PDA

View Full Version : Photos- as requested- before & after paint

カワサキキド
12th November 2004, 17:13
Finished painting yesterday, put it together last night, and just got back from a 300km ride, down to Ashburton(lots of cops) to look at a KR1 then on the way back through Methven and through the Rakaia Gorge(only 2 cops).
The new paint and my new helmets got absolutely splattered with bugs but here are the pics.
New brakes and tyres too just need to get a new can

R6_kid
12th November 2004, 17:19
hmmm, im not sure whats going to become of my zxr now. it was going to be repainted red, looks like im going to be buying some fairings off of shandawg so it'll be green/white/blue again...

how does it look up close, and what did you do in terms of prep work?

カワサキキド
12th November 2004, 17:33
I spent a lot of time on the prep, plastic welds, filler, sanding, sanding and sanding, about five days of sanding. Painting was the easy part.
I removed all the stickers with a hairdrier and a caramel wheel for the fuel tank, smothed out the plastic welds with 100/220/360 wet, then 400 wet all over, primed, 600 wet, paint ( not in full sun and not cool or humid), 1200wet, paint. I haven't cut in polished it or clear coated the laquer but it's turn out pretty good so far.

カワサキキド
12th November 2004, 17:36
If I get the KR1250 I'll paint it solid red just with the factory black kawasaki decal on the fuel tank and the KR1 sticker on the bottom fairing.

What do ya recon about putting decals on the zxr?

R6_kid
12th November 2004, 19:01
i got a friend up here whos dad does sign writing so if ya want to, send me some bmps or jpegs of your ideas, with some dimensions colours etc, if its simple it will prob be free, otherwise you'll save shit loads. tell me what you think, i've got my own ideas and i want mine to be original so im not sharing :niceone:

R6_kid
12th November 2004, 19:02
oh yeh. f'in awesome job mate, and thanks for the tips. :Punk:

カワサキキド
14th November 2004, 15:07
My ZXR250 service manual arrived from Japan today!
If you need any spec's, I can take a photo of the appropriate page.