PDA

View Full Version : BADD trailer's first outing

Genestho
17th January 2008, 18:16
Hiyas

Just letting everyone know that the BADD Trailer is about to be unleashed on the innocents next weekend at Woodville Moto-X.

Fantastic job done by the following Palmerston North Companies:

Many Thanks to:
The BADD Build Team
TWL - Transport and Engineering supplies
John Bates
Gary Douglas Engineering
James Kingspear
CaptureSigns
Steel Fabrication 2006 Ltd
Advanced Panel Beaters
Etech
Ruapehu Motorcycle club
Kopane Transport
Jolly n Mills
Kevin Bartlett Concrete Services
Maskill Contracting Ltd
Thanks in advance to Neil Ritchie and MOMCC

You've done Leon, Si and Toni Proud.

"Patience make her heart grow stronger
Reassure her she’s where I want to be
Never was the grass ever greener
I’m about ready as I’ll ever be"
OpShop - One Day

Drum
17th January 2008, 18:18
Good effort, good cause. All the best with that.

Genestho
17th January 2008, 18:19
Cheers Drum

crashe
17th January 2008, 19:00
Great cause, well done......

Have you got any pictures of the trailer all set up for when you travel around yet?????

Genestho
17th January 2008, 19:09
Ullo love, hows yer bike?

Yes I got some piccys of the trailer as of Xmas Eve, but she wouldve changed alot since then even.
Will add photos to my website on actual completion, many more logos to add to the trailer yet, Logos on it at the moment are the current build team.
Looks wicked.
I'll be picking her up from down that way in feb sometime (has to be after Paeroa of course!!), do a bit of an official media launch.
And i'll get some Badd reps to take some photos of Woodville for my website. Im also cultivating some "special" Tees to Auction off.
Will keep everyone posted..

crashe
17th January 2008, 19:14
Ullo love, hows yer bike?

Yes I got some piccys of the trailer as of Xmas Eve, but she wouldve changed alot since then even.
Will add photos to my website on actual completion, many more logos to add to the trailer yet, Logos on it at the moment are the current build team.
Looks wicked.
I'll be picking her up from down that way in feb sometime (has to be after Paeroa of course!!), do a bit of an official media launch.
And i'll get some Badd reps to take some photos of Woodville for my website. Im also cultivating some "special" Tees to Auction off.
Will keep everyone posted..

Bike is back up and running.......

Cool look forward to seeing the pictures......

All the best in Woodville, hope you get a great response back from everyone down that way.....

Genestho
17th January 2008, 19:20
Yay well done!!!

Yea thanks mate, Im sure the response will be amazing as it has been the whole way on this journey.
Its an uncomfortable darkness that the public have to get their heads around before catching on to the next stage.
Cheers Crashe

dangerous
17th January 2008, 19:32
tell me more about ya trailer?
i have followed the web site and you will know what the Guzzi STI people are like, so I... ahh hell you know, so whats the deal with the trailer anyway... and look after ya self now ok, if ever down this way be sure to let us know and we will show you about.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 00:28
The trailer has two guzzi's permanently mounted, showing the effects of a 222km impact.
This is to show you the consequences of drinking and driving but also to highlight the systematic flaws that continue to recycle recidivist drunk drivers onto our roads, to drive two tonne lethal weapons with total disregard, the same flaws that allowed the deaths of three innocents, (and so many more) the fucked up future of 7 children, and so on.
This trailer will go to motorcycling events and eventually schools when I have the nuts to speak in front of a mob of school children.
I want to have a power point presentation to speak on my behalf, I know how I want it to look.
I wont be committing myself to speak while still grieving heavily.
The sign I have created to go with the trailer shows a few alarming stats, as well as photos and quickfacts of the accident, sources inclusive.
At the end of the day its for every person that views this to make the right decisions when having a drink or 5.
30,000 people last year were caught drunk driving, 1/3 are recidivists (2 or more convictions)we share our roads with 10.000; 2 or more convicted drunk drivers that dont care.
Its also a tool that will be instrumental in election year.

dangerous
18th January 2008, 05:13
awesome idea, and having seen the state of the Guzzi's you are damn strong to keep them around reminding you of there last ride.
But it was the drunk in the cars fault these people died, so going to bike events is just a reminder to the likes of us whom generaly behave, how about malls and car events? I aplord what you are doing, very brave indead.

chanceyy
18th January 2008, 06:00
awesome idea, and having seen the state of the Guzzi's you are damn strong to keep them around reminding you of there last ride.
But it was the drunk in the cars fault these people died, so going to bike events is just a reminder to the likes of us whom generaly behave, how about malls and car events? I aplord what you are doing, very brave indead.

I also applaud what your doing .. also echo dangerous thoughts about places to take the trailer, speedway is ideal, definate car events like drag races swap meets etc any high profile events where joe public is gonna be & sometimes the younger the better however recidivist's are generally a wee bit older, but nuffing wrong with getting the message out to those boy racers as well .. oh yeah look at the local A&P shows each yr as well any kinda festival..

ynot slow
18th January 2008, 06:40
Also try the local bowling clubs,shit knows how many of the real old codgers drink and drive.Gotta put my hand up as a dic culprit,back in 2000,learnt my lesson,is only disq in 30 yrs driving,never to old to learn.Agree with the bike activities,myself have 1 beer max on bike,mostly coke or juice,but at least it is putting the result out there if you get pissed,you have 2 choices,drive-don't drive cosequenses are these,food for thought for people out and about.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 09:20
Im just going where Im well recieved at this point and where the support is and has been, I'll keep my options open and will see what comes accross my path, Woodville is the place where the supporters will be and so get to see their donation as a working entity.
Cheers, its not easy looking at these bikes, especially knowing Leon had had his 10 years from new, saved up and bought it, loved every minute of it, and that was his escape from our hectic house and his hectic job.
But damn it people need to see the carnage caused by stupidity.
It wasnt just a moment of stupidity, it was a history of stupidity and a system thats failed and recycled this man out over and over again, only to kill. He was a time bomb waiting to happen. And theres more of them out there.

Thanks for your honesty Ynot.

I also have a past DIC from young and stupid days - no dinner- too much work, not enough sleep and 2 quickly drunk Jim Beam rtd bourbons, before hitting the road.
Driving my silly as a drunk chook man home and his friend who were both hammered. (It was a Jim Beam promo night at the bar I worked and there were hot Jim Beam girls there and the boys were having a whale of a time!!)

I thought i was "fine", not according to the breathiliser (spelling?)

Six months loss, hundred hours community work. I was damn lucky for many reasons that thats as bad as it got.
Boy did I learn a hard lesson and I felt alot of shame and embarrassment. That was enough for me to never go down that road again, to make wise decisions before I even went out the door for the night, to think of what I had to loose instead of being lumped with a boozey brain trying to make decisions at the end of a night.

We're human, we make mistakes based on a wrong decision and/or the variables that dont enable our metabolism to process the alcohol properly.
And then we learn our lessons (well...most of us) move on and growup.
I do not stand in judgement of alcohol, I dont stand in judgement of genuine people making genuine mistakes.
Im not a born again saint just because my husband has been killed.
Its the stats I found alarming that have also spurred me on..
I stand in judgement of the flawed system that allows recidivists out, the likes of people with ridiculous amounts of dd convictions.
There was a systematic failing chain of events that couldve saved three lives in this case, and Im on it.
Most of you will be wondering why Ive just confessed..whats the worse that can happen.
It already has.

McDuck
18th January 2008, 19:21
Are there any pics of the bikes around? I know they are baddly smashed up but i have not seen them. Fully support your cause BTW, when you make a tshirt big enough for me i will wear it :)

dangerous
18th January 2008, 19:35
Are there any pics of the bikes around? I know they are baddly smashed up but i have not seen them. Fully support your cause BTW, when you make a tshirt big enough for me i will wear it :)

ummm.. your sig is the web site of bbad, the pics are all ther :sweatdrop

98tls
18th January 2008, 19:47
Amazing girl,good for you and keep at it ehI to have done the drink driving thing in the past and thank god i didnt hurt anyone before learning my lesson.Much respect to you.

ynot slow
18th January 2008, 19:49
Six months loss, hundred hours community work. I was damn lucky for many reasons that thats as bad as it got.
Boy did I learn a hard lesson and I felt alot of shame and embarrassment. We're human, we make mistakes based on a wrong decision and/or the variables that dont enable our metabolism to process the alcohol properly.
And then we learn our lessons (well...most of us) move on and growup.
I do not stand in judgement of alcohol, I dont stand in judgement of genuine people making genuine mistakes.
Im not a born again saint just because my husband has been killed.
Its the stats I found alarming that have also spurred me on..
I stand in judgement of the flawed system that allows recidivists out, the likes of people with ridiculous amounts of dd convictions.
There was a systematic failing chain of events that couldve saved three lives in this case, and Im on it.
Most of you will be wondering why Ive just confessed..whats the worse that can happen.
It already has.

We are all human,faults and all,but some do learn by mistakes,when going back to police station,I thanked the cops,was living on a state highway and said I'd hate to take out a milk tanker or kill someone,the cops said at least you acknowledge the risks you took driving.The embarrasement was more telling the boss what had happened,then having him accompany me to court for work license a month later,plus the hassle of work prior to getting license.At work we had similar situation with 2 guys,both noobies and both lost licenses for wheelies etc,within 7 days of each other.My worry is my 40 demerits lol,due to expire next May.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 21:36

Lol yea check the "facts" page love..heee, I know theres alot of stuff on there, Ill let ya off the hook.
I do have 2Xl's theyre pretty darn big

candor
18th January 2008, 21:48
But damn it people need to see the carnage caused by stupidity.
It wasnt just a moment of stupidity, it was a history of stupidity and a system thats failed and recycled this man out over and over again, only to kill. He was a time bomb waiting to happen.

I also have a past DIC from young and stupid days -
Six months loss, hundred hours community work.

Hi Jos - have to reply to this...

What you did chancing being under is prolly something everyone has done once or more when young - think I would have but can recall no specific time, luckily you got caught and took the hint. I don't believe for a minute the second category - repeat offending - is a matter of offender or of system stupidity.

It is instead a matter of callous reckless disregard for both your own and others lives. Of putting yourself above the law for the offender - many recidivists of whom have perfectly normal or above average IQ's. And of the law seeing no need to offer protection to the public in the case of Courts.

Drunkenness does not remove the capacity to know right from wrong or legal from illegal. Or to chose doing right from wrong - not in my expeience anyway. It often just accentuates pre existing self centred tendencies I reckon. When we have evidence in the form of repeat DUI's of an offender who can remove their conscience at will we need to remove their licence.

But even worse than the offenders who can at least claim that alcoholism had something to do with their callous reckless choices, is the system or rather those presumably sobre movers and shakers in it. To me it and the judiciary owe us better value regarding efforts to stop reidivists. Hey its not like our typical soft core offence penalties succeed.

If REPEAT offenders are guilty of manslaughter or even premeditated gbh and murder is not the judiciary 100x more guilty for recycling totally unfit to drive types. Why do Kiwis especially the Judges who hold the power of life or death over us, have this attitude driving is a right. Recidivists lose it overseas and registered drug addicts can not be licensed in much of Europe for obvious reasons.

The quality of our law fraternity reflects the brain drain. I recently saw records of a law lecture in which a NZ lawyer was telling law students that impaired drivers can't be accused of violent offending and should not be heavily punished because should the worst happen "it's just an accident".

BS - if you don't realise a ton of metal is a weapon when the wheel is held by someone intoxicated you should not be issued a licence. Put that question on the written test then no-one can say they weren't told the consequence.

Our lawcourts need to stop treating repeat offenders like little babies with no conception of the worlds realities or responsibilities to society. It's not true. It promotes homicidal rampages - the Courts issue too many death sentences.

My mothers killer for example was before the courts many times for drink and drugged driving but these fruitcakes kept right on returning the antisocially disordered (a diagnosis that guarantees reoffending) creeps licence... and even more ingeniously sentenced him to traffic school for a spruce up of his sKILLS after a 3 car smash - 30 days before he killed her.

People were squarely to blame for the deaths you and friends experienced. Can't tell me the individuals working in the system with your offender did not know their assesments, sentencing methods and decisions were unsafe. He should never have been allowed to reapply for a licence unless he had proven himself STABLE for a period of YEARS. Food is necessary, shelter - driving not and it isn't inhumane to acknowledge that. Overseas it saves offenders/ vics.

These sorts of stories are a dime a dozen - recidivists kill as many as the official murder rate yearly. The only difference to those killings with knives or fists is that these predictable killings were almost always encouraged by a cheerleading judiciary and defence lawyer team who see road based violence as deserving of an amnesty.

And we wonder why we're in the top 3 countries for killing dependent minors in car crashes. The States answer - give 'em free kiddy car seats cos we already admitted defeat on impaired driving. Makes me laugh how the papers usualy show more outrage at a drunk who failed to strap their kids in than just at the fact they carted kids drunk. If they put their kids belts on that seems like even more evidence they had enough gray matter working to know they were driving unfit.

I reckon weekend markets, supermarkets and just random places would be a good way to use your trailer too. New World are community minded and could be worth approaching. Look forward to seeing it when you get it down this way.

McDuck
18th January 2008, 21:50
Only just found them. Fark.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 21:55
We are all human,faults and all,but some do learn by mistakes,when going back to police station,I thanked the cops,was living on a state highway and said I'd hate to take out a milk tanker or kill someone,the cops said at least you acknowledge the risks you took driving.The embarrasement was more telling the boss what had happened,then having him accompany me to court for work license a month later,plus the hassle of work prior to getting license.At work we had similar situation with 2 guys,both noobies and both lost licenses for wheelies etc,within 7 days of each other.My worry is my 40 demerits lol,due to expire next May.
Yea its pretty shameful eh when you go through it. And the thing is, is theres alot of people that have gone through the one off and learnt.

I think its hard for the average kiwis that like a beer after work to get his head around the fact we're told that for men its ok to have four std drinks in the first hour and then one per hour after that, and thats based on a healthy functioning liver.

But the factors involved that change the processing are as important as the alcohol consumed.

Tiredness (Mental and Physical)
Mental or Physical Health
Lack of Food
Body Frame

I would not assume that driving or riding after 4 beers, and the one per hour after that is a good thing to do, you'll be more than likely over the limit, of course even thats a tricky thing to say because everybodie's body is made up of different components..

So to all the good buggers that love a quiet and well earnt beer after work, remember the contributing factors and remember your liver processing time. Its all hand in hand and more important than is recognised and published.
I believe those details are never focused on enough especially the liver processing time when quoting alcohol limit guides.

Or just dont go there.
Organise your sober driver, dial a driver seems to cost the same as a taxi (Obviously you dont want DIC's riding your bikes home!!!)
Orrrrrrr carryon as usual - get caught - feel the shame, and hope like hell you dont cause a major. Is it worth it? It aint.
Thanks everyone for your support.

McDuck
18th January 2008, 22:07
I do have 2Xl's theyre pretty darn big

We have not met have we?

98tls
18th January 2008, 22:14
Out of respect to the Guzzi Widow and this thread after reading the last post i felt i should post this up to hell with the flak,years ago i did some time in the big house for repeat drink driving,not proud of it at all just telling the truth,i got there through a combination of being thick and the system not having the balls to make the punishment hard enough to make me learn,by the grace of god and some luck i never involved anyone else in my actions and theres not many days go buy even now that i dont thank god for that,to cut a long story short i firmly believe that to at least minimize the figures when your caught drink driving its straight to jail with no questions asked,no idea of the time frame but 3-6 months min would be a starting point.Loss of licence/pd/fines etc etc will not and doesnt work...as we see.To the average drink driver it only becomes serious when they A hit someone or B lose things that actually matter to them ie freedom/job/family etc.Fwiw these days i go well out of my way to make sure nobody in my social circle drinks/drives,have had the odd "just like an ex smoker comment" but dont give a shit.Drink driving is almost a disease.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 22:20
Candor
So many of those sentiments I agree and say wholeheartedly with you.
I cant be everywhere as I have two tiny and very important legacies from Leon, and they are whats important
Im starting to get a crew and trusting a little more with delegation and will keep options wide open

Yea Mcduck5n theyre a mess mate, makes me feel sick and angry.
I dont know how the hell Leon survived that. Wish he hadnt, wish he didnt have to suffer so horribly before dying.Wish he didnt see what he saw.
Again I say Im lucky we got to speak, which is more than most, not fair to die that way though.

I read the Shaun Harris writeup in the Sept Aus mag the other day of his accident at the Isle of Man, first time I could bring myself to read it as Shaun's injuries were similar to Leons, except Leon had a few more and I realised more of what Leon went through physically when Shaun explained his injuries and how they felt, and how he survived the internal bleeding because of the trial drug they used on him.
Just hammered home his pain more to me, and makes me feel more determined for him.

I dunno..lol..have we met?
Always gotta have the 2xL's for the chunky lads!!

McDuck
18th January 2008, 22:25
Ask sidecar bob how big i am....

candor
18th January 2008, 22:30
Thx for the insight (: So tougher penalties could register and coming from one who knows that is good news to hear. "A stitch in time"

Genestho
18th January 2008, 22:32
Out of respect to the Guzzi Widow and this thread after reading the last post i felt i should post this up to hell with the flak,years ago i did some time in the big house for repeat drink driving,not proud of it at all just telling the truth,i got there through a combination of being thick and the system not having the balls to make the punishment hard enough to make me learn,by the grace of god and some luck i never involved anyone else in my actions and theres not many days go buy even now that i dont thank god for that,to cut a long story short i firmly believe that to at least minimize the figures when your caught drink driving its straight to jail with no questions asked,no idea of the time frame but 3-6 months min would be a starting point.Loss of licence/pd/fines etc etc will not and doesnt work...as we see.To the average drink driver it only becomes serious when they A hit someone or B lose things that actually matter to them ie freedom/job/family etc.Fwiw these days i go well out of my way to make sure nobody in my social circle drinks/drives,have had the odd "just like an ex smoker comment" but dont give a shit.Drink driving is almost a disease.

Hey awesome posting 98tls thats very brave, if I wasnt such a newb Id figure out this bling thing everyone speaks of...(whats the bling?)
I was hoping that when I took a chance to confess my sin, that this kind of thing happened and it would open up true lines of important communication, and that people would realise Im not going to condemn. And that we are an ingrained culture of drinkers that are trying to transcend last generations habits that wernt illegal.
We all have to contribute, as part of the cause and effect.
Im hoping the theres going to be some strong stands taken this election year on this particular area, we will see what happens.

Good on ya mate, good that you are now trying to make a difference as small as it may seem to you, its a major contribution to getting pissheads off the roads, and lucky you have the chance. Nice one

Clivoris
18th January 2008, 22:35
Hey awesome posting 98tls thats very brave, if I wasnt such a newb Id figure out this bling thing everyone speaks of...(whats the bling?)

On the top right hand corner of the post you like there is a set of scales. Click on them to discover the bling. Click on User CP at the top of the page to see who has been blinging you.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 22:38
Thx for the insight (: So tougher penalties could register and coming from one who knows that is good news to hear. "A stitch in time"

Yep, that is indeed. Good to hear from both sides, real solutions. I didnt think tougher penalties would matter too much, but...from November I started to feel that there has to be something in place.
I dont know if Im more aware of it now, but I feel this issue seems to be gaining momentum, seems to be alot of commenting in all sorts of forums and media
And I like the ad's that have changed to accentuate the "good bastard" sober guy

Mcduck5n - ok, Im gonna! Arent they doin well down there ay? Gettin the updates, go the boys!!

98tls
18th January 2008, 22:41
I was hoping that when I took a chance to confess my sin, that this kind of thing happened and it would open up true lines of important communication, and that people would realise Im not going to condemn. And that we are an ingrained culture of drinkers that are trying to transcend last generations habits that wernt illegal.
We all have to contribute, as part of the cause and effect.
Im hoping the theres going to be some strong stands taken this election year on this particular area, we will see what happens.

Good on ya mate, good that you are now trying to make a difference as small as it may seem to you, its a major contribution to getting pissheads off the roads, and lucky you have the chance. Nice one Thanks Girl,The most shameful thing of all is that i lost my older brother through a combination of bikes/alcohol.......talk about thick,in this country there are so many like myself who grew up with drink driving being normal,we lived many miles away from a pub..so we drove just like the old man did,hell in the old days if you got caught the local cop told you to turn around and go home(in the car).As i posted before the whole justice system is rigged to put the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff when it comes to drink driving.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 22:46
ohhhh ok, looked at bling. I got lots, thanks everyone!
Now I have to work out how to give them out lol, I'll read the help page. Thanks clivorus!!!

Yep so true 98tls...so damn true!

candor
18th January 2008, 22:51
GW - just a matter of pacing guess, but with kids that age I can only imagine how "full on". Its a bit diff scenario but a friend who was pretty badly messed up in a head on (died but was resussed) with internal bleeds, major head and spinal injuries tells me the shock meant she was hardly conscious of pain. She remembers no major pain! Sure it'd be individual, but I think / hope that the physical and mental shock of major trauma would cause a kind of dissociation, distancing you from pain and the event. Aided by natural opiates kickin in. Or at least that those factors mean its wasn't as bad as it all looked.
Time 4 bed - work in a.m. :shit:

Genestho
18th January 2008, 22:59
GW - just a matter of pacing guess, but with kids that age I can only imagine how "full on". Its a bit diff scenario but a friend who was pretty badly messed up in a head on (died but was resussed) with internal bleeds, major head and spinal injuries tells me the shock meant she was hardly conscious of pain. She remembers no major pain! Sure it'd be individual, but I think / hope that the physical and mental shock of major trauma would cause a kind of dissociation, distancing you from pain and the event. Aided by natural opiates kickin in. Or at least that those factors mean its wasn't as bad as it all looked.
Time 4 bed - work in a.m. :shit:

Nah mate, he knew, he told me what he saw, and told victim support he was dying, he was a staunch bugger Id never heard him whinge about much at all in his life.
And he told us he was in pain, which we knew it was a major for him to even say!
They couldnt give him too many pain killers because of the impending surgery, so we said hurryup and start workin on him..NOW

That was the thing I expected him to be outofit or in a coma when I got there, and got a real fright of how connected he was to what was going on.
He was switched all the way on, the only thing that wasnt hammered was his head physically ( I think i said somwhere here before that his helmet has not a mark on it) but mentally his brain took one hell of a beating.
Thats another reason BADD has become.
Nite nite Candor

candor
18th January 2008, 23:06
Owwww sorry. Sickening and I know theres no upside. But he had the comfort of seeing you which was one thing at least. Nitey nite for real this time, and (cliche cliche) "take care" not just of the litle guys.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 23:09
PS
Yea got the pacing end sorted I think, its been a beast to setup and most things were things nailed for the first time and once in place all sorted, diaries and planning have been the key, and Im not owned or obligated by anyone so can pull the brakes on temporarliy if need be (and have done many times)
Kids come first at the end of the day.

Genestho
18th January 2008, 23:14
Owwww sorry. Sickening and I know theres no upside. But he had the comfort of seeing you which was one thing at least. Nitey nite for real this time, and (cliche cliche) "take care" not just of the litle guys.

Yea thats all there was left for him, to know we finally made it in time, he could rest "easier" knowing we were there.
Thats all we had.
Yea I better hit the sack too, sons birthday tomorrow, hes pumped and ready!
It will be fun (ish)
Yea the ole "take care" I'll do the best I can, thanks girl.
You take care too mate