PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Imagine by Perfect Circle?

Ms Piggy
13th November 2004, 17:52
I do. :yes: Am I at home and really bored...yes I am. :yes:

SuperDave
13th November 2004, 18:18
You like APC? I gotta say, overall, eMOTIVe is not nearly as good as Thirteenth Step and Mer de Noms. Imagine, people are people and what's going on are the only good three in my opinion. The Pet remake is terrible!

Drunken Monkey
13th November 2004, 19:46
Interesting...I just ordered it from RGR, but haven't sampled it.
Mer de noms is one of my all-time fav's (that and just about everything by groove armada), but I only listened to thirteenth step a couple of times.
Anyway, I'll let you know on Monday what I think :)

Blakamin
13th November 2004, 19:49
Mer De Noms i liked... got a free T-shirt when i bought 13th step but i just cant get into them anymore :mellow:
dont like tool anymore either....

riffer
13th November 2004, 21:04
Mer De Noms i liked... got a free T-shirt when i bought 13th step but i just cant get into them anymore :mellow:
dont like tool anymore either....
I liked Mer de Noms too. But I must admit I haven't paid too much attention to new music of late (pretty shocking for a musician I reckon) so haven't caught the new album.

As for the obvious comparisons to tool, its a bit unfair really. Tool have been a very impressive band in the past and may continue to be in the future.

Unfortunately, and this seems to be the case with many highly creative groups, their output can be patchy - at times rubbish and other times brilliant. Daney Carey is one of the finest drummers I've ever had the pleasure to see live.

So I'll probably buy the next tool album - if its crap I can always indulge in some lacrymology - but A Perfect Circle will probably not be on my must-buy list. That's not to say I won't end up d/ling it at some stage to listen too. If its good enough, I'll buy it then...

Slipstream
13th November 2004, 23:46
I do. :yes: Am I at home and really bored...yes I am. :yes:

Do I sympathise and agree with you :yes: yes, yes I do ;)

Warren
14th November 2004, 08:48
I don't like it. Much better when played by Mr Lennon.

Jamezo
14th November 2004, 17:06
eh, I think Tool and APC are pretentious crapola, you might have guessed, because I am after all a snob guitarist, and only listen to and play real music! :innocent:

Indiana_Jones
14th November 2004, 17:21
I don't like it. Much better when played by Mr Lennon.

I agree, It blows.

-Indy

Ghost Lemur
14th November 2004, 18:58
I'm a big MJK fan. :2thumbsup

Magua
14th November 2004, 19:03
It's great, though Passive is probably the best song on the cd.

2_SL0
14th November 2004, 19:03
The first time I heard it I thought hmmmmm, ok, nuts just ok. But the more I hear it the more I like it. :)

NC
14th November 2004, 19:06
What radio station is it on?

Woohoo 900 posts :D

2_SL0
14th November 2004, 19:19
I think I have heard it on Channel Z and possibly The Rock

riffer
14th November 2004, 19:20
It's not the first time that Maynard has done an interesting cover of a song.

I have an album at home by a band originally called The Replicants (Ken Andrews/Paul D'Armour/Greg Edwards/Chris Pitman) and now called which contains 11 interesting covers of songs by such musical luminaries as Paul McCartney, Missing Persons, Neil Young, Gary Numan to name a few.

Anyway they covered Wings' Silly Love Songs (Maynard vocals) and John Lennon's How Do You Sleep.

For the trivia buffs, Paul D'Armour was the original bassist from tool. Ken Andrews and Greg Edwards were in Failure. Chris Pitman was the lead singer for Lusk and also plays in a band called Zaum with Danny Carey of tool.

Ah what the hell, here's the song list and their original artists. PM me if you are interested in a copy of the CD.

Just What I Needed (Cars)
Silly Love Songs (Wings)
Life's a Gas (T Rex)
Cinnamon Girl (Neil Young)
How Do You Sleep (John Lennon)
Destination Unknown (Missing Persons)
No Good Trying (Syd Barrett)
Are Friends Electric? (Gary Numan & Tubeway Army)
The Bewlay Brothers (David Bowie)
Ibiza Bar (Pink Floyd)

NotaGoth
14th November 2004, 19:44
Oooo oooo they are cool, but try something like Fear Factory, Slipknot or Kittie, yeah KITTIE!!! Yah might like em even more! lol

:)

avgas
30th December 2004, 20:10
I'm a big MJK fan. :2thumbsup
Modern Jesus Krist for some of us even. Sorry but TooL are underground legends in the music world.
As for the APC album, i hated, bought it.........now sorry guys i really like it.
The trick is not to base this album on the previous (13th step).
This is POP not ROCK, once you perceive these complexities - the album is great. But once again my favourite songs on this album are the ones they actually wrote.
But im listenting to AudioSlave right now - gotta luv that album too.
Ahhhh the true gods of the music industry, TooL, Soundgarden, Metallica, RATM.........Doors, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd.................. :sleep:

avgas
30th December 2004, 20:12
It's great, though Passive is probably the best song on the cd.
This is actually my fav APC song now - so good to ride to it. Luck a cops didnt see me hitting corners at 160.

avgas
30th December 2004, 20:15
Oooo oooo they are cool, but try something like Fear Factory, Slipknot or Kittie, yeah KITTIE!!! Yah might like em even more! lol

:)
Some bastard stole my Kittie Album, my GF liked paperdoll.
On a tangent you might like Dresden Dolls

James Deuce
30th December 2004, 20:15
Judith is my favourite all time song.

Magua
31st December 2004, 08:47
But im listenting to AudioSlave right now - gotta luv that album too.

I picked that up a few weeks ago from the Warehouse for $14, a fan of RATM I also picked up their self titled album and evil empire for $19 for the both of them.

avgas
3rd January 2005, 15:53
dammit i paid $20 for it
Oh well
Yeh all my RATM albums got pinched. And ive always been a fan of the ol' Soundgarden - songs like kickstand and rusty cage are the reason why i got a motorbike (they were all on that game Road Rash - remember that)

Coyote
3rd January 2005, 17:13
You all need to hear some Children of Bodom. Download Hate Crew Deathroll if you can :niceone:

Coyote
3rd January 2005, 17:14
Imagine is pretty cool. The video to Counting Bodies like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums is brilliant