PDA

View Full Version : Why so many??

ital916
20th January 2008, 14:35
Drove down to taupo on friday with my mum. I was shocked to see the amount of unnecessary cheescutters everywhere. It's like the government got cheescutter happy. At one point it was like going through a gauntlet of death. Cheescutter on my left and then one on the centre line on my side, a 1m grass verge then another cheesecutter on the other side of the verge and another one on the edge of the oncoming lane. I was like jesus, if you slid off you would hit a cheescutter either way. On the side of the road was nothing but grass, no fence posts of anything, so why so many. Also installing cheescutters down the centre line with no space between it and the lanes defies the point of it having them as when a car hits the chessecutter it still stretches the barrier by two meters and swings back into it's own lane. So if there is oncoming ti will still hit it and then get flung back into it's own lane to hit the car travelling in there. A concrete barrier would have stopped it dead. Bloody scary!

Edit: whoops found the thread with the stretch i was talking about, stil bloody madness.

WelshWizard
20th January 2008, 20:50
Drove down to taupo on friday with my mum. I was shocked to see the amount of unnecessary cheescutters everywhere. It's like the government got cheescutter happy. At one point it was like going through a gauntlet of death. Cheescutter on my left and then one on the centre line on my side, a 1m grass verge then another cheesecutter on the other side of the verge and another one on the edge of the oncoming lane. I was like jesus, if you slid off you would hit a cheescutter either way. On the side of the road was nothing but grass, no fence posts of anything, so why so many. Also installing cheescutters down the centre line with no space between it and the lanes defies the point of it having them as when a car hits the chessecutter it still stretches the barrier by two meters and swings back into it's own lane. So if there is oncoming ti will still hit it and then get flung back into it's own lane to hit the car travelling in there. A concrete barrier would have stopped it dead. Bloody scary!

Edit: whoops found the thread with the stretch i was talking about, stil bloody madness.

If they kill enough Motorcyclist, they will try to justify banning them rather than solve the real problem of makeing safe roads for every person who uses them

RatBags
28th January 2008, 20:18

If they are installing like those shown on another thread they are Mad, don't your LTNZ have computers, it's so easy for them to check on why these WRB's have been banned in the Nederland's and will I am sure will be banned by Brussels in the very near future, seems like your LTNZ are trying to live in the past by useing these WRB's when it looks like most countries will have banned these with in the next year or so.

sunhuntin
28th January 2008, 20:20
If they are installing like those shown on another thread they are Mad, don't your LTNZ have computers, it's so easy for them to check on why these WRB's have been banned in the Nederland's and will I am sure will be banned by Brussels in the very near future, seems like your LTNZ are trying to live in the past by useing these WRB's when it looks like most countries will have banned these with in the next year or so.

rumour has it the govt got a cheap deal from a country who has banned them... besides, nz is generally a few years behind the rest of the world with EVERYTHING.

WelshWizard
28th January 2008, 20:27
Hey Ratbags I hope it was not Holland that sold the barriers cheap:eek5::whistle:

RatBags
28th January 2008, 20:32
Not from the Nederland,s J BTW user name please

WelshWizard
28th January 2008, 20:36
OK Ratbags I edited the above post to show your user name only