PDA

View Full Version : Strange to me

Maha
26th January 2008, 23:18
One of those days today that if you had spare hour or two, suit up and get out there, warm/sunny and no wind. MadDuck called in for a visit and to show off her spunky new Harley (totally yum MD) Anne suggested i ride back with her, need no 2nd thought there! so i did.

Traffic was moderate/heavy heading south from here, but i intended to come back Via SH16/Woodcocks so all good. Heres the strange part, alot of Cruisers out today (more than Sports Bikes as it seemed)... i have friends that ride Cruisers, i rode with one today (but thats not the strange part) what is though, is that we past a Cruiser heading north on SH1 and im sure i got the fingers or some sort of hand gesture. The rider was wearing a singlet!...thats the strange part! to me anyway.

Ok it was hot and i dont care much if you dont wanna wear the gear you have paid quite a bit of money for, and as for the Politics on this subject? Well, i dont care about that either, wear what you like. Six other KBers turned up here later today and they saw the same rider and all commented on the 'Singlet' thing. Skin grafts cant hurt that much surely?

Not a rant, not a rave, just a biker political observation....
I just dont get some people

rainman
26th January 2008, 23:53
And there I was thinking us cruiser riders were intellectually superior!

:whistle: :lol:

Big Dave
26th January 2008, 23:57
No offence pal - I spent 10 times more reading the post than I actually care. His skin.

Maha
27th January 2008, 07:43
And there I was thinking us cruiser riders were intellectually superior!

:whistle: :lol:

No offence pal - I spent 10 times more reading the post than I actually care. His skin.

Like i said...''i dont care what ya wear'' and its not a dig at Cruiser dude's, i see it every day, its about the said biker not giving a shit about her/himself and yet by acknowledging me on the road...thinks i care enough to acknowledge back....i dont!...was very strange..to ME!....maybe i need more holidays?...:yes:

SixPackBack
27th January 2008, 07:57
Like i said...''i dont care what ya wear'' and its not a dig at Cruiser dude's, i see it every day, its about the said biker not giving a shit about her/himself and yet by acknowledging me on the road...thinks i care enough to acknowledge back....i dont!...was very strange..to ME!....maybe i need more holidays?...:yes:

I hear you. Incredulous is the word. The word Why? goes through my mind, then I shake my head and ride on.
Guess we pay through ACC when Squidmeat fucks up?

White trash
27th January 2008, 07:59
Yup. Can't wait till I've got myself a nice HD or a chopper. I'll be cruisin round, wearing my "Fat And Proud" singlet, and giving a single fingered salute to everything that even remotely looks like it's got a fairing.

White trash
27th January 2008, 07:59
Yet you cared enough to post a reply? Hmmmm......

awayatc
27th January 2008, 08:10
Draggin makes singlets....surely....No?:buggerd:

Big Dave
27th January 2008, 09:23
Yet you cared enough to post a reply? Hmmmm......

Maha gets consideration.

fliplid
27th January 2008, 09:32
Aint it like most things in life- you guage the risks, make your choices, oh, and then accept the consequences?

Trouser
27th January 2008, 09:57
Aint it like most things in life- you guage the risks, make your choices, oh, and then accept the consequences?

And every one pays for his ACC bill.

spookytooth
27th January 2008, 10:02
sheeze saw a lot of guys out on HD's yesterday wearing vests singlets or just T'shirts.Some even dared to ride over the hill to the Oak Funny thing was i didn't see any one fall off and it didn't seem to affected me.
PS some guys/gals even waved back

fliplid
27th January 2008, 10:18

Yup, agree with that, but at the same time, we all got to pay for those boy racer fekwits who drive irresponsibly as well. So aint this a lesson in accepting personal responsibilty and dealing with it?

Usarka
27th January 2008, 14:09
What seemed strange to me was stopping to help a guy on a triumph who'd run out of gas on SH1 south of auckland early afternoon yesterday. He'd been waiting 2 hours and i was the first person that stopped.....

maybe it was him flicking the bird at other bikers...

awayatc
27th January 2008, 20:06
Yup, agree with that, but at the same time, we all got to pay for those boy racer fekwits who drive irresponsibly as well. So aint this a lesson in accepting personal responsibilty and dealing with it?

Please put your name on a ballot and let me vote for you!:niceone:

( don't tell anybody but I used to ride without a helmet for years....and years, and I never had a bad crash yet!:bleh:)

The Stranger
29th January 2008, 16:55

What about the risks and consequences for the approaching bikes?
The cleavage was bad enough, but had one of those breasts actually dislogded as we approached it could have caused mayhem as 6 riders all tried to avoid it.

MadDuck
31st January 2008, 11:06
What about the risks and consequences for the approaching bikes?
The cleavage was bad enough, but had one of those breasts actually dislogded as we approached it could have caused mayhem as 6 riders all tried to avoid it.

And that is why I prefer not to wear a singlet but full gear......imagine the carnage from approaching blokes :shifty:

EnzoYug
13th February 2008, 00:08

No. Everyone pays for EVERYONES ACC bill. Otherwise it wouldn't be ACC, it'd be 'user pays'.

skidMark
13th February 2008, 00:59
Yup. Can't wait till I've got myself a nice HD or a chopper. I'll be cruisin round, wearing my "Fat And Proud" singlet, and giving a single fingered salute to everything that even remotely looks like it's got a fairing.

my bikes dont have fairings cus i take them off....

still trying to perfect my fairings which grip better than tyres...so far all testing has failed. many attempts.

Manxman
25th February 2008, 21:22

...his skin, our ACC premium...

Added: I thought that m'bike rego included an element of ACC, which due to the risk group that bikes fall into, is higher than other road users??? Stand to be corrected/more informed.

Bren
25th February 2008, 21:32
I know its off Topic Maha, but is the Road between Woodcocks and SH16 now sealed? I used to work on a farm at near Ahuroa years ago, and the road was always a pain in the ass for road bikes.(actually was at the corner of Komokoriki Hill Rd and west Coast Road)

Maha
25th February 2008, 21:48
I know its off Topic Maha, but is the Road between Woodcocks and SH16 now sealed? I used to work on a farm at near Ahuroa years ago, and the road was always a pain in the ass for road bikes.(actually was at the corner of Komokoriki Hill Rd and west Coast Road)

Woodcocks is all sealed, but do mean the rd off Woodcocks that goes through to Puhoi?....no thats not sealed, but its not that bad, haven't been over it on the bike but i know some who have, even cruisers....:eek: