PDA

View Full Version : todays ride!!!

ajturbo
13th November 2004, 21:03
i had a great ride today, meet up with a heap of new faces.. who were they? hell i have trouble remebering my boys name!!!
but met them at a little palce called Kopu, 1/2hr BEHIND schedule, stressing that i had missed everyone, just to be told that "no there had been NO big group of bikes stop there yet"!!!
so i waited,
and waited...
and waited.....
and wa....
then "THEY" turned up, shook a lot of hands, said hi, :wavey: showed everyone how dirty a turbo looks with no cloths on, and then WE ..
waited
and waited...
and waited.....
and wa....
for the two brothers, who had a good story to tell but we were hot and i had over filled the bike and it was leeking all over the place (the tank on the bike is black and with no plastic cover, it heated the fuel.. :o ..).

it was great to get out with a group again after nearly 15years! (shit gav, has it been that long?????)
but the guys reminded me of those youger days, with the nelson road touring club, ... fast or faster, i just hope i didn't get in any ones way!!! no one said anything to me (such polite boys!!) so I must have been ok.(i hope)

had fun with a guy in a subaru...well i didn't manage to over take him he was flying..must have known the road, and a couple of time must have been told that there was nothing coming around blind corners!!! he even had me backing off at one stage!

got to some place i cannot remember, stopped for an icecream and a chat.
and a guy on a clean vtr(?) joined up with an interesting tread pattern on his rear tyre...read, i can see the canvase! :sick: :sick: .

headed off to waihi, where one of the brothers got tyred and lay his bike down for a rest...or was it he didn't want me to get left tooooo far behind?
he was walking around when i got there. HUGE dent in his pride???

had luke my son ( it has taken me this long to remember his name!) out today and he is 12, he seemed to like the ride, if fact he was leaning into the corners BEFORE me!!! luckly he weighs F/all ...

great ride thanks guys

hope you don't mind if i tag along again some time?

slob
13th November 2004, 22:52
Hey AJTurbo, it was great to have you out there in the group, adding to the experience and diversity :2thumbsup !

and waited.....
for the two brothers, who had a good story to tell...

That'd be Motoracer and me.. I leave it up to Motoracer to relate the story..

got to some place i cannot remember,

That'd be Whangamata...

one of the brothers got tyred and lay his bike down for a rest...or was it he didn't want me to get left tooooo far behind?
he was walking around when i got there. HUGE dent in his pride???

Yeah that'd be me... :o I thought the front tyre was good enough for one more ride...(famous last words etc.) Serves me right for being so stingy. Sure was embarrasing! No injuries to brag about, just a couple of bruises and oddly enough, a (friction?)burn blister on one of my fingertips (gloves are intact - weird!). Luckily I had taken my fairings off for repainting, so damage was minimal (most expensive part will prob be replacing the cracked and punctured engine side cover).

A couple of Harley riders going the other way stopped and helped me pick the bike up and taped it together, which was very nice of them - almost unexpected considering I was riding a "rice burner" :). Definitely changed my view of that segment of the biking community!

Both me and the bike were feeling better later on so after Motoracer caught up with me back at Whangamata, we did some more riding via Miranda + Hunua. Bloody exhausting work though!

All in all, it was a very eventful ride for me, so I figure it was a day well spent. I'd be keen on joining in the next ride someone decides to organise (after getting a new front tyre, of course).

Joni
13th November 2004, 23:12
All in all, it was a very eventful ride for me, so I figure it was a day well spent. I'd be keen on joining in the next ride someone decides to organise (after getting a new front tyre, of course).

Ahhh the Giri brothers on their not so hot tyres again huh... ;)

sAsLEX
14th November 2004, 02:21
bloody hell vtwin raver is learning off KK, he said the last ride would be the last on those tyres tisk tisk!

Two Smoker
14th November 2004, 08:30
Hey ajturbo, good to meet you and your son :niceone: Dont worry about getting in peoples way, because your not, its up to the faster rider to make a safe pass..

Yep, definately come on another KB ride.... they are generally all like this, with a great range of paces, no complaints and someone waiting at every intersection....

People that were there were
Myself, Purple and Black ZXR400
nhuanh, ZX-636R
Quasievil, ZX-636R
Speedmedic, TL1000R
V-Twin Raver, VTR1000 (shagged rear tyre)
dss3, TL1000S
Motoracer, (rolling stoppie) GSX-R600
Slob, FZR400
dveus, GSX250
Stuey, Street Fighter GSX-R750
Bane, GSX-750
and the guy on the GSX-R750 (K2??) (sorry didnt catch your name....)

I think that was everyone.....

V Twin Raver
15th November 2004, 07:04
bloody hell vtwin raver is learning off KK, he said the last ride would be the last on those tyres tisk tisk!

No time last week to sort out a new tyre plus during last week I did not think I would go for a ride in the weekend. Got to Friday arvo and thought I would get one more ride out of it. How wrong I was. Maybe a distance of 150km at a push - not 300.

Mental Note; Metzelers delaminate shitloads quicker than Dunlops when on their last legs. Not a proud moment. Buggered up the 2nd half of my ride - had to go home the quiet way.

Its ok - the wheel/tyre are in the boot of the cage today. So its a new tyre for me!!

Quasievil
15th November 2004, 08:19
Yup bloody good day. We had a good one, only HP were those on State 1 heading up to Auckland so all was sweet.
Good to see another awesome ZXR636 out to play:msn-wink:
Nathan was the guy on the GSX750R, he works with me in Hammy, he will be a new member shortly as soon as he figures out a name.
My bike was going really well, I was trying so hard to get a knee down on the Waihi road but it didnt happen, I figure its just not my style, went through it fairly quick with only one slighty hairy moment I went out a bit wide on a corner with a car coming the other way, heaps of time/room to correct it but a bit silly, managed to pull my head in. Wasnt long before I came across a certain bike in the bushes not to badly damaged so not a major apart from a bit of pride, good on the harley guys for helping.
Good to see a good turn out and a couple of new faces.
Really starting to get to grips with the ZXR, bloody awesome bike, prolly the best thing outside power etc is its cornring ability particulary when its a bit rough it holds a line really well.
Anyway thats me , already looking forward to the next one.

Im thinking of a ride to Whangamata, except Im bringing the 4x4 with a BBQ in it, you guys bring a few hunks of meat and your girlfreinds and we will have a midday beach BBQ/ Swim/ Laugh/ volleyball
What ya reckon?? somewhere on the coro will be the place, Im thinking in about 4 weeks ?? will post something on the site later on

catch yall later

NhuanH
15th November 2004, 15:30
Good to see another awesome ZXR636 out to play:msn-wink:

Right on brotha! It was good for me to see one ridden well for once :second: (well for the brief time that I saw you heading into Whangamata). But at least I gave back to you some licence plate bracket ideas :banana: Don't forget kawiforums.com too

We had a good one, only HP were those on State 1 heading up to Auckland so all was sweet.
Yep, let me share a story with you sometime....