PDA

View Full Version : Happiness is

James Deuce
21st January 2008, 21:37
Getting rid of a flat spot at 8000rpm and tuning suspension so both ends of the bike work the same.

Then fanging up and down a twisty road that just ends, watching people surf cast from a wild, rocky beach, and seeing shipping heading for the Chatham Islands disappearing behind humid squalls.

pzkpfw
21st January 2008, 21:46
Getting rid of a flat spot at 8000rpm and tuning suspension so both ends of the bike work the same.

Then fanging up and down a twisty road that just ends, watching people surf cast from a wild, rocky beach, and seeing shipping heading for the Chatham Islands disappearing behind humid squalls.

That's a nice road, that is.

Even when I'm nanaing it 'cos all the surface looks new and loose. And cos I'm a nana.

I'm the reverse of you, Jim. Since I stuck on my frame sliders the engine seems louder, lumpier and hotter. I've got that insane feeling of "what have I screwed up?" when logically it can't be anything (from this job).

skelstar
21st January 2008, 23:11
Happiness is going for a blast on ya girlfriend's Bandit 250 (with her on the back) on the Masterton-Alfredton-JodiTeHuna road, and then later riding a K6 GSXR750 and having less 'fun' ;)

(not implying I had less sex on the GSXR, I had just as much)

MVnut
21st January 2008, 23:13
A purple H2A

cowpoos
22nd January 2008, 03:15
is....finding the answer as to why I'm awake this fricken hour!!!

chanceyy
22nd January 2008, 05:22
is....finding the answer as to why I'm awake this fricken hour!!!

thats easy .. your an ex cow cocky your body is used to being awake at this time of the morning ..

now I am a morning person .. used to work at the track so 5am wake up is not unusual

Happiness is (from this newbies point of view) taking a set of corners & feeling the flow, lightness of the bike & smiling cause you know how each corner should feel ..just must practice some more :niceone:

imdying
22nd January 2008, 06:59
Happiness is popping a home made carbon part from its mould :yes:

I'll let you know when I get there :lol:

Steam
22nd January 2008, 07:10
Getting rid of a flat spot at 8000rpm
What did you do to fix that?

James Deuce
22nd January 2008, 07:34
Reseated airbox rubbers properly. I thought I'd done it right after the bike got hit in the JIM2 Memorial park, but it suddenly started feeling harsh, and the flat spot it had had since the carbs got rejetted got worse. One of the inside pair of carbs was sucking rubber instead of air.

Absolute bugger of a job. But suitably rewarding.

vifferman
22nd January 2008, 07:50
One of the inside pair of carbs was sucking rubber instead of air.
:shit:

Dodgy, that!

Hitcher
22nd January 2008, 07:55
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of policemen, rising up through the air

NZsarge
22nd January 2008, 07:59
When I get my bike back!:yes:

Lissa
22nd January 2008, 09:40
Happiness is going for a blast on ya girlfriend's Bandit 250 (with her on the back) on the Masterton-Alfredton-JodiTeHuna road, and then later riding a K6 GSXR750 and having less 'fun' ;)

(not implying I had less sex on the GSXR, I had just as much)Happiness according to my bike, is having skelstar riding her, now she knows what real cornering feels like. :niceone:

vifferman
22nd January 2008, 09:41
Happiness according to my bike, is having skelstar riding her, now she knows what real corning feels like. :niceone:
Does skelstar use butter on the corn when he gives your bike a corning? :confused:

:spudwhat:

Lissa
22nd January 2008, 09:44
Does skelstar use butter on the corn when he gives your bike a corning? :confused:

:spudwhat:

Have no idea what you mean :whistle:

skelstar
22nd January 2008, 09:44
It wouldn't be gentlemanly not to ...