PDA

View Full Version : Kawazaki ZZR's 250's Vs ZXR's

RPM91
16th November 2004, 13:31
Hey guys which ones out of these bikes are better ??? just need abit of advice as I might buy a 1994 ZZR 250 but im unsure of what the ZXR's are like

カワサキキド
16th November 2004, 13:40
For a start you are comparing a two cylinder to a four...a tourer to a sports...my advice take both for a test ride.

avgas
16th November 2004, 13:41
its really a choice of taste. which one do you prefer the looks of? also jump on them and find which is more comfortable for you (i find the zzr more comfortable)
How much are you going to spend on a 94? cos those GSX250 are really nice, and they are only $6000 NEW!!!!!

カワサキキド
16th November 2004, 13:44
Go here www.motorbikes.be/en/compare/784/660/

カワサキキド
16th November 2004, 13:45
How much are you going to spend on a 94? cos those GSX250 are really nice, and they are only $6000 NEW!!!!!
But they are so slow and.....suzukish :Pokey:

RPM91
16th November 2004, 14:07
Does any one know what both of these bikes top speeds are ?

aff-man
16th November 2004, 14:11
ridden both. The zzr handels like a sport tourer would its heavy and really really slow compared to the zxr. The zxr on the other hand wants to be ridden, handels like a dream and is a way better bike on the whole. But i only rode a zzr once and the zxr for over a year. But still the zxr is the way better of the 2 performance wise. Comfort wise i suppose the zzr would be better.

bear
16th November 2004, 14:13
Only ridden the ZZR, but really easy bike to ride.
Agree with previous comment, take both for a ride as they seem like quite different rides and would depend on what you want.

aff-man
16th November 2004, 14:16
Does any one know what both of these bikes top speeds are ?

dunno the zzr but i got my zxr up to $1.93

Magua
16th November 2004, 14:42
dunno the zzr but i got my zxr up to $1.93

$1.93? umm fasT?

Cajun
16th November 2004, 14:52
zzr250 was a good bike i had one for 4 years and done 40,000+ kms on it i taught 2 people to ride on it, top speed i once saw 180+ on it, its an parell twin so its no match for top speed of a zxr250(190-200km/h).

But due to zxr being high reving, it has nothing down low which the zzr as plenty of pulling power, and other thing if you look at carrying pillions zzr250 is a great bike zxr250 is not, me and my wife two up did 700kms in one day on the zzr250(okay we stop positions but still it handles two up easy) Wife and a friend of hers blew past harleys at 150+ they though it was a 600, and got bummed when told it was a 250, thats the other good thing it looks like a big bike,

Due to twin engine, cheaper servicings, etc compared to an in line 4, just as make sure if you get a zzr250 service them every 5000-6000kms even if its just server/filter, makes it alot better, i never had a problem in mine, in whole time i had it.

justsomeguy
16th November 2004, 15:28
Like aff-man says.......

If you want to race around get the ZXR.

If you want to cruise around get the ZZR.

I guess you can get used to anything if you want to. But the ZZR is way more comfy. The ZXR though is smaller in appearance and wayy cooler to look at and ride.

Think about what you want. Looks or comfort...... by the way I think the ZZR looks great - especially in black. Especially since I own one :shifty:

justsomeguy
16th November 2004, 15:35
ridden both. The zzr handels like a sport tourer would its heavy and really really slow compared to the zxr.
Really? Is it that bad????? :argh:

aff-man
16th November 2004, 15:58
Really? Is it that bad????? :argh:

Speed wise yip but then i wasn't ringing it's guts out. As for handeling well for the past year and a half all i've ridden are sportsbikes so i am used to putting the sholder into the turns etc. But i know a couple people on zzr's who have no trouble keeping up :whistle: :whistle:

justsomeguy
16th November 2004, 16:43
hmmmmm........... I guess a bad mechanic always blames his tools huh?

aff-man
16th November 2004, 17:00
hmmmmm........... I guess a bad mechanic always blames his tools huh?

:Playnice: :Playnice: zxr's ARE much better than zzr's when it comes to the way I ride so the zzr does not preform up to speck compared to the zxr. And i was comparing my experience when first riding the zzr and first riding the zxr. So i am not blaming the tools i AM SAYING that zxr's ARE better than zxr's (MY OPINION) so lets me and you go on a ride and see who is a bad mechanic aye :finger:

justsomeguy
16th November 2004, 21:38
But i know a couple people on zzr's who have no trouble keeping up :whistle: :whistle::Oi: No dammit - you got it the other way round. I am not arguing against you. I know the ZXR is better it weighs less and has more power and bigger rubber (grip) and better brakes, etc, etc so it anhilates the ZZR in most departments.

What I was saying is that the ZXR is better - unless you are a super rider then it doesn't really matter what you are riding. A beginner on the ZXR will be much faster than on a ZZR. But a more experienced person may be able to keep up. Understand ??? . Now put that finger back in your :shake: hehehehehehehehehe

And you in your flash ZXR400 against me (dumbass noobie) on a ZZR250? Well Ok, David did it to Goliath didn't he???

But then I'll get in my cage and you get in yours and we'll have another run ok?? :2thumbsup

aff-man
16th November 2004, 22:04
Hahahah bloody forms sorry mate just a misinterperate. It's been one of those days. :beer: :beer: . Hows the zzr coming along anyway any eta of when it will be done???

justsomeguy
17th November 2004, 08:41
eh:) no worries..........

Friday morning is what ricky said. he's dropping it off at my crib then on his way to work.

Gonna cost $1030
For 2 new sprockets
New Ohlins chain
Front shocks over hauled
New bearings
Oil/coolant/all the drinkable stuff replaced
Full service - carbs balanced, alternator or something that sounds similar redone/replaced, blah, blah, blah

I've told Ricky to leave the fairings off. I'll put them back on when I get a bit more confidence/practice.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait -

*Goes and looks outside to see perchance if Ricky is early*

But you don't worry about all this - just make sure you do well in the exams - cos grades do matter to employers especially at this stage of your education. BELIEVE ME.