PDA

View Full Version : Torque Settings for Bearings

rendog
16th November 2004, 18:43
Does anyone know the torque settings for the big and small end bearings for a ZXR250? Engine developed a rattle, have started pulling the engine apart and there are bits of copper in the bottom of the sump. So I need the torque settings for when I put it back together. Are they the same as a 400? Cheers.

カワサキキド
19th November 2004, 13:49
I do for the A but not for the C model

vifferman
19th November 2004, 14:06
Sorry, I don't.

But the muffler bearings should be torqued to 20footpounds or pound foots.

rendog
20th November 2004, 15:22
The settings for the "A" might do, cant see how much difference there would be, still an inline 4 with double over head cams and 4 valves per cylinder?

カワサキキド
21st November 2004, 15:05
PM me your email, and I'll send you the diagrams

Artifice
21st November 2004, 23:42
hmm, sounds like the shims are fubar. did the last person put em in backwards?
dont laugh, but they have a little tag on em to stop incorrect placement. well somebody manage to get em in backwards on a mates vtr250, broke the tag off, the oil holes didnt line up and the bearing ran dry and well they dont last long without lubrication.

カワサキキド
22nd November 2004, 15:16
It the Fan switch sensor located on the right or the left hand side of your radiator?

I'm asking because in the sevice manual it's located on the right, but on my bike it's on the left.
The previous owner had a low km engine put in her, and I suspect most of the running gear, and I'm wondering if it was from a C model ZXR.

rendog
22nd November 2004, 17:57
The fan switch is on the right hand side. Ive pm'ed you my email address, cheers.

カワサキキド
22nd November 2004, 21:49
The fan switch is on the right hand side. Ive pm'ed you my email address, cheers.
Now I'm even more confused :blink:
I've mailed you those pics

rendog
23rd November 2004, 17:43
for those of you who dont know, カワサキキド is the man, has saved me a lot of time and money. I am very gratefull.