PDA

View Full Version : Should 5,000-plus be taken seriously?

GSVR
28th January 2008, 08:39
Should people with over 5000 posts on here be totally respected or just viewed as internet timewasters with too much time on their hands?

Or when does posting on KB become an obsession.

Maybe theres a secret race on for the first person to reach 10000 posts! If not I'll start one by offering free bling to the winner.

Anyone wanna join my Bling Club?

Taz
28th January 2008, 08:41
Depends on how many of their posts are pure crap. Like Sniper etc. Half his post only say one word "repost"

crashe
28th January 2008, 08:43
The race to 10,000 posts has been and gone.......
some even made it to 12,000 posts.....

But then our master, SpankMe, changed things and everyone who posted in Rant and Rave got all their posts knocked back.......

Some took a huge drop in post counts.
Some lost about 7,000 posts in their haul.
While some only lost a few.......

So is the race back on again........ nah I don't think so.

MSTRS
28th January 2008, 08:45
Lots of us had over 10,000 posts. Until Spank removed the counts from more of the non-MC forums.:crybaby:

onearmedbandit
28th January 2008, 08:46
The real question is, should anyone care?

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 08:47
nice troll, for a noob.

Steam
28th January 2008, 08:54
Some of the big posters don't even have full licenses, so their opinions shouldn't be take too seriously regarding riding.

They just don't have social lives.

GSVR
28th January 2008, 08:56
nice troll, for a noob.

I'm no noob I'm in the top 200 out of 9370 KB members for posting.

JimO
28th January 2008, 08:56
Some of the big posters don't even have full licenses, so their opinions shouldn't be take too seriously regarding riding.

i agree im surprised at the posters who have ingrained attitudes and are under 20

yungatart
28th January 2008, 08:59
Should 5000 plus be taken seriously?
This is KB after all. Nothing should be taken seriously.

It is life, Jim, but not as we know it......

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 09:01
I'm no noob I'm in the top 200 out of 9370 KB members for posting.

Big ego for a noob too.

Matt Bleck
28th January 2008, 09:02
Depends on how many of their posts are pure crap. Like Sniper etc. Half his post only say one word "repost"
don't listen to this guy, he only has a 440 post count

Taz
28th January 2008, 09:06
I am not worthy I am not worthy...........:clap:

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 09:08
You're OK Anthrax - now get me a beer noob.

Taz
28th January 2008, 09:11

Thought you were into pink chardon?

Can you still buy that and Russel Kuhtze beer? I'm getting old......

Pex Adams
28th January 2008, 09:11

Beer?! Did someone mention free beer:jerry::jerry::jerry:

Riff Raff
28th January 2008, 09:12
Anyone noticed that since RnR doesn't count towards your post count that there are some on here (like Skidmark) who are posting in threads just for the sake of posting? Do they get my respect? Hell no. Then there are others who only post if they have something meaningful to say, and who's posts are worthy of being read.

Taz
28th January 2008, 09:13
Why don't you all come to sunny Waiuku for a beer? Nice ride for some of you. Pex you better get on the road soon dude or you'll be late.

Beemer
28th January 2008, 09:16
Anyone noticed that since RnR doesn't count towards your post count that there are some on here (like Skidmark) who are posting in threads just for the sake of posting? Do they get my respect? Hell no. Then there are others who only post if they have something meaningful to say, and who's posts are worthy of being read.

I hadn't even noticed that posts in Rant or Rave didn't add to your post count or that totals had been reduced until now. I used to have over 4000 so mine has gone down a lot. Some people don't listen to those who have only posted a few times, regardless of their actual motorcycling experience so it may affect that side of the forum. The thing is, if this forum was JUST about motorcycling, it wouldn't get the patronage it does. We are all more than just motorcyclists so we do like to talk about other things as well.

I must have joined back in 2002 so it's not like my post count has been arrived at in a few months. Maybe one thing that would be a good idea is to only count your first post in a thread - sometimes a thread can go on for pages and pages and you'll get some people who post several times in that thread. Count the first post they make then forget about the rest, because they are only posting about one thing.

MSTRS
28th January 2008, 09:25
....Count the first post they make then forget about the rest, because they are only posting about one thing.

NO!!!!! What about all the OT posts within a thread? Won't someone think of the children??

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 09:56
Why don't you all come to sunny Waiuku for a beer? Nice ride for some of you. Pex you better get on the road soon dude or you'll be late.

I gotta work around the house today - KB is avoidance.

GSVR
28th January 2008, 10:16
Big ego for a noob too.

If you'd said that a couple of hundredposts ago I may have been offended. But just looking back over the quality of your posting I now have serious doubts.

Nice troll for a trollspotter:zzzz:

Fatjim
28th January 2008, 10:23

Heck, some don't even have car licenses.

Hitcher
28th January 2008, 10:45
Yawn! Are there people with more than 5,000 posts? Amazing.

GSVR
28th January 2008, 11:31
I think my post count just went down but I can't be sure. Still got to keep the bling.

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 11:52
I plan to stop at 9,999 if 10k still gets a gay pride icon.

Kendog
28th January 2008, 12:00
10,000 posts = a really really good rider.

At least it does in gixxer.com

sunhuntin
28th January 2008, 12:01

the joys of having him on ignore... now the threads i read are like 65% on topic instead of 45%, lol!!

Mental Trousers
28th January 2008, 12:03
Lots of us had over 10,000 posts. Until Spank removed the counts from more of the non-MC forums.:crybaby:
That was a brilliant move. Surprised I didn't think of it myself actually. Oh well, I'll just have to come up with something else to try and lower the bullshit quotient.

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 12:07
Thought you were into pink chardon?

Only when sucked through a mash of fresh strawberries. like lollies that rip yer tits off.

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 12:08
If you'd said that a couple of hundredposts ago I may have been offended. But just looking back over the quality of your posting I now have serious doubts.

Nice troll for a trollspotter:zzzz:

Congrats - you have left the level of noobness.

Edbear
28th January 2008, 12:13
.. Then there are others who only post if they have something meaningful to say, and who's posts are worthy of being read.

:whistle::innocent::sunny:

MSTRS
28th January 2008, 12:44
That was a brilliant move. Surprised I didn't think of it myself actually. Oh well, I'll just have to come up with something else to try and lower the bullshit quotient.

Oi you!! Does your mother know what you get up to?
And her with her lawns that need doing, weed-filled gardens and house desperately in need of painting...away you go, there's a good lad.

gijoe1313
28th January 2008, 12:48
Burn them! Burn them all!

skelstar
28th January 2008, 12:49
Oh well, I'll just have to come up with something else to try and lower the bullshit quotient.
Well making someone a mod who has posted more than half their posts in OT would be an 'interesting' method ;)

Joni
28th January 2008, 12:52
Well making someone a mod who has posted more than half their posts in OT would be an 'interesting' method ;)Gah... dont even go there.... :thud:

Str8 Jacket
28th January 2008, 12:57

Heck, some don't even have car licenses.

I have a full bike licence but no car licence at all. I should probably almost never be taken seriously.

Mental Trousers
28th January 2008, 14:29
Well making someone a mod who has posted more than half their posts in OT would be an 'interesting' method ;)
There's a very good reason for that .... as you and everyone else will find out very soon. ;)

GSVR
28th January 2008, 14:37
There's a very good reason for that .... as you and everyone else will find out very soon. ;)

Doing a Victor Kiam ?

Kendog
28th January 2008, 15:31

Remove rep for Rant and Rave, including historical rep.

Why reward people for posting crap (I mean non-bike related stuff)

Joni
28th January 2008, 15:32
Remove rep for PD, including historical rep.

Why reward people for posting crap (I mean non-bike related stuff)I agree, but suggested the entire R&R... so only bike related stuff had rep attached to it.

Kendog
28th January 2008, 15:35
I agree, but suggested the entire R&R... so only bike related stuff had rep attached to it.

Doh, you are too fast.

I meant rant and rave, but you posted while I was still editing.

Joni
28th January 2008, 15:47
Doh, you are too fast.Many a person has challenged my lightening fingers and lost! :lol:

Pity my typing gets worse the faster I go :Oops:

But yeah... fully agree.... many peoples rep with drop by more than half! Bloody good I say.... the rep and post count challenge will soon end. :clap:

GSVR
28th January 2008, 15:49
I think my post count just went down but I can't be sure. Still got to keep the bling.

Thanks to the person that blinged me for this your a top bloke. Return Bling on the way!

merv
28th January 2008, 17:00
All my posts are totally sensible of course and I'm working my way back to 5,000 again after being robbed of just a few hundred on my count.

Coyote
28th January 2008, 17:09
Posts given green rep should only be counted :shifty:

Hoohoohoooo I'm evil

i agree im surprised at the posters who have ingrained attitudes and are under 20
Wanna take this outside huh punk?

AllanB
28th January 2008, 17:15
I don't care how many posts I make. Its the quality of my drivel I try to improve on :rolleyes:

And spelling :2thumbsup

GSVR
28th January 2008, 17:19
Seems these higher posters are like body builders. They go to the gym every day to work on their figures (posters gym is KB)

Then they get upset when they lose a few hundred posts like someones robbed them of their steriods or something.

Can see this getting put into PD soon

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 17:33
As I type this My post count is 5218.
That's exactly where I put it on my countdown of important things.

Maha
28th January 2008, 19:48
Lots of us had over 10,000 posts.

'Lots of us' !!......:killingme Come on John, dont you mean 'Lots of others'??...

ManDownUnder
28th January 2008, 19:54
The real question is, should anyone care?

...or should anyone with less than 2,000 posts have an opinion??? (p/t)... I'm actually with OAB on this one. What gets said is a lot more important than how often it's said.

NC
28th January 2008, 20:00
Who cares?

:Pokey:

Ixion
28th January 2008, 20:04
As I type this My post count is 5218.
That's exactly where I put it on my countdown of important things.

Come now, that is no way for an accountant to speak of numbers. Accountants live and breath by numbers. Just imagine the posts are beans. There, you think they are important now, do you not .

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 20:10
Come now, that is no way for an accountant to speak of numbers. Accountants live and breath by numbers. Just imagine the posts are beans. There, you think they are important now, do you not .

I'm an accountant?

I think if there are cheques in the book there is money in the account.

RC1
28th January 2008, 20:20
Like Sniper etc. Half his post only say one word "repost"

and others whos every second post is , SHOOT THEM or KILL THEM :shutup:

BAD DAD
28th January 2008, 20:22
nice troll, for a noob.

I got a brand new pair off roller skates..
you've got a brand noobe..

Ixion
28th January 2008, 20:24
I'm an accountant?

I think if there are cheques in the book there is money in the account.

Yes, your secret is out. You admitted that a Harley rider waved to you. They always recognise another of their number (number, geddit ?) . Dunno how, maybe some sort of aura of bean that hangs around a fellow bean counter. But, don't worry, you're among friends.

bugjuice
28th January 2008, 20:38
Should people with over 5000 posts on here be totally respected or just viewed as internet timewasters with too much time on their hands?

Or when does posting on KB become an obsession.
isn't it more a case of if you value their views? One might spout utter shit (a name comes to mind..) where as others only emerge from the dark if they have a valid pointed view. Which is going to be the higher? Really boils down to you. Do you accept their view/advice/knowledge? If not, move on, surely. If so, then they have your respect.

Maybe theres a secret race on for the first person to reach 10000 posts! If not I'll start one by offering free bling to the winner.
been and gone many times, like mentioned, until Spank changed things. Sniper was the first to hit it, and got close to (I thought) 14k or so..
not many (those who have been here long enough) care for bling. So bling away. Besides, since when as bling been paid for?

Anyone wanna join my Bling Club?
no.

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 20:40
Cool. I'm the accountant.

Send me the cheque book and the authority immediately.

Hey everyone! The booze and hookers are on Ixion

Accountants are dull. Next on BD mythbusters.

Brett
28th January 2008, 20:42
Hell no, I am too busy gaining a REAL LIFE and nt posting 20 times a day to achieve any huge post count. Many of the huge posters are 19 & 20 year olds who have nothing better to do and also have very little real life knowledge. Respect is something earnt, not just given due to ones post count.

GSVR
28th January 2008, 20:55

Congradulations on being the first one to get to 10 posts on this thread.

I must say I'm truely honoured to have so many of KBs finest posting here on a thread created by immaculate conception.

Big Dave
28th January 2008, 21:02
Congradulations on being the first one to get to 10 posts on this thread.

I must say I'm truely honoured to have so many of KBs finest posting here on a thread created by immaculate conception.

What honorarium do you get when you are boss of the accountants?

GaZBur
28th January 2008, 21:19
OMG - at my current rate of posting I will hit 5000 posts in Sept 2024. So you can take me seriously then. Untill then I guess I am a n00bie! Actually that will be two months before I hit retirement age and will have time to follow all these useless non bike related threads.

Ixion
28th January 2008, 21:24

Certainly. Whenever money is required, I always ask the accountants (that's you ) to provide it. The simplest way would be if you were to issue me an (unlimited) credit card. Just take care of the bills as they arrive. That's what accountants do, pay the bills. They always have money, y' just have to twist their arms a bit.