PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays - tyre warmers

R6_kid
28th January 2008, 18:44
Had been having a chat to my mate about tyre usage etc, especially in conjunction with trackdays etc and the topic of tyre warmers came up.

I am led to believe that using tyre warmers and keeping your tyres up to temperature for the day rather than letting them cool down in between sessions will extend the lifetime of the tyre compound. Add this to the fact that they enable you to go pretty much full tit from the get go and it seems like a good idea to have them at the track!

How much you pay to hire a set of warmers and a pair of stands for the day?

Power supply is another issue but I guess that you could make generators available too.

White trash
28th January 2008, 19:00
Hang on, you want people to hire them off you or you wanna hire them for yourself?

I'm very wary about who uses my tyre warmers as they're not only bloody expensive, they need to be cared for properly as they're easy to bugger.

R6_kid
28th January 2008, 19:06
Saw that a couple of people in Aussie do it and was just wanting to see if it is feasible to do it in NZ.

Mort
28th January 2008, 20:30
I think you not get much change from $500 for a set plus stands (probably more for a good durable set of warmers)... then you might have to add generators (unless you can do a deal with the track for electric)

R6_kid
28th January 2008, 20:36
Yeh, I understand that. At the moment my thought is somewhere in the region of $50-$70 for the day.