PDA

View Full Version : Actual ride on Sunday 27th of January

ital916
20th January 2008, 12:53
Hey guys. First thanks to sean and silverado, was a cool blat around today! The finish at motomail was cool, never been there lol. Now just thought i'd put it out there, again anyone keen to ride next sunday (the 27th)( not saturday lol), shingo and silverado are in. Meet at shell westgate for ten thirty and then we will head up north. The route is sorted *ask silverado he knows the way - i'm bad with place names*, so yeah shell westgate at then thirty. When we get back we can go straight to the barbecue in mission bay. Thought i'd give plenty of notice, this allows people to mull it over. *On a random note, i look forward to having legs of steel as i seem to still need to push start my bike a bit. The new spark plug works but it still decides not to fire into life sometimes??*

Drider

xwhatsit
20th January 2008, 13:06
*On a random note, i look forward to having legs of steel as i seem to still need to push start my bike a bit. The new spark plug works but it still decides not to fire into life sometimes??

From Motorbyclist's description of the plug it sounds as though it's fouling up. Need to give it more shit, thrash it a bit more. Or perhaps look at a hotter range plug so it self-cleans, if that's how you always ride.

ital916
20th January 2008, 13:22
Lol i am thrashing it, i'm going deaf from thrashing it. A hotter plug aye hmmm i will look into it.

shingo
20th January 2008, 13:47
As i said today to ya, let me know the plug number and i'll see if i can get ya a hotter one than what you got now.

You were definately giving it shit today, i could even hear your bike over top of my exhaust.

motorbyclist
21st January 2008, 20:44
watch out when using a hotter plug though... i'm told that the extra heat can melt/soften the piston and consequently ruin your engine in the worst possible way

see if the manual says anything, see what other RG150s are running, and maybe it's running rich due to a clogged air filter? when was the last tune up/service? it seems weird that the last owner never switched to a hot plug, and the old one looked pretty old

or just stick a plug in it and go:bleh:

shingo
23rd January 2008, 13:42
Who is actually keen on going on this ride? Just want to know to see if it is still worth organising.

ital916
23rd January 2008, 14:34
I am keen to ride on sunday up north or east or west or south east or north west or north south *a new bearing that only the coolest people ride in*, i put the thread up early so people can think bout it, hopefully will get yess and no's before saturday. If no ones keen i might go lone ranger on sunday and clock up some solo riding k's *if betty decides to be nice* lol

motorbyclist
23rd January 2008, 17:45
I am keen to ride on sunday up north or east or west or south east or north west or north south *a new bearing that only the coolest people ride in*, i put the thread up early so people can think bout it, hopefully will get yess and no's before saturday. If no ones keen i might go lone ranger on sunday and clock up some solo riding k's *if betty decides to be nice* lol

yeah...... doesn't look too likely

shingo
26th January 2008, 18:49
This ride has been cancelled due to lack of interest and Drider's bike being out of commission.

ital916
26th January 2008, 18:57
Yeah bro...sorry dudes stupid suzuki clutch cables are a rare item, you'd think that suzuki would make all clutch cables the same. :bash:

shingo
26th January 2008, 19:01
shit happens, i still got a month holiday to go ridin. I take it you didn't manage to find one to suit then?

motorbyclist
26th January 2008, 19:13
bloody thing, looks like he's going to have to pay and wait

might pay to compare it with a GN or another bike with cheap and easy to find parts