PDA

View Full Version : Bucket calendar - Wellington area

quallman1234
28th January 2008, 15:58
Bucket Calendar - Wellington
http://www.bucketracing.co.nz/index.php?pg=events

Sully60
28th January 2008, 16:37
Since we have a new thread i thought i might as well post her up for anyone who hasn't seen it and of course claim the first ever post.

OOHHHH AHHHHH
The first ever post in "buckets" You the man Kyle! But you might want to check the use of the Norf Welly Massif name, aren't you in the Hutt?:oi-grr:
Don't make me go all NWM Legal on your arse!:bleh:

Skunk
28th January 2008, 16:51
If you want to subscribe to an iCal type calendar for the events PM me for the details.

Here's (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1395930#post1395930) an .ics calendar of the dates you can download this one (just change .doc to .ics)

PS Fast Bastard eh Kyle?

quallman1234
28th January 2008, 17:01
OOHHHH AHHHHH
Don't make me go all NWM Legal on your arse!:bleh:
Oh too late, I can't Change it too, "Hutt/Whitby Bucket Boys and Girls" :laugh:. - Now that just sounds queer doesn't it?

Im not quite a fast bastard yet, But ive got the bastard part going alright! You should see how i treat women! :msn-wink::niceone::bleh::no:

Slingshot
28th January 2008, 20:09
REPOST :lol:

Trudes
7th March 2009, 05:07
Any chance we can have some dates for this year sometime soon please :) (So we don't all go making plans to find out there are buckets that day and half of us can't come... )

nudemetalz
7th March 2009, 11:57
Here it is.
It's as accurate as I can get it because the Kart club has only published up to the end of July in their calendar, but their basis is every 3rd Sunday of the month.

Cheers

Trudes
7th March 2009, 12:38
Awesome thanks Nudeys! Nobody can complain we won't get enough bucketing in this year eh, three weekends in a row in April!! :woohoo:

quallman1234
7th March 2009, 14:13
Not to steal your shit. But updated for you mate :).

nudemetalz
7th March 2009, 15:59
Sweet as, Kyle
Bayden did the spread sheet, I just updated it, so it's really his thunder :)

Kendog
7th March 2009, 16:22
Question. Are we not having the every other month at Kaitoke as buckets only?

nudemetalz
7th March 2009, 18:35
Well, every 3rd Sunday is a Kart club day. We will run with them on the alternate days to the Slipway meeting. Makes it a whole lot easier if only for the bugbear of 7.30am start !!
However, during that month of the Slipway meetings, as long as it's doesn't clash with that, we can also do the Kaitoke meetings.
For example, in August we'll be doing Round 5 of the points round at the Slipway on 23rd August, but we can do an unofficial non-points round meeting if we get more than 6 bikes at the Kaitoke Kart meet on 16th August.

As far as bucket only events - the only ones marked on the calendar are the 22/3 event and the Easter one (in orange on the calendar). We can do further bucket-only ones if those 2 are successful and I'll update the calendar as we plan them.

Nudey.

Kendog
7th March 2009, 20:00
Sounds cool, just as long as the Kart guys don't mind us running at least two groups when we are with them.

nudemetalz
7th March 2009, 21:32
Not in the slightest, as long as we have at least 6 per class.

Kendog
8th March 2009, 10:31
Not in the slightest, as long as we have at least 6 per class.

How made the 6 rule?
They race classes with 2/3 karts on the track.

Just curious in case we don't get 6 B grade bikes.

nudemetalz
8th March 2009, 10:36
Well, just going by what Gary said but if 8 bikes turned up and 6 went out in A & then B with different riders then that would be fine wouldn't it ?

Kendog
8th March 2009, 10:42
That sounds good to me. If you mean 6 bikes in A grade then 2 bikes in B grade (I think that's what you meant)

nudemetalz
8th March 2009, 11:18
Not exactly.
What I meant was 8 bikes turned up.
6 bikes went out and raced in A & then the 2 B class bikes lined up with 4 from the A-grade have B grade riders on them go out again.
Like say Fishy, Sully, Saxet and me gave our bikes to some others to get an opportunity to ride.

Just an idea.

Trudes
8th March 2009, 13:36
I think if only 2 B grade people turned up at a points round at Kaitoke it wouldn't be too hard to see who came first and second between the two of them if they just rode with the A grade riders. Might be a bit harder if there were say 4 or 5.

nudemetalz
8th March 2009, 14:29
It was only an example !!:brick:

Trudes
8th March 2009, 14:48
I realise that but then the example turns to reality. So we need at minimum 6 B grade (or A grade) riders to have a seperate session class at Kaitoke otherwise we all ride together?

Bsym1
8th March 2009, 14:59
Looks good lads. Makes us slow B graders race a bit faster if we are lumped in with the A grade, just need to run a handicap.

nudemetalz
8th March 2009, 15:13
The plan has always been that once our two trial race meetings were up that we would be running 2 classes. ,if that means we have 2 bikes in B and 16 in A, well so be it.
Ideally it is best we try to have equal numbers in both classes though.

Sometimes I wonder if I was wise taking on this responsibility.......:crazy:

Str8 Jacket
8th March 2009, 15:18
Cheers for the calender! Unfortunately there are a few dates that coincide with VMCC so will try and make as many as possible but likely hood of racing at Kaitoke minimal this year sorry C. Will be there for Easter though!!! :yes:

Trudes
8th March 2009, 15:47
The plan has always been that once our two trial race meetings were up that we would be running 2 classes. ,if that means we have 2 bikes in B and 16 in A, well so be it.
Ideally it is best we try to have equal numbers in both classes though.

Couldn't agree more, would be great to have as many come along as possible. Riding with the A grade riders doesn't make me faster it just scares the shit out of me and I feel like I'm in the way the whole time and spend a lot of time trying to keep out of other's way, it puts me off and end up not enjoying the whole exercise. However if there were only 2 or 3 of us B grade riders there then I guess we'd have to suck it up and just get on with it eh.

Again, "Share the load".

Kendog
8th March 2009, 17:19

Don't take my questions as criticism, cause I appreciate the effort you are putting in. Rather you than me.

But I know you want feedback, and my feedback is there needs to be two classes if you want people enjoying points races. I certainly don't enjoy being lapped continuously by bikes going considerably quicker than I am. And last year I heard certain 'A' grade riders asking people to ride in the 'B' grade as they were slow and getting in the way.

saxet
8th March 2009, 18:19
Hey if it helps people get out racing I'll lend my bike to a B grader as long as they promise to be "nice". By that I mean nicer than say Fish might be...should give you some scope as he does occaisionally crash borrowed bikes. I can say that at the mo as I haven't yet crashed anyone elses bike.

Skunk
8th March 2009, 19:09
I'll attempt to get those on the Bucket Racing site.
Is anyone using it? I won't renew it if it's not going to be used.

Kendog
8th March 2009, 19:23

I have been looking at it, it's a great site.

Trudes
8th March 2009, 19:55
Yep I look at it and it's great for non-KBers to see what's going on and easy to see what's going on around the country.

Skunk
8th March 2009, 20:33
I have been looking at it, it's a great site.

Yep I look at it and it's great for non-KBers to see what's going on and easy to see what's going on around the country.

In that case can you two check I've put all the Welly dates on it correctly? :lol:

Trudes
8th March 2009, 20:38
In that case can you two check I've put all the Welly dates on it correctly? :lol:

From what I can see.:bleh:

fi5hy
13th March 2009, 20:14
Hey if it helps people get out racing I'll lend my bike to a B grader as long as they promise to be "nice". By that I mean nicer than say Fish might be...should give you some scope as he does occaisionally crash borrowed bikes. I can say that at the mo as I haven't yet crashed anyone elses bike.

I am nice but some bikes are'nt nice back

all4A50s
26th March 2009, 02:32

I look at it 2-4 month and am constantly directing people to it who are interested in finding out more about buckets.

You have done and am doing a fantastic job on it.

RocKai
26th March 2009, 03:41
When and where is the next closest date?

Skunk
26th March 2009, 09:04
When and where is the next closest date?
Have a look here (http://www.bucketracing.co.nz).

Charlie Brown moment...

xr-rider
5th April 2009, 14:36

are you going to be at the slipway meet on the 26th april? im keen. how much gas money do you want?

saxet
18th April 2009, 09:36
are you going to be at the slipway meet on the 26th april? im keen. how much gas money do you want?

Got distracted on other threads.. call it $10 for gas,

Skunk
3rd November 2010, 17:58
TSS Red Baron - King of Kaitoke
Wellington - Kaitoke: F4 and F5 Bucket Racing Series 2011

Round 1 Jan 16
Round 2 Feb 20
Round 3 March 20
Round 4 April 17
Round 5 May 15

Classes:
Maidstone Yamaha A Grade: Under 45 sec per lap
Motorad B Grade: Over 45 sec per lap
Rules as per MNZ regs for F4/F5

Prices:
$35 Per Round Kartsport Members
$45 Per Round Non Members

ALL BIKES REQUIRE FULL NYLON PROTECTION

One practice and 5 rounds of racing
Points taken from race 2/3/4 per meeting

Prizes for:
Maidstone Yamaha King of Kaitoke A Grade
Motorad Wellington King of Kaitoke B Grade
Motomart Rookie Of The Year
Richards M/C Most Improved New Comer
Scooterazzi Best Presented Bucket
TSS Red Baron Most Points Overall

Supported By:
TSS Red Baron Motorcycles
Maidstone Yamaha
Motorad Wellington
Motomart
Richards Motorcycles
Scooterazzi
Wynns Wellington
Please support these bike shops as they support us

Kendog
4th November 2010, 11:47
Holy moly, that is awesome!!

A huge thanks to all involved in setting this up.

Str8 Jacket
4th November 2010, 12:06
TSS Red Baron - King of Kaitoke

Can anyone tell me if this is a bucket only event or will there be karts there too?

fi5hy
4th November 2010, 19:56
Can anyone tell me if this is a bucket only event or will there be karts there too?

Sorry all the race days are with the karts so you get a bit of time between races to adjust your machine.

Str8 Jacket
4th November 2010, 19:59
Sorry all the race days are with the karts so you get a bit of time between races to adjust your machine.

Cheers
<timesten>

saxet
4th November 2010, 20:37
Thats absolutely stunning!!:shit:

OLDMAN
4th November 2010, 21:17
Looks like fun me & him will be there.

fi5hy
21st November 2010, 07:52

Two of the three trophy's up for grabs in the TSS Red Baron King of Kaitoke 2011 the other not in shot is the biggest of the three and is awarded for the most points over all.

Shown here is the Motorad A Grade and the Maidstone Yamaha B Grade

koba
21st November 2010, 21:15

Two of the three trophy's up for grabs in the TSS Red Baron King of Kaitoke 2011 the other not in shot is the biggest of the three and is awarded for the most points over all.

Shown here is the Motrad A Grade and the Maidstone Yamaha B Grade

Brill, quite a few people have asked me if there is any local Motard racing.
I now know where to point them :)

fi5hy
22nd November 2010, 06:46
Buckets only big boy Motorad Cup not (motard)

koba
22nd November 2010, 20:59
Buckets only big boy Motorad Cup not (motard)

Fuck I'm a Munter!

F5 Dave
23rd November 2010, 08:08
Heeey! Someone's opened the trophy! probably drunk it too.

Str8 Jacket
23rd November 2010, 09:16
Fuck I'm a Munter!

Yes

<quite right>

fi5hy
5th January 2011, 08:20
king of kaitoke

two weeks to go

be there>

Trudes
5th January 2011, 09:41
umm, ok.:blink:

koba
5th January 2011, 23:04
I couldn't possibly stand being labeled [ ] so I shall endeavor to be there.

F5 Dave
6th January 2011, 08:14
Hey Fishie, why not do an email drop? Not everyone is on this site. I tried a while back but our system at werk blocks mass mailouts it seems.

fi5hy
6th January 2011, 10:15
I'll try to get bayden to send it out

Str8 Jacket
11th January 2011, 12:21
Sorry to ask the same question a million fucken times but what time on Sun do we need to be there?

F5 Dave
11th January 2011, 13:27
Seems to be on the flyer.

Opens 8, practice 9:30, so really before 9.

Str8 Jacket
11th January 2011, 13:53
Seems to be on the flyer.

Opens 8, practice 9:30, so really before 9.

Cheers mister!. I hadn't seen the flyer just checked through the posts here...

Timber020
21st April 2012, 17:02
Is anyone able to update the calender?

mossy1200
14th October 2012, 10:18
I heard a whisper that carts only 3rd weekend this month for nz champ event and normal riding is 4th weekend this month (October).

Is this true or bad info?

White trash
14th October 2012, 11:30
1st Round of TSS Red Baron, King Of Kaitoke is October 28th I believe. This would tend to support your whispering voice.

mossy1200
14th October 2012, 20:53
1st Round of TSS Red Baron, King Of Kaitoke is October 28th I believe. This would tend to support your whispering voice.

Awesome. Im on call next weekend so it suits me for it to be the following.

Edit. Its P Holiday next weekend and im on call again. I pulled Shitz shifts all year. Im on for new years also.

koba
28th January 2014, 17:30
I see this is well out of date...

If any newcomer or interested person wants to come and check out buckets, the best be it to check the Kartsport Wellington website, we run with them at their club days.

They can be found here:

www.kartsportwellington.co.nz

This includes directions to the track etc...

rustyrobot
15th March 2014, 19:44
I see this is well out of date...

If any newcomer or interested person wants to come and check out buckets, the best be it to check the Kartsport Wellington website, we run with them at their club days.

They can be found here:

www.kartsportwellington.co.nz

This includes directions to the track etc...

Kartsport website says club day on Sunday 16 March but nothing mentioned on KB.

How wet does it have to get before riding is stopped?

F5 Dave
16th March 2014, 10:30
Yeah kinda assumed it would be lashed out, but there you go. Has been cancelled once I remember.

koba
16th March 2014, 15:28
Kartsport website says club day on Sunday 16 March but nothing mentioned on KB.

How wet does it have to get before riding is stopped?

Normally pretty damn wet.

It was on today, very low turnout for karts and bikes.
We started the day today but with only 4 bikes.

After a crash at the start of race one we were down to two!

Did a few play around races then packed up.

Shame as it was really nice up there most of the day.

It's usually posted on here but less so as it slows down to a hardcore bunch of KB peeps.

F5 Dave
16th March 2014, 17:38
I think people assumed it would be lashed out by lunchtime. Also with 2 days of GP last weekend I was a bit raced out

koba
16th March 2014, 18:03
I think people assumed it would be lashed out by lunchtime. Also with 2 days of GP last weekend I was a bit raced out

Poooooofs!

F5 Dave
16th March 2014, 18:38
But not enough to start on my 50 refit.

koba
14th April 2018, 10:31
http://kartsportwellington.nz/

For any upcoming event days.
Buckets run at club days but not larger regional/national kart events.