PDA

View Full Version : Freaky... Can anyone corner like this?

Stromble
18th January 2008, 22:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEaNBBgR14&feature=related

Quite bizarre...:2thumbsup

Deviant Esq
18th January 2008, 22:38
Holy crap! :blink:

Bloody good skills, wish I could ride like that! Wonder how many offs he had practising to get that good...

Shadows
18th January 2008, 22:42
Jap cops on patrol bikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1BJ-RgcU1I

And the Yanks do it on Harleys. But a bit more slowly and I'm sure its their panniers that stop them from falling over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ByZ4Z4_fY&feature=related

Stromble
18th January 2008, 22:48
I remember now.. pretty much the same as the basic handling skills training...:blink:

woodboats
19th January 2008, 07:06
Excellent handling skills!
Note to self: Find some cones and get out there and practice more.

Patch
19th January 2008, 07:09
bahhhh, amateur - no wheelie, stoppie nor power slides, whadda wuss

Meekey_Mouse
19th January 2008, 08:19
Cool :D that looks like fun... Might get some cones and give it a go while I still have my 250 ( wouldn't really wanna do it on my big bike for a while lol)

boostin
19th January 2008, 08:28
I would have enough trouble remembering where to go

babyblade250rr
19th January 2008, 08:35
dang that guy has skills! yeah i can corner like that:whistle: Yeah right!! i'll blame my lack of cornering ability on my wide rear tyre hahaha

nice post!

mowgli
19th January 2008, 08:37

Holy !!!!!!! That's frigging awesome! Kind of like the jet sprints of motorcycling.

I'd bet Andrew Templeton of RoadSafe in Petone could give it a good nudge. Perhaps it's part of the super-advanced (spend more time riding than anything else) course.

Unit
19th January 2008, 08:39
What an awesome sport, exactly what I need to be doing. I did feel sorry for the Yank cops though, their bikes look so awkward. Would be good to get a few people together here, steal some cones find a big car park and have a go

Devil
19th January 2008, 09:01
I'd call a repost, but I guess it has been a couple of years ;)

Still very cool.

Yikes, been a KB member for nearly 4 years.

Mental Trousers
19th January 2008, 12:20
Respect for those skills. Wish someone would train me so I'm that good.

PrincessBandit
19th January 2008, 12:25
WOAH! apart from the absence of double axels and triple toeloops the guy could be an olympic figure skater!! Very impressive.

RantyDave
19th January 2008, 12:32
Repost, but awesome all the same. It's a good form of motorsport for confined places - i.e. Japan. Perhaps we should start trying it at the bucket track?

Edit: The Japanese cops. OMG. I guess you'd have to get over your fear of dropping it, eh?

Dave

Stromble
19th January 2008, 13:17
WOAH! apart from the absence of double axels and triple toeloops the guy could be an olympic figure skater!! Very impressive.

Triple toeloops and double axels? ..Sounds like a hidden talent you have there... :msn-wink:

gijoe1313
19th January 2008, 13:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYTi1i4NPw&feature=related

For more high speed tight cornering fun! Sugoi ne! :yes:

Kittyhawk
19th January 2008, 14:58
Oh pfft tis what Im teaching my newbs on monday nights! Its why we have so many cones hahahah...

Awesome skills and smoothness the guy didnt look like a technicial rider, more of a feel rider and just did it.

oldrider
19th January 2008, 15:03
Wow, that's good riding!

That looks just like the road I used to ride home on when the pubs used to closed at six o'clock! :apint:

Funny thing is, I could never find that road on the way "to" the pub! :beer: John.

PS: Six o'clock closing was the "pits"....You know....the good ol'e days!....yeah right! (Tui times, literally)

discotex
20th January 2008, 17:08
Don't know what you guys are all thinking...:rolleyes:... He/she didn't even even get their knee down!

Puts the basic handling skills test to shame eh.

discotex
20th January 2008, 17:11
What an awesome sport, exactly what I need to be doing. I did feel sorry for the Yank cops though, their bikes look so awkward. Would be good to get a few people together here, steal some cones find a big car park and have a go

Wouldn't take many people chipping in to get a trash bike to practice skills like this on.

Badger8
20th January 2008, 20:12
Woot!!! That was cah-raizay!!!
Blown away by the jap cop's, but i guess they'd be must have skills in such a crowded place.

90s
21st January 2008, 12:53
Oh pfft tis what Im teaching my newbs on monday nights! Its why we have so many cones hahahah...

Awesome skills and smoothness the guy didnt look like a technicial rider, more of a feel rider and just did it.

Erm, yes - that is what very good technical riders look like - as though it is as easy as breathing. There is no way to that performance through straight natural ability - whatever anyone would like to post.

007XX
21st January 2008, 13:00
Holy macaroni! :shit:

Tight cornering is "ma bete noire"...I really wish I had more confidence to do it properly...:crybaby:

Especially when I'm tired after a long day riding up and down the country and I need to do a u turn soemwhere...my VTR would be glad not to have to be laid on the side, getting a bent brake lever in the process :o :mad:

Kittyhawk
21st January 2008, 13:01
Erm, yes - that is what very good technical riders look like - as though it is as easy as breathing. There is no way to that performance through straight natural ability - whatever anyone would like to post.

The ability to be a natural feel rider, implement handling techniques comes as a high advantage..You can teach someone techniques but you can not teach "feel"

Consumption of time to perfect skills like this takes alot of commitment. Its taking a bike to the next level, much like musicians and their musicial instruments. :shutup:

I want to get to the next level in riding, have the bike be a part of me and an extension of my body. One day :yes:

Dino
21st January 2008, 21:58

Not me - that is some fantastic skills.

Waylander
21st January 2008, 22:05

Got enough construction going on I'm sure they wouldn't miss 15 or so from Route P at Chapel street...

Or you could get the Hamilton Hoons to set they're thing up again.

PrincessBandit
21st January 2008, 22:07
... much like musicians and their musicial instruments. :shutup:

So there's hope for me yet?:laugh:

skidMark
21st January 2008, 22:12
it was a repost when i put it up.:sweatdrop

oh and it's a vfr400r nc24

Subike
21st January 2008, 22:17
I watched these vidios last night
thought they were great!
Tonight I have just finished fitting a new rear tyre, cleaned a few things and lubed a few joints.....test ride ......OK!
Seeing I have a 1/2acre front lawm, which at the moment is just brown grass, and this lawn is peppered with fruit trees, I decided to try out the xsessive around the trees to see how I would go.
Well much to my surprize, I got into it and enjoyed myself for a good 20 min.
I could very easily now do a u turn in less than a standard road width with out putting a foot down.
As has been said in many other threads, practice practice practice.
The grass surface is not a grippy as a road, so a bit of tyre spin was developed but hey, Im going to do it again,
Ive learnt that my bike will scrape a peg and still feel stable at 15kph on grass! So seald roads should be better
And the Xsessive is not a light Bike!
Go out and set yourself up a tight course and get some slow speed practice.
Its fun

Kittyhawk
21st January 2008, 23:12
So there's hope for me yet?:laugh:

What do you play??? Depending on what instrument, I might be able to give ya some pointers..

Expert
30th January 2008, 19:59
And i didn't see any of that bullshit countersteering atall!

cold comfort
30th January 2008, 20:07
Holy !!!!!!! That's frigging awesome! Kind of like the jet sprints of motorcycling.

I'd bet Andrew Templeton of RoadSafe in Petone could give it a good nudge. Perhaps it's part of the super-advanced (spend more time riding than anything else) course.

For sure after a training day with Andrew i'd agree. Stuff trying it with the Bandit tho:gob:

Jiminy
30th January 2008, 22:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYTi1i4NPw&feature=related

For more high speed tight cornering fun! Sugoi ne! :yes:

I love how they keep looking in the distance and how the bike follows where they look. Perfect video for newbies...

Big Dog
30th January 2008, 23:28
Almost lost for words.
I really want to try that...

Skunk
31st January 2008, 07:22

That video is what got me into bucket racing when I first saw it...

Swoop
31st January 2008, 09:59
Go the VFR!
Good skills being shown there.

mstriumph
13th February 2008, 17:14
Excellent handling skills!
Note to self: Find some cones and get out there and practice more.

i was just thinking that .............:eek5: