry" taped to the windscreen. May their knobs rot and drop off, their children all become transsexual dominatrix, and their mother-inlaw elope with their father. I hope they all end up living in Gay Old Gore. In a caravan. Next to a railway track. And an open cast mine.

Amen +1 Did you forget the overheating nuclear plant

yungatart
16th January 2008, 18:47
Nasty horrible people who have no respect for the possessions of others.
Chop their knackers off, I say!

McJim
16th January 2008, 18:49
What's wrong with transsexual dominatrices? :rofl:

Number One
16th January 2008, 19:02
Floppy limbed, algae brained, monkey faced (complete with vestigial tail carefully tucked between the legs), halitosis sufferers with absolutely no moral compass who insist on their right to break other people's stuff and not even leave a "sorry" taped to the windscreen. May their knobs rot and drop off, their children all become transsexual dominatrix, and their mother-inlaw elope with their father. I hope they all end up living in Gay Old Gore. In a caravan. Next to a railway track. And an open cast mine.

Too right!

One of these individuals clearly tried to 'shift' my erm cool Spada by wrestling with the number plate.

They did very kindly rest it on my seat after they'd torn it off however :Oi: Here here, to rotting knobs and open cast mines I say!

MSTRS
16th January 2008, 19:45
Bastidges!! No respect. No mercy, either, should you id the offender(s).
Sorry to hear your beautiful little kat is slightly shabby

flyen
16th January 2008, 20:02
The biggest piss off is that the sort of person who does it is telling all there mates down at the pub that they smashed up a bike. may they meet a very painful end.

James Deuce
16th January 2008, 20:16
All back together, running beautifully. It has responded well to the Spectro stuff, which is truly golden, messing about with the big giant airbox and re-seating rubbers has fixed the flat spot at 8000rpm, and I finally have the front and the rear working together after twirling C-Spanners and brandishing measuring tapes.

Gears are still quietly grinding in the background though.

Katman
16th January 2008, 20:21

Might I suggest a couple of banana skins?

Number One
16th January 2008, 20:27

best you give em some grease then...:apint:

Clivoris
16th January 2008, 20:52
Maaate:crybaby: Lucky it wasn't the Zed.

James Deuce
16th January 2008, 21:00
Might I suggest a couple of banana skins?

I would take you up on that suggestion but neither the Kat nor I have a diff.

RantyDave
17th January 2008, 06:57
I bought the Katana to make sure that my pride and joy didn't get battered to death ... It's been on its side.
Dear me, you really do need to be more positive. YOUR PLAN WORKED! When it became time for an individual of dubious parentage to dump your bike on it's side (or pick it up after something/someone else dumped it for you), it was the Kat that took one for the team rather than the Zed.

Better still, all the time you had the Zed parked outside work this terrible fate had not befallen it - although didn't someone do something retarded like steal a single bolt from the fairing?

Be happy :) *Then* buy an absolutely obscene shitter and make it EXPLODE when it falls over, solving the retarded bike dropper problem once and for all.

Dave

Okey Dokey
17th January 2008, 07:35
Bikes seem so much more vulnerable to being interfered with than cars, don't they? People want to pose on them, move them around, etc. It is outrageous! They'd never think of doing that to some ones car. I think there does seem to be a general decline in the respect people have for other's property (yes, another rant, declining standards in society, blah, blah)

But, I'm glad it was your sacrificial bike that took the hit, not your pride and joy.

vifferman
17th January 2008, 07:42
Dear me, you really do need to be more positive. YOUR PLAN WORKED!
The CrazyRantingDaveOfRantiness is right! Correct too!
Your plan has worked - the Katanabanana has been skeeert into submission, and no longer has the 8K FlatSpotOfWilfulDisobedience!
Yay!:niceone:

xwhatsit
17th January 2008, 08:29
I don't know, he's put a hell of a lot of hard work into making that little 400 shine. The big Kawa may be more valuable, but personally I'd probably be more upset if the 400 was harmed.

I've been waiting for Issue 2 eagerly.

Katman
17th January 2008, 08:55
I don't know, he's put a hell of a lot of hard work into making that little 400 shine. The big Kawa may be more valuable, but personally I'd probably be more upset if the 400 was harmed.

I've been waiting for Issue 2 eagerly.

Yeah, I think Jim's got his priorities all screwed.:msn-wink:

Fatjim
17th January 2008, 10:26
I want to know how your gears can grind when you obvoisly have no teeth left.

Swoop
17th January 2008, 12:06
People want to pose on them, move them around, etc. It is outrageous! They'd never think of doing that to some ones car.
An interesting point. I wonder what the reaction would be if we went around sitting on the roof (whilst in full leathers and helmet, of course) of some cagers pride-and-joy, blinged-up, p.o.s. when it is parked somewhere?

Exactly what I had been thunking.

sels1
17th January 2008, 12:20
But you know what REALLY grinds my gears? .

Maybe its a revenge hit, Jim. Offended anyone lately?
(or should that be 'offended anyone new?'):lol:

90s
17th January 2008, 12:53
May their knobs rot and drop off, their children all become transsexual dominatrix, and their mother-inlaw elope with their father. I hope they all end up living in Gay Old Gore. In a caravan. Next to a railway track. And an open cast mine.

and

Shit happens. How you deal with it speaks volumes about you. ... Revenge fantasies are for sickos.

Revenge fantasies for sickos indeed eh Jim? :stupid:

James Deuce
17th January 2008, 13:03
and

Revenge fantasies for sickos indeed eh Jim? :stupid:

I've never claimed that I was anything other than a sicko.

Pussy
17th January 2008, 14:25
An interesting point. I wonder what the reaction would be if we went around sitting on the roof (whilst in full leathers and helmet, of course) of some cagers pride-and-joy, blinged-up, p.o.s. when it is parked somewhere?

Exactly what I had been thunking.

Similar thing happened to me.... a pillock and his family thought it was okay to jump up on the wing of my aircraft and open the canopy, so I stood on the bumper of his car and made it look like I was going to stand on the bonnet. He was most indignant, especially when I reminded him that if it's alright to stand on someone else's million bucks worth of aeroplane, I didn't think he'd mind if I stood on 20 grands worth of car. He promptly shot the gap muttering......

90s
17th January 2008, 19:11
I've never claimed that I was anything other than a sicko.

One of us ... one of us