PDA

View Full Version : South Island Bucketeers

dangerous
28th January 2008, 20:08
Just letting any locals to Christchurch know that we have our own F4/F5 bucket club, www.bmrc.co.nz
Pop in and have a look at whats happening in Chch and the south Island, all relavent info from building a bike up, gears, rules, forums and MNZ regulations etc.

Skunk
28th January 2008, 20:12
Well worth signing up too. The regular (if somewhat 'dangerese' english) emails are worth the price*.

*The price of having to converse with 'Mainlanders' :lol:

Hey DD, what's up with the front page?

gav
28th January 2008, 20:16
You on Firefox or IE?
For some reason it doesn't handle Firefox, seems to come up OK in IE.

dangerous
28th January 2008, 20:49
think Gaves onto it, not sure sorry... beyond me.

gav
28th January 2008, 20:54
You should put on the site somewhere "This website best viewed in IE"
Seriously, its not that uncommon to come across!

Skunk
28th January 2008, 21:09
I'm on Safari 3. So it doesn't work on 'standards compliant' browsers huh?

Oh well, IE is not an option for me.

You should put on the site somewhere "This website best viewed in IE"
Seriously, its not that uncommon to come across!That's a cop-out for piss poor coding and testing. IMHO :killingme

pommie-shotgun
12th November 2009, 21:38
hi just moved to north cant, wanna do bucket racing, do they do practice days regularly at ruapuna? just wondered, and would you know if a 140 pit bike would be eligible with slicks and 12/12 wheels minimotard sorta thing is was becoming really big in the uk, if you have time look at the supermoto pictures on this website www.monstermoto.co.uk cheers m8

Buddha#81
16th November 2009, 09:19
hi just moved to north cant, wanna do bucket racing, do they do practice days regularly at ruapuna? just wondered, and would you know if a 140 pit bike would be eligible with slicks and 12/12 wheels minimotard sorta thing is was becoming really big in the uk, if you have time look at the supermoto pictures on this website www.monstermoto.co.uk cheers m8

Eligability my be a bit curly, BUT i'm sure you would be allowed to run it, It would be a long way around the full curcuit though.

pommie-shotgun
17th November 2009, 19:57
:eek:cheers man,
is there anywhere around north cant that do buckets, ino theres afew kart tracks about, afew websites or points in the right direction would be well apreciated

Buddha#81
18th November 2009, 20:58
:eek:cheers man,
is there anywhere around north cant that do buckets, ino theres afew kart tracks about, afew websites or points in the right direction would be well apreciated

we are racing at Ruapuna on Saturday so if you make it into town come and make yourself known.

timg
18th November 2009, 21:32
We are? :confused: Wots on?

gav
18th November 2009, 23:05
Ummmm yeah Buddha, wot you talking about? :confused:

Buddha#81
19th November 2009, 07:29
sorry I was talking shit........For some dopy reason I thought it was KOR Rd 3.....hahahaha

gav
13th July 2012, 21:13
Just an update, BRMC now has a Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316104995150249/?ref=ts

YoungAndDumb
3rd June 2013, 11:24
Is BMRC still up and running?
I'm new to Christchurch and real keen on this, but it looks like neither the website nor the facebook page have been updated in a rather long time.

Muzzab
3rd June 2013, 19:14
Check out the fxr150.co.nz website, a lot of people involved in bucket racing in CHCH use that site.
The BMRC has gone a bit quiet of late.

Cheers
Muzza

YoungAndDumb
29th June 2013, 23:19
I hear there is a bucket meet this saturday at B-track.
Really keen to get into this but am really struggling to find info.

Can someone with either some knowledge, or knows where i should look flick me a message?

dangerous
30th June 2013, 08:16
I hear there is a bucket meet this saturday at B-track.
Really keen to get into this but am really struggling to find info.

Can someone with either some knowledge, or knows where i should look flick me a message?

next BEARs meet is 06/07 B track Ruapuna
next CAMs meet is 28/09 Levels
next MCC meet is 13/07 Levels

dont quote me tho, club web sites
http://www.mci.net.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
http://cams-racing.org.nz/?p=home
http://www.bearsracing.co.nz/

diesel pig
18th August 2014, 00:45
I attended the BEARS AGM and proposed they take over looking after the Bucket W.S. points which they agreed to do.
So all need to do now is enter a BEARS W.S. meeting with your Bucket and be in the running for points!
You will be able to check out your points on the BEARS site.http://www.bearsracing.co.nz/
If you ride hard and finish as many races has you can you too could get your name engraved on a big assed trophy along
With 15+ passed Bucket Winter Series Champions!
The BEARS W.S. is run mostly on Ruapuna “B” track one of the very best Bucket racing tracks in the South Island.
The legendary “B” track with its combination of fast and tight corners with only two short straights makes for some
Great Bucket racing. The “B” track is to be the site for the South Island Bucket racing event of the year. The Epic
Battle of the Buckets on Oct 18th . So not only will the BEARS meetings on the 24th of August and Sept 14th be a brilliant
Days Bucket racing but will also be a chance to get your eye in and machine set up for your pursuit of ultimate Bucket
racing Glory at the B.O.B Win-Win mates!
It’s also worth bearing in mind for Bucketeers with CAMS bikes the BEARS CAMS class at the W.S. is now open to PRE 89
Bikes as the usual PRE 63,72 and 82 bikes. The BEARS club also have a club bike(Check the BEARS site for details) for hire
for those that want to try BEARS racing for themselves.
I have attached the BEARS Winter Series Bucket points 2014 as of the 3nd Round if anyone could let me know who no’s
72 & 83 are it will save the lovely and hard working Mel of the BEARS club the task of going thru the entry lists after she
Takes over looking after the points from the 4th round.
Cheers

F5 Dave
18th August 2014, 10:16
Better make that correction to 18 Oct for the BOB. 10th may make things a little thin on the ground for a friday meet:shit:

diesel pig
18th August 2014, 16:52
Yeah Cheers Dave changed it.

dangerous
18th August 2014, 18:12
I miss you guys... :weep::weep::weep::finger:

timg
18th August 2014, 20:15
I attended the BEARS AGM and proposed they take over looking after the Bucket W.S. points which they agreed to do.
So all need to do now is enter a BEARS W.S. meeting with your Bucket and be in the running for points!
You will be able to check out your points on the BEARS site.http://www.bearsracing.co.nz/
If you ride hard and finish as many races has you can you too could get your name engraved on a big assed trophy along
With 15+ passed Bucket Winter Series Champions!
The BEARS W.S. is run mostly on Ruapuna “B” track one of the very best Bucket racing tracks in the South Island.
The legendary “B” track with its combination of fast and tight corners with only two short straights makes for some
Great Bucket racing. The “B” track is to be the site for the South Island Bucket racing event of the year. The Epic
Battle of the Buckets on Oct 18th . So not only will the BEARS meetings on the 24th of August and Sept 14th be a brilliant
Days Bucket racing but will also be a chance to get your eye in and machine set up for your pursuit of ultimate Bucket
racing Glory at the B.O.B Win-Win mates!
It’s also worth bearing in mind for Bucketeers with CAMS bikes the BEARS CAMS class at the W.S. is now open to PRE 89
Bikes as the usual PRE 63,72 and 82 bikes. The BEARS club also have a club bike(Check the BEARS site for details) for hire
for those that want to try BEARS racing for themselves.
I have attached the BEARS Winter Series Bucket points 2014 as of the 3nd Round if anyone could let me know who no’s
72 & 83 are it will save the lovely and hard working Mel of the BEARS club the task of going thru the entry lists after she
Takes over looking after the points from the 4th round.
Cheers Awesome work DP

timg
15th January 2016, 19:42
Hi folks,

At a recent CAMS Committee meeting it was agreed that all CAMS club days will include a seperate race class for F4 Buckets if sufficient numbers of buckets turn up (10 or more) rather than being run with street stock 150's etc. Buckets are also eligible for and will be allowed to run in the Junior Clubmans.

This should eliminate the grizzles about running Buckets with SS/250 4T and eliminate the confusion about Buckets running in Junior Clubmans where they have sometimes been allowed and sometimes not.

So the long and short of it is that if there's a reasonable bucket turn out there will be a bucket race and buckets can get a second run in the Jnr Clubmans if they want to. So thats two races per round for NZ's premier race class :grin: Don't bugger it up by taking out the SS/250 4T fella's.

N.B. Doesn't apply to Methven or Southern Classic Festival.

Pre 82 Cup Jan 23rd Full track Ruapuna
All usual classes - Pre 63, Vintage, Pre 72, Pre 82, Pre 89, Buckets, Junior
and Senior Clubmans.
Sign on 8.00-9.15am
Riders Breifing 9.30am
Machine examination 8.00-9.30am
Practice from 9.45am
Race entry $70.00, $30.00 Juniors and classics (Pre63)
*Includes Pre 82 Cup race with trophies for Senior and Junior
*Also includes 3rd round of the CAMS annual handicap points series
No fuel will be avaliable at the track. .

All welcome including new riders and members
Prize giving a few beers after racing in the Car Club bar

Cheers.

timg
28th October 2016, 15:08
Seems that BEARS are now willing to run F4/Buckets on the full track if a minimum of 10 turn up at the next meeting.

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=809d3a0ee0b3f97d2afb61c22&id=c615541734&e=2acaf430bb (http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=809d3a0ee0b3f97d2afb61c22&id=c615541734&e=2acaf430bb)
Unfortunately I can't be there that race (I had given up on BEARS meetings due to the Tri-Oval thing and haven't kept the day free for racing :( ) but it would be great to get a good turn out of buckets and hopefully that will encourage BEARS to support Buckets running on the full track at all their Winter Series meetings. Cheers.