PDA

View Full Version : Govt wastes $$ on lavish loo

Okey Dokey
20th January 2008, 12:41
I may have been the first kber to use the ridiculously expensive toilet block at St Arnaud. Stopped there yesterday and it is hard to believe the govt thinks the $245,000 price tag is fine!

Its built of breeze blocks and has a tin roof. There are 4 ladies loos, with cubicles so large I could have brought the gixxer in with me! The blokes side is 2 toilets and 2 urinals. The architecturally designed floor to ceiling glass window on the ladies side has a "view" of a tree about 2 feet away.

It really burns me that the bloody govt wastes our tax dollars on such rubbish. Especially given that our Marlborough Wairau hospital is receiving an "upgrade" which is resulting in the loss of one of our maternity beds! They have their priorities seriously wrong. Tossers.

Mully
20th January 2008, 12:55
The Government wastes money?? No shit (pun intended)

Hitcher
20th January 2008, 13:37
Public toilets cost heaps to build and to maintain. The ones atop the Takas cost in excess of $20,000 a year for cleaning and consumables alone.

Mully
20th January 2008, 14:14
Public toilets cost heaps to build and to maintain. The ones atop the Takas cost in excess of $20,000 a year for cleaning and consumables alone.

So, if you were so inclined, you might say it costs.................... shitloads???

Hitcher
20th January 2008, 14:22
So, if you were so inclined, you might say it costs.................... shitloads???

I suspect you're taking the piss. But it's nice to know that somebody loves arsewipes enough to build special facilities for them.

And when people use a baby changing facility, what do they usually exchange their infant for?

Mully
20th January 2008, 14:45
I suspect you're taking the piss. But it's nice to know that somebody loves arsewipes enough to build special facilities for them.

Thanks for joining in, Hitcher. I've got a car that wont sell, and I can't get a bike till I've sold it. Pretty much all I have is toilet jokes.

Swoop
20th January 2008, 15:38
At a guess, it would have cost $30,000 to build.
The remainder would be for the fu*king consultants.:mad:

Maffoo
20th January 2008, 20:22
yeah you tell'em !
next time your down that way, show your contempt by pissing in the bushes round the back!!

JimO
20th January 2008, 21:04
$245000 thats only about 10 minutes worth of national benifet payments at least you can see something for the money and it hasnt ended up at the tab, pokies, pisser

98tls
20th January 2008, 21:23
Our elected Govt wasting money on shithouses is the least of the average kiwis worrys,as jim said at least we all got something for the money.Hell the Nth Otago rugby management spend more on that going to Tonga to find rugby players.<_<

NC
20th January 2008, 21:34
As the building has been built in a high snow-weather area it's no doubt that it would have cost that much. The last thing the government would want is a 20k loo crushing a bus load of tourists.
And just cause the government paid for it, it doesn't mean the permits came through any easier. No cutting corners.

The price of cement these days is astronomical, the foundation more than likely took up 150k

Okey Dokey
21st January 2008, 06:46
I still think that the price tag is way too high and is symptomatic of the govt being careless about spending our money. My understanding is that the average cost for a public loo is $60,000, so this is a lot dearer.

Why do we need an architect? NZ has built thousands of public loos by now! Surely we don't need a special plan every time one is erected? Wouldn't a sloping roof and good insulation on the water pipes suffice for cold and snow?

I take your point about other ways money is wasted, and I agree.

Dafe
21st January 2008, 07:11
God bless government spending......... I LOVE my Government credit card!

Mully
21st January 2008, 10:22
God bless government spending......... I LOVE my Government credit card!

Sweet, give us a turn?

Swoop
21st January 2008, 11:11
Why do we need an architect? NZ has built thousands of public loos by now! Surely we don't need a special plan every time one is erected?
I would have expected that the use of a bog-standard set of plans would suffice.

Total financial overkill if is built of breeze blocks and has a tin roof, as you stated earlier. Someone has made a nice little earner and that person is probably wearing a suit and their business card has an alphabet of letters after their name...

Taz
21st January 2008, 11:18
When you gotta go real bad Mkay Dokey you'll be really pleased to have that toilet.

pritch
21st January 2008, 11:55
It's not real money it's only taxes.

Okey Dokey
22nd January 2008, 18:35
When you gotta go real bad Mkay Dokey you'll be really pleased to have that toilet.

Not really; I'd be happy to use the perfectly servicable existing toilet block that is only 400 metres away and about 5 years old!