PDA

View Full Version : How many people ride on scooter in this forums?

Lam
10th August 2003, 00:14
:)
YAMAHA 125

Motoracer
10th August 2003, 01:38
Hi, I am on a scooter around town:)

Andrew
10th August 2003, 12:10
My boss is always making fun of my bike. Calling it a 125 scooter and saying that the engine on his chainsaw has more power than my bike :argh:

Antallica
10th August 2003, 17:45
Originally posted by Andrew
My boss is always making fun of my bike. Calling it a 125 scooter and saying that the engine on his chainsaw has more power than my bike :argh:

Tell him to hook it up onto cart and see who's has better all round power ;)

Coldkiwi
11th August 2003, 12:38
actually... knowing Andrew's boss the way I do (he's mine too) he may well be right! He's kinda well known for having good machines in his garage!

anyway... that was :Offtopic: where are the scooter riders?

Urban Terrorist
11th August 2003, 16:29
:wavey:
I have a PGO T-Rex I use for work, pretty good but has a big appetite for rear tyres (6-7 weeks for a decent Pirelli). bloody good to ride around within the city, but a bit slow for out of town.
I also have a Suzuki FA 50 thats a non-running project, raised the ports a couple of mm, expansion chamber to replace the hopeless standard exhaust, just need to open the intake up a little and get a 14-15mm carb on there.

:beer:
Spotcha.

Duke of Rogan
11th August 2003, 16:42
while on the subject of scooters, my brother wants to expand his current business in Magawhai to include cheap scooter hire.

I've been meaning to ask a couple of bike dealers I get on with well about this, but thought maybe some KB's could help also.

second thoughts, I'll start a new thread in the "Online Trading" section if anyone out there has a good scooter or two for sale...

Liv, Norway
23rd August 2003, 00:27
:) Hello!

When I was 16 my mum gave me my 1979 Vespa Bravo (oops! There you got my age!) and he still have his licence plate on!
He is red, max speed downhill 47km/h, 2hp, and I have decorated him with 3 hearts in velvet!
:love: Yes; he is my first love on wheels.

My secound love is my BMW Scarver. But I don't forget my first love, so one or two times in a summer he and I are going to the local MC-cafè. My back hurts, we hardly move, but I still love him!

:p I know you guys call a bike 'she', but all bikes I drive is a 'he'. I don't put a girl between my legs!:p

A little :Offtopic: , hope you forgive me.:(

:) Liv, Norway.

MikeL
23rd August 2003, 09:06
Originally posted by Liv, Norway
[B I know you guys call a bike 'she', but all bikes I drive is a 'he'. I don't put a girl between my legs[/B]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hullo Liv and welcome. I bet it's great weather for riding in Norway at the moment. Are you still having a heat wave?

On the other hand I don't suppose either your scooter or your BMW will see much action in the middle of winter. How cold does it get?

BTW here in Auckland after a week of bloody awful weather with rain every day it's sunny and warm (16 deg. predicted). Not bad for the middle of winter here, eh?

I'm off for a ride now. :niceone:

SPman
23rd August 2003, 10:35
The first powered two wheeler I ever rode was a scooter - 1961 Silver Pigeon - got me started on the whole motorbike thing.Used  an NZeta 175 for a while..it went quite well actually...:eek:

Liv, Norway
25th August 2003, 07:34
Hello MikeL and everyone!

I'm a little :Offtopic: now, but only a little; I'm sure you can find a scooter in the snow if you really look for it!:)

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Outback/1686/krystallrally.html
klick on 'HOME' and 'Rallies in Norway'.

http://biphome.spray.se/rtk208/vinter/krystall.html

All pictures is normal natives on a normal day. :D
OK, I lie a little.

Average temperature in Oslo in January: -7C. But some days there are -15C, and sometimes colder. :whocares: I got a coat made of many wolfes!

You are right MikeL; I don't have studded tires on my Vespa or my BMW Scarver, so they rest inside in the wintertime. It's sometimes hard enough to get my Corolla up the hill to my home!
No; I don't live in the forest next to Santa Claus (julenissen), but sometimes I feel like I do.:D

:banana: (I like the smilies!) Liv.

MikeL
25th August 2003, 21:20
Great pictures, Liv. Makes our Brass Monkey rally look a bit tame...

BTW are you getting over the sniffles??

Best remedy: hot toddy: lemon juice, honey, hot water with plenty of rum, whisky or whatever your favourite poison is. If you don't cure it, at least you give the germs a good time... :p

Lee Rusty
25th August 2003, 22:26
doing restoration on a 1961 NZeta and a 57 Durkopp Sport.
have recently sold a part restored 61 tigress 250.

Old scooters are heaps of fun. I did up and sold a 90 PX150 Vespa a year or so back.

SPman
25th August 2003, 22:51
Hey Lee, NZetas go real well with a 350 Jawa motor!  :D

Lee Rusty
26th August 2003, 00:20
even better with a Yam RD350 twin - but it aint original

Liv, Norway
26th August 2003, 22:49
Originally posted by MikeL
Great pictures, Liv. Makes our Brass Monkey rally look a bit tame...

BTW are you getting over the sniffles??

Best remedy: hot toddy: lemon juice, honey, hot water with plenty of rum, whisky or whatever your favourite poison is. If you don't cure it, at least you give the germs a good time... :p

Thank you!
Rudolf the rednosed reindeer and me got something in commom: A red nose.

Hmmm....
I think I have a bottle of Cognac somewhere..? And cognac is good for my throat too, right?:D

Skål = cheerio!

:) Liv.

SPman
27th August 2003, 00:49
Hey Liv....how come you've got a cold, when its summer and Europe (and, I presume, Scandanavia) , is in the middle of a heatwave?

You been climbing mountains with no gear on, then? :D

Liv, Norway
27th August 2003, 01:41
Hello SPman!

I was in Sweden a week ago; it's a Swedish cold!

And it's not that hot here anymore; 16C.

The editor of the local BMW-club's magazine was here;
He wanna have a picture of me. So my red nose are going to be famous.

:doctor: Liv.

flipper
8th July 2004, 17:57
Yep, Street magic, on and off road..

R6_kid
12th July 2004, 19:00
I USED to ride a nifty old 1976 Bajaj (Vespa) Super 150. Quite a quick scoot for its age, and even pulled wheelies off at the lights (unlike my current 250 crotch rocket). Sold it off and the guy has since sported it up with exhaust new carbs, chrome, white walls etc - i want it back. I have a 1998 PX150 in the garage and may ride it when i get it all fixed up again.

Paul in NZ
12th July 2004, 19:42
My brother had Vespas and I rebuilt a C90 Cub for a brother in law (how the hell do you bend a valve in one?)

Got thrown out of a bar in ChCh for riding one through the front doors.

Heaps of fun!

For a biker, riding a scooter is like making love to your mothers best friend (you know, the large, loud one) in the back yard. It's a ton of fun until your mates see you!

Paul N

scoot
24th April 2005, 00:58
got rid of the GF250 and have a scooter now. Don't regret it a bit until I have to do motorways :) ridden within its means its a great option.

Ixion
24th April 2005, 10:29
The first powered two wheeler I ever rode was a scooter - 1961 Silver Pigeon - got me started on the whole motorbike thing.Used  an NZeta 175 for a while..it went quite well actually...:eek:

And here's me just now saying that no-one here would have ever seen one , let alone ridden one!. Tech me to keep my big mouth shut, I guess whatevere it is someone here will have ridden it.

But what happened to the metal box on the back that doubled as luggage box and pillion seat ?

DebK
24th April 2005, 18:20
I ride an Italjet Dragster 180... that is also now up for sale.

Now asking $3,500.00 ono. Very tidy with approx. 16,700kms. Very fast wee critter that cruises easily all day at 100 (but had at 130kms & wanted to keep going). Very cheap to run.

For further info on this unusual scoot go to http://www.italjetdragster.com

Had a whole lot of fun on it but time to have even more fun on the open road.

Tmaxfever
29th April 2005, 19:41
500cc twin scooter. Fun.

MrMelon
29th April 2005, 19:44
Yeah I ride a 50cc Street Magic, it's badass.

dangerous
29th April 2005, 20:09
500cc twin scooter. Fun.
What something like this one...... its in Chch too :ride:

BTW wellcome to KB

zooter
30th April 2005, 16:31
Just took possession of a 125 vespa. A bit slow for a 125 but fast enough for commuting the 80k road from my place into work.

Suzi Q
30th May 2005, 21:30
Just bought the Aprilia on Friday and loving it - my little work horse :love:

FA50
11th June 2005, 18:27
i hav a 1990 Suzuki FA50 - respect! its limited edition!