PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to CDMTCI

Busted
16th November 2004, 21:34
Central District Motorcycle Touring Club aka CDMTCI aka CD's

CD's was formed in 1982 by a group of riders with a common interest in road touring, to this day that remains the common focus of the club and its members. We became an incorported society in 2003 and currently have over 40 members. The club is based in Palmerston North with the majority of members in the Manawatu and Horewhenua. We also have members as far away as Christchurch and Hastings.

The club keeps members up to date of coming events with monthly meetings and a monthly newsletter 'The Motorcyclist'.

Regular club rides are held, including economy runs, midnight and mystery rides, breakfast and cafe rides, along with other rides with no purpose other than that of riding a motorcycle. Club members also attend rallies and events throughout the year and all over the country. Part of our regular calender of events includes an Annual Toy Run and a Public Open Day at Manfeild.

Also being a touring club we are known to disapear for days on end and pop up in obscure parts of the country side for no apparent reason.

Monthly meetings are held on the first Monday of the month at the Awapuni Tavern, and rides depart from BP Metro.

I will use this forum to keep you up to date of our events and rides. Our rides are always open to any and all motorcyclists. Feel free to attend any rides I list here or to come along to our monthly meeting.

Cheers
Bruce "Busted" Williams
President CDMTCI
Ph 021 432 672

LB
17th November 2004, 04:34
Hi Busted. Your January fun days are always popular with our Wellington lads and ladesses.

Busted
17th November 2004, 20:21
Hey Lynda. The open days are proving popular with people all over the country, but yes have always been well supported from welly.

Its just a pity we lost our annual date of 2 January to a "Scout Jamboree"! So were having it on Jan 15 this year.

I just sent all the flyers off to the welly shops today.

LB
18th November 2004, 04:45
Make sure you put a posting on here closer to the time.

Busted
18th November 2004, 18:02
Make sure you put a posting on here closer to the time.

Is already listed on the events calender. But will deffinitly post it closer to the date.

Beemer
18th August 2009, 11:55
Just a note to let people know that the club has a new venue for our club nights - the front bar at the Forest Elbow, Featherston Street, Palmerston North (opposite PN Boys High School). Start time 7.30pm.

AGM was earlier this month - club president is now Andrew Pugh, which allows Busted to have a life now!

We also have our own website now, so check it out - http://www.cdmtc.org.nz/

mowgli
1st September 2009, 15:10
Noting CK this weekend, is there a club night next Monday (7th)?

Beemer
2nd September 2009, 16:19
Yes, always the first Monday of the month, so September club night is the 7th at 7.30pm at the Forest Elbow Bar.

ynot slow
6th September 2009, 09:00
Yes, always the first Monday of the month, so September club night is the 7th at 7.30pm at the Forest Elbow Bar.

As an aside that night is also Palmy speedways driver sign up night as well at 7.30pm.

Beemer
12th September 2009, 11:13
Sign up night for drivers? Doubt it would have affected our riders then! By all accounts we had the typical turn out - or was this being held at the same venue - I heard there was another meeting there but wasn't there that night.

Little Smurf
13th September 2009, 00:42
As an aside that night is also Palmy speedways driver sign up night as well at 7.30pm.

Cheers for the heads up, it worked out fine being a one off you kind of make exceptions and our good man Gravel made sure that we were sorted and interupption was kept to a minimum, :niceone:

Sign up night for drivers? Doubt it would have affected our riders then! By all accounts we had the typical turn out - or was this being held at the same venue - I heard there was another meeting there but wasn't there that night.

It was another successful Club nite you missed it girl....sitting by the fire :lol:

ynot slow
13th September 2009, 14:17
Cheers for the heads up, it worked out fine being a one off you kind of make exceptions and our good man Gravel made sure that we were sorted and interupption was kept to a minimum, :niceone:

Was sussing out the speedway site so thought you might have trouble hearing at the meeting,noisy bloody drivers speedway guys are lol.

Beemer
14th September 2009, 08:55
...It was another successful Club nite you missed it girl....sitting by the fire :lol:

Relaxing with a bottle of wine - you're just jealous!

sarahtvet
1st October 2009, 19:25

There is one this monday , be good to see you (Mowgli) and the better half if you can get kids sorted. As always lots of fun stuff waiting in the wings.

We went to Wimbeldon and played tennis on the 20th, not easy to be a ball girl in leathers thats for sure :lol: Jed bought his spare balls :whistle:and left them for the kids to play with and Richard and Sharon provided some interesting racquets.

Couldn't get the tough adventure rider to break out a sweat and the president decided to wait for us at the pub (he had the right idea).

Met a couple of Harley riders about to go off road in Electra glides,brave and obviously slightly made men.

It was good to see that we are turning the Motorcycle and Touring club into a Motorcycle and Triumph club :lol:

I was apparently voted as a Williams lookalike, maybe a 'soundalike' when I get the rest of the group in one room but thats a story best saved for the meeting.

sarahtvet
1st October 2009, 19:29
few more pics

sarahtvet
1st October 2009, 19:32
final few at the pub (pleased Richards pics not on here)

Beemer
3rd October 2009, 09:49
There is one this monday , be good to see you and the better half if you can get kids sorted. As always lots of fun stuff waiting in the wings...

Are you confusing me with someone else? We don't have (thank christ!) any kids and the cats are usually quite happy to stay home by the fire alone if we're heading out!

Hope to be there on Monday - but won't be organising any kids, that's for sure!

I have copies of Richard's photos so be careful!

sarahtvet
4th October 2009, 10:21
Are you confusing me with someone else? We don't have (thank christ!) any kids and the cats are usually quite happy to stay home by the fire alone if we're heading out!

Hope to be there on Monday - but won't be organising any kids, that's for sure!

I have copies of Richard's photos so be careful!

Nope refering to Mowgli wanting to know when the next meeting was.

I will pay for the photos and to see the digital evidence deleted please please please don't post them :lol:

Beemer
4th October 2009, 11:11
Nope refering to Mowgli wanting to know when the next meeting was.

I will pay for the photos and to see the digital evidence deleted please please please don't post them :lol:

Gawd, gave me a scare for a minute, thought somehow I'd been landed with ankle biters - my worst nightmare!

Depends on how much moolah you have whether they see the light of day or not!

Little Smurf
4th October 2009, 15:22

Isn't there a committee fund that it could go to :lol:

Beemer
4th October 2009, 16:53
Behave - the slush (or should that be lush?) fund is between you and me only, the others wouldn't appreciate fine wine like we do!

sarahtvet
5th October 2009, 12:12
Isn't there a committee fund that it could go to :lol:

I hope you are offering to buy the dirt and give it to me not pay n display :lol:

Gawd, gave me a scare for a minute, thought somehow I'd been landed with ankle biters - my worst nightmare!

Ahh thought you would be such a cute mum nothing like baby sick on the car seats :lol:

I have monoploy money will that do? None of the other I am afraid.

Behave - the slush (or should that be lush?) fund is between you and me only, the others wouldn't appreciate fine wine like we do!

Fine wine, lets bump club tonight and sup some of it by a fire somewhere. Girls just do it so much better :yes:

CD ladies wine club sounds a good idea for the next comittee meeting :2thumbsup:

Beemer
5th October 2009, 15:20
They better have those heaters going full blast when we get there tonight as it's bloody freezing! The snow is so low on the ranges you can almost feel it. It's tempting to stay home by the fire but I'll probably come along, been doing farm-related research for the past two weeks and need some human company other than the beloved!

Little Smurf
8th October 2009, 14:11
I hope you are offering to buy the dirt and give it to me not pay n display :lol:

Hmmmm it's not interesting enough so your've free to go :lol:

Fine wine, lets bump club tonight and sup some of it by a fire somewhere. Girls just do it so much better :yes:

CD ladies wine club sounds a good idea for the next comittee meeting :2thumbsup:

Fark no, we're a bike club not a wine club, and catching up with the guys n gals beats a wine club anyday :banana: