View Full Version : Bucket & Motard etc at Slipway Brooklyn calendar

F5 Dave
24th January 2008, 14:16
Bayden has just posted the calendar.
First race 2nd March
pdf attached

Skunk
24th January 2008, 14:33
I see it as 2nd March the first meeting...

But anyway - Woohoo!

Nothing on www.scs.net.nz (http://www.scs.net.nz/calendar.php?year=2008&month=03) yet to confirm it

F5 Dave
24th January 2008, 14:36
Yeah 2nd March. The Second race is the 30th. Sheesh.

:Oops:

Skunk
24th January 2008, 17:24
If you want to subscribe to an iCal type calendar for the events PM me for the details.

Here's an .ics calendar of the dates you can download this one (just change .doc to .ics):

Coyote
24th January 2008, 17:32
I was told minimoto's were allowed a go on the track. Is this true?

Skunk
24th January 2008, 19:07
I was told minimoto's were allowed a go on the track. Is this true?
If enough turn up. Otherwise you might get 'practice'...

Trudes
24th January 2008, 19:15
March 2nd eh Skunk? Does that give us enough time to build something that I can ride?:chase: (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Coyote
24th January 2008, 19:39
If enough turn up. Otherwise you might get 'practice'...
Keen to go watch, may as well bring it along if I can bunjy tie it to the pillion seat :D

Str8 Jacket
24th January 2008, 19:41
Oh! I may even have the A going in time! :wari:

Skunk
24th January 2008, 19:45
March 2nd eh Skunk? Does that give us enough time to build something that I can ride?:chase: (wink wink, nudge nudge)
Sorta. I hope to have my two and the new (:lol: ok blue) AX100 going. I'm just not sure about the brakes on the blue AX... Should have something working out of that lot.

Do you need brakes?

Trudes
24th January 2008, 20:08
Sorta. I hope to have my two and the new (:lol: ok blue) AX100 going. I'm just not sure about the brakes on the blue AX... Should have something working out of that lot.

Do you need brakes?

I'm keen to come and help out and learn some stuff anyway. Does it have engine braking? If it doesn't have brakes, then I can't chicken out and corner too slow I guess eh.

Skunk
24th January 2008, 20:16
I'll give you a yell when Blue turns up. ETA 2nd Feb.

The other AX100 is more or less ready to run. The ZX1R still needs the engine built.

Trudes
24th January 2008, 20:20
Excellent, I'll bring, ummm, beer and small hands.

Skunk
24th January 2008, 20:25
Beer!? The Skunkworks Norf Welly Massif Bucket Factory does not operate on beer. Humf!

Trudes
24th January 2008, 20:28
Oh sorry, what are those girly RTDs you like to drink? I'll buy you a dozen of those and I'll drink the beer.

xr-rider
24th January 2008, 20:39
i can't wait al i need is a bike now. anyone got a cheap one they don't want?

Slingshot
24th January 2008, 20:44
I'm keen to come and help out and learn some stuff anyway. Does it have engine braking? If it doesn't have brakes, then I can't chicken out and corner too slow I guess eh.

Ummm...I think you're thinking of trucks, they have engine braking. :lol:

i can't wait al i need is a bike now. anyone got a cheap one they don't want?

Even if you can't get a bike sorted by March, come up to the slipway...bring your gear and borrow a bike for a practice session.

xr-rider
24th January 2008, 20:47

Even if you can't get a bike sorted by March, come up to the slipway...bring your gear and borrow a bike for a practice session.

sounds like a good idea. i borrowed AJ's bikes last year for a few rounds, and thats what i like about it, friendly guys.

Trudes
24th January 2008, 20:51

Is it not truck racing??:confused:
Maybe I just ride slowly, I can get most places on my bike without having to brake much, these things only do like 50kmph don't they?

Skunk
24th January 2008, 21:01
Oh sorry, what are those girly RTDs you like to drink? I'll buy you a dozen of those and I'll drink the beer.I'll bitch slap you young lady... They're a mans RTD.

these things only do like 50kmph don't they?My AX100 was hitting 129 true speed at Taupo...

Trudes
24th January 2008, 21:05
:Oops::bash::shutup::rofl::laugh::lol:
That's all I have to say about that...

Number One
24th January 2008, 21:32
Oh sorry, what are those girly RTDs you like to drink? I'll buy you a dozen of those and I'll drink the beer.

Hee hee - good girl!

WAHOOOOOOO so buckets is kicking off.....so NWMBOB's - we need to figure out what dates we are ALL able to 'represent'.

Chat at chocolate fountain...I mean tupperware party!

chur chur

nudemetalz
25th January 2008, 09:10
2nd March gives Team Nudsty's machine enough time to be manufactured (I hope).
The engine more or less fits in there, Skunk. Still working out some detail stuff.

Skunk
25th January 2008, 10:10
Excellent! We'll see on the 2nd if we can scratch it.

quallman1234
25th January 2008, 11:33
See ya there.

crazylittleshit
1st February 2008, 14:49
sounds like a good idea. i borrowed AJ's bikes last year for a few rounds, and thats what i like about it, friendly guys.

did it kick ya? christine can be a bad girl at the best of times wonder if Aj got that thing going again?????:scooter:

diesel pig
1st February 2008, 18:56
My AX100 was hitting 129 true speed at Taupo...

How did you get the true speed Shunk? I take it thats 129 KPH ? If so thats a very good top speed for a hundred, my old Bucket Hot Dog (H100 heavily hotted up) did 134 KPH at Ruapuna on the B track with a good push bike speedo.

xr-rider
1st February 2008, 20:49
did it kick ya? christine can be a bad girl at the best of times wonder if Aj got that thing going again?????:scooter:
she was good to me only threw me off once. the only thing that stopped it from running was a flat battery.

crazylittleshit
2nd February 2008, 09:23
she was good to me only threw me off once. the only thing that stopped it from running was a flat battery.

good day out then :)

Skunk
2nd February 2008, 18:29
How did you get the true speed Shunk? I take it thats 129 KPH ? If so thats a very good top speed for a hundred, my old Bucket Hot Dog (H100 heavily hotted up) did 134 KPH at Ruapuna on the B track with a good push bike speedo.
Pedally-bike speedo. Was very careful with the setup. Seats of pants it feels too fast to be only 129kph so I guess it is close.

(Guess I can't really say it's a true 129kph unless I get pinged for it :lol: )