PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton losing its Suzuki franchise?

tri boy
19th January 2008, 13:18
Over a few beers on Friday, the the snippet of news was raised that Road N Sport M/Cycles is giving up on it's Suzuki franchise.
It was suggested Harley Davidson was somehow involved. (Road n Toad's other franchise).
What will become of Suzuki in Cow Central???
Is it indeed true, or gossip?
Do Harley's make better farm bikes??
Questions to ponder on........moooooo.

99TLS
19th January 2008, 14:11
tis true was told about a month ago after getting tune up done there, phil said franchise was to be sold mid march i think after 23 yrs with owners , dont know where to go for tune up now? is just to be harley and buell now

Mountlocal1
19th January 2008, 22:27
Dont know about their service dept but the guys at Boyds (Troy, Jen and John) have always looked after me for everything else with a level of service I never ever got at Road and Sport. And Jen is rather cute.... :2thumbsup Also the guys at Hamilton Motorcycles service dept are bloody awsome too.

Cheerio... I must be off to enjoy my cucumber sammies and ginger ale...:whistle:

DougB
19th January 2008, 23:24
I get my Suzuki serviced at Cambridge Suzuki. Good service and you can talk to the mechanic. They advertised last year that they would pick up bikes in Hammy, do the work and return them.

pzkpfw
20th January 2008, 07:31
It was suggested Harley Davidson was somehow involved. (Road n Toad's other franchise).

In Wellington the HD and Suzuki dealership is the same.

Odd.

Fatjim
20th January 2008, 07:36
And they're about the only 2 they've got left.

bane
20th January 2008, 09:47
Yep, this rumour has been discussed thoroughly on the "other" site, where many have heard it.

No loss really. Get better service and cheaper parts from Boyd's!

And if you really want a new suzuki, there are two suzuki dealers within 30mins of R&S (although im sure someone in Hams will pick up the franchise).

dino3310
20th January 2008, 09:58
hoping jock at Cambridge Suzuki will pick it up,ace little team there,top blokes.
here's a thought: maybe we all could chip in and have KB suzuki

dino3310
20th January 2008, 10:07
No loss really. Get better service and cheaper parts from Boyd's!

i agree i went to boyds and found a more friendly service where as at R&S if i wasn't a big spender or on a harley it was like i was getting snobbed,now i go to cambridge suk easier to get into than te rapa from where i live,the head mechanic John is good value.
would be nice to own the suzuki franchise for hamilton.

Sollyboy
20th January 2008, 10:15
why are they quiting suzuki ? is there more money to be made selling hogs and screaming eagle accesories? surely they wouldnt need that much floor space for 1 brand , maybe their picking up another brand like triumph or aprillia , last time I
went there a few years ago they didnt seem that intrested in the suzuki sales anyway

Drew
20th January 2008, 10:17
And they're about the only 2 they've got left.

That's because when it comes to new bikes, Harley is the best franchise for sheer volume, and parts get sold and fitted before they leave the shop for extra proffit. There is no money in selling new bikes really, it's service and after market parts that pay the bills. Suzuki I'm told is the worst, especially when you consider the summer fest they make dealers run every year. But because of the numbers that Welly bikes sell the workshop keeps Garry and Steve rolling in the green.

tri boy
20th January 2008, 10:23
I guess Barry knows what he is doing, (by dropping Suzi), but I have a feeling Harley sales may be at saturation point in the nth island, and a tightening economy may turn around and bite him in the bum.
After all, Suzi still make and market farm bikes/quads etc where as Harley are solely involved with the cruiser market.(narrow focused, and disgressionary expenditure).
I know which franchise I would prefer to hold in a weakening global economy while living in a primary export nation. I could be totally wrong though. (often am).:lol:

Maybe he is heavily into tassels and leather.:devil2:

dino3310
20th January 2008, 10:41
thought the farming sector would have been a good income.

99TLS
20th January 2008, 14:34
thought the farming sector would have been a good income.

theres atleast 5 new harleys within a stones throw from my place all 2008 models bought by farmers, still blow thew away :bleh:

Mountlocal1
20th January 2008, 15:25
I guess Barry knows what he is doing, (by dropping Suzi), but I have a feeling Harley sales may be at saturation point in the nth island, and a tightening economy may turn around and bite him in the bum.
After all, Suzi still make and market farm bikes/quads etc where as Harley are solely involved with the cruiser market.(narrow focused, and disgressionary expenditure).
I know which franchise I would prefer to hold in a weakening global economy while living in a primary export nation. I could be totally wrong though. (often am).:lol:

Maybe he is heavily into tassels and leather.:devil2:

You used the T..T... T word! Tassles! :sick: Umm..... The above all sounds a bit "untalektual" but I agree with ya.