PDA

View Full Version : Practice days at puke?

dave o
26th January 2008, 19:59
Im wanting to start racing and have already got a racebike, which im going to enter in the clubmans at pukekohe.
i recently checked the clubmans times and theyre doing 1min 07 - 1min 14ish, which is alot faster than me :(

are you allowed to go to the race track and practice? not a trackday as such, but just an open day or something where you can go around and just spend time on the track.
my friend thinks they do them on fridays? im going to need lots of practice so i dont look like a total knob >.<

dave

boomer
26th January 2008, 20:20
www. (http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/motor-racing/13/)

Bikernereid
26th January 2008, 20:29
Awesome track, was there recently with mate of all levels who were doing time trails and such like. They had 6 sessions when I was there. Go for it, practice make perfect.

Im wanting to start racing and have already got a racebike, which im going to enter in the clubmans at pukekohe.
i recently checked the clubmans times and theyre doing 1min 07 - 1min 14ish, which is alot faster than me :(

are you allowed to go to the race track and practice? not a trackday as such, but just an open day or something where you can go around and just spend time on the track.
my friend thinks they do them on fridays? im going to need lots of practice so i dont look like a total knob >.<

dave

dave o
26th January 2008, 20:38
cheers for that :2thumbsup:
on the amcc website it says if you're faster than 1min 10 you'll be asked nicely to move onto another class. does that actually happen? i think there is about 3 guys faster than 1min10. and everyone else in the class are on nice new bikes :crybaby: oh well, i gotta start somewhere i guess.

owner
27th January 2008, 00:27
3ma for the win bro post pics I miss my old ride, not many around now

skidMark
27th January 2008, 01:54
it's my old TZR wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :weep:

ArcherWC
27th January 2008, 09:00
bugger, I was going to enter clubmans, but my best is a 1min4 so far, so F2 for me I guess

boomer
27th January 2008, 09:07
bugger, I was going to enter clubmans, but my best is a 1min4 so far, so F2 for me I guess

i'd say! bloody bur gul aaaaah

Drew
27th January 2008, 09:13
1.04 is fast enough to run top ten at the AMCC rounds I did. I qualified fifth with a 1.05 i think. Damp track but still sticky. Race times were a bit faster but 1.03 before I biffed it on a wet restart.

ArcherWC
27th January 2008, 09:22
i'd say! bloody bur gul aaaaah

:stupid:Hell yeah, would be nice to win something for once, but looks like I left my run a bit late :doh:, now I will just have to live with getting spanked by the fast boys. oh well

ArcherWC
27th January 2008, 09:28
1.04 is fast enough to run top ten at the AMCC rounds I did. I qualified fifth with a 1.05 i think. Damp track but still sticky. Race times were a bit faster but 1.03 before I biffed it on a wet restart.

might have to get you to teach me how to sort my starts sometime, if you wouldnt mind

:love:you long time, or booze

dave o
27th January 2008, 09:36
3ma for the win bro post pics I miss my old ride, not many around now
nah not the 3ma. i got a vfr750 for racing. but i might do the 3ma in pre89's. those guys seem to be slower than clubmans and the bikes will be a closer match, unlike racing r1's and new gsxr's in clubmans D:!! i know a guy with a 3ma for sale, if you want one again.

Drew
27th January 2008, 10:25
might have to get you to teach me how to sort my starts sometime, if you wouldnt mind

:love:you long time, or booze

Not sure if I'm the guy to teach launching. I suck at it.

nah not the 3ma. i got a vfr750 for racing. but i might do the 3ma in pre89's. those guys seem to be slower than clubmans and the bikes will be a closer match, unlike racing r1's and new gsxr's in clubmans D:!! i know a guy with a 3ma for sale, if you want one again.

You're in for a nasty shock methinks man. I took my FZR pre '89, and couldn't believe the machinery out there. Methanol burning Z1's with 17" wheels and slicks, full ohlins and swanky brakes make very short work of what I thought was a competitive nike.

dave o
27th January 2008, 11:30
You're in for a nasty shock methinks man. I took my FZR pre '89, and couldn't believe the machinery out there. Methanol burning Z1's with 17" wheels and slicks, full ohlins and swanky brakes make very short work of what I thought was a competitive nike.

but theyre in the senior class. sure theyre racing at the same time, but theyre not racing with you.

FROSTY
27th January 2008, 11:35
Pre 89 is run as a seperate class from the posties (pre 82)
They are on track at the same time.I was doing 1..09s on my zxr400 in pre 89 junior and I think the fastest senior guy was doing 1.07's

Drew
27th January 2008, 13:46
and I think the fastest senior guy was doing 1.07's

Guess it wasn't Paul Wootan on his GSXR1100, or Paul Brigham on his methanol burner.

FROSTY
27th January 2008, 14:23
Nope --the fastest guy last season was on a gsxr7/11 -89 750 frame etc with the 1100 engine in it

boomer
27th January 2008, 14:39
I'd definitely take pole :first: then. Where do i sign up !?

FROSTY
27th January 2008, 14:55
Motre like take the pole as I recall boomer :girlfight:

ArcherWC
27th January 2008, 16:32
Not sure if I'm the guy to teach launching. I suck at it.

Cheers anyway, catch ya at the track

boomer
27th January 2008, 18:46
Motre like take the pole as I recall boomer :girlfight:

i prefer swedes and Finns but i don't mind the odd pole :cold: