colsan1
6th February 2008, 10:02
we're just waiting for our visas for nz and all being well will be heading

fredie
6th February 2008, 23:50
is that you rgv250 cole :headbang::Punk::laugh:

Warr
7th February 2008, 00:15
We not far (15 minutes) from Cambridge. So give us a yell when you arrive :)

colsan1
8th February 2008, 06:02
i am col from from rgv250.co.uk if thats what you mean

fredie
13th February 2008, 01:33
yes col . hows it going ?? this is fredie:stupid::laugh::soon:

colsan1
13th February 2008, 08:30
Hello matey, small world. As you can see I'm hoping to join the
in crowd down under. Should be easier to get to phillip Island for the GP
Its got to be better the rip off that donnington hold every year.

Warr
13th February 2008, 14:16
....... Should be easier to get to phillip Island for the GP
Its got to be better the rip off that donnington hold every year.
Care to enlighten those too poor or not committed enough to have visited a GP. How is Donnington 'special' ?

colsan1
14th February 2008, 06:58
thats just the point, its not "special", it just a rip off.
most expensive tickets in the european calender, crap facilities,
camp site is terrible, traffic on the way out is unbelievable.
When the GP circus arrives in the uk the traders who travell with it
simply cross out the euro sign and cover it with a £ sign, instant 40% mark up.
Personally i prefere the cathedral to motorcycle racing that is Assen. Fantastic atmosphere, great food and facilties and always great racing.

Nick from the nick
15th March 2008, 21:25
Hiya

I'm from Newark just outside Nottingham but now live in Te Awamutu which is about 15 minutes from Cambridge so once you get here give me a shout i'm sure we can sort a ride or two.

what ever you do don't use Allied Pickfords to move your gear we had loads busted and my mate had the same problem when he came over

PM me if i can help any other way

Cheers

Nick

smoky
15th March 2008, 21:32
hey fellow riders from the two best towns n NZ - I'm just out of Te Awamutu
You should hook up with us (warr, terminal and others) for ride

Nick from the nick
15th March 2008, 21:39
Hey

That sounds like a good idea to me all i need to know is where and when you guys meet and i'll try to get there. Not been active before as i just got my bike today :lol: just need to hook up with a few others to see the local sights by bike now

Cheers

Nick

colsan1
16th March 2008, 03:58
thanks for the replies nick, i hope i can hook up with you once we're there.
I'll be bringing a Yamaha TRX850 with me (the triumph has gone).
How long did it take for your bike to get there?
did you get in a container with all your other stuff or did it go seperatly?

Nick from the nick
16th March 2008, 07:04
I didn't bring my Blackbird with me but i wish i did, sold my uk one and bought another here just recently. We used allied pickfords for the container and the said i could have put my bike in with all the other stuff, but it would have needed inspecting once it got here to make sure it wasn't bring any dirt in on it, as well as a compliance test and a warrent of fitness then registration.
So i thought sod it sell it and buy another here. If you go down the same line buy why you still have £ in the bank you'll get more for your money

Hope to see you soon

smoky
16th March 2008, 07:35
I didn't bring my Blackbird with me but i wish i did, sold my uk one and bought another here just recently.....
So i thought sod it sell it and buy another here. If you go down the same line buy why you still have £ in the bank you'll get more for your money

hey Col
To help make your mind up, if it's worth shipping your bike or selling and buying over here - why don't you check out Trademe on line over here;
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-145181648.htm?key=48740

Aitch
16th March 2008, 08:46
I live here. Don't get out anywhere near as much as I'd like (family, work etc....).
But please do hoot if any rides being organised. Me and my wife will tag along. If we can keep up of course...

colsan1
17th March 2008, 23:58
Hi smoky, i looked on trademe and the prices for used bikes (all i can afford) are really high in nz
My trx would have cost the equivalent of nz$3200 and i havent seen any for sale on trademe at anywhere near that.
even taking into account any shipping/rego/wof i still think i'm better off bringing it in than waiting and buying there..
It aint a minter but its clean, rust free, reliable and great fun to ride.
Aitch I'm gonna be Billy no mates when i get there so i'll be contacting as many people as i can to hook up with
and with bikers being the freindliest folk around i'm hoping it'll be a good place to start.
cheers all
just gotta sell my uk house now and then i'll be off.
cant wait
col

fredie
3rd April 2008, 00:39
col . you bring the bike still ??that bike:crazy:

Aitch
5th April 2008, 17:29
what brings you to this part of the country?

fredie
9th April 2008, 03:30
its a long way from the uk . thats why :banana:

marty
9th April 2008, 08:09
have you sorted somewhere to live yet? a place around the corner has just sold 'to an english family' according to the neighbourhood goss. wondered if it was you :)

colsan1
14th April 2008, 01:53
sorry all not had chance to get on here lately.
freddie if you meen the "devil bike" TRX850 then yes thats the one i'm taking over.
Its not far off being sorted now, just need a fairing.
I've not checked for gearbox damage yet but if theres any
i'm hoping it wont be much more than bent selectors,we shall see.

Why cambridge! we have friends there who we'll be staying with initially
and it very handy for the wifes line of work and seeing as she earns more
than me i'll ust go where the money is :hug:
seriously though, it looks a nice place is close enough to the country and beaches,
the houses look affordable and we'll have a social network already inplace when we get there.
Havent got a definate date yet, just waiting to exchange contracts on the house then we can get moving. I'm guesing mid june all being well.

smoky
4th May 2008, 13:19
Some of us locals have signed up on McRides http://www.mcrides.co.nz if you want to keep an eye out and join in with any local riding

scracha
7th May 2008, 21:21
Bikes are bonkers expensive here buddy. Bring as many as you can, bring as much gear as you can and bring as many spares as you can. Givi hard panniers and baglux gear are rarities here too.

Trixies...I luv em.

fredie
23rd May 2008, 00:03
whats doing mate col:niceone:

colsan1
25th May 2008, 05:36
hey freddie, nearly ready to at this end.
booking flights for 21st june.
the trx has become a bastard to get sorted.
finlly got all the bodywork (still different colours) then found out
the gearbox was goosed (shafts twisted) and i'm running
out of time to get it sorted.
If all goes well it'll be done with maybe a day or two to spare before shipping and it'll have cost me £££'s.
when it arrives i am going to thrash its nuts off to teach it a bloody lessson :headbang:

Nick from the nick
8th June 2008, 21:46
Hey Col

Good to hear your finally booked to come :banana:drop me a line once your here and we'll link up

Nick

scracha
10th June 2008, 18:00
when it arrives i am going to thrash its nuts off to teach it a bloody lessson :headbang:
You'll be good...the cops here are complete safety Nazi's when it comes to speed. $hit driving they don't care about but gawd help ya if you get caught 75mph.

And bring a $hitload of spares and other goodies, you'll regret it if you don't.

colsan1
19th June 2008, 19:06
Lat post for a while, the removals guys are here and we fly to NZ
on saturday.
hopefully i'll see some of you soon.
cheers for now
col

TerminalAddict
19th June 2008, 19:21
Lat post for a while, the removals guys are here and we fly to NZ
on saturday.
hopefully i'll see some of you soon.
cheers for now
col

come watch the MotoGP with us .. we need fresh meat ... er at least fresh conversation :P

Warr
20th June 2008, 08:27
come watch the MotoGP with us .. we need fresh meat ... er at least fresh conversation :P
Err I dont find 1/2 the crew asleep boring.. Relaxing perhaps, well anyone who can snore quietly is more than welcome :)

TerminalAddict
20th June 2008, 10:37
smoky is a bore .. :D .. more snore from bore I saw

smoky
23rd June 2008, 18:35
smoky is a bore .. :D .. more snore from bore I saw

Alright - I get the message, Ill try my hardest to stay awake, you bunch of troglidytes and illigitimites

You should be pleased to see that I work so hard at work and you're getting your tax dollars worth out of me.

colsan1
24th June 2008, 20:04
Made it at last, I'd love to come over for the next race.
Drop me a pm and let me know where and when( still not used to NZ time yet)
sounds like no one would notice if i pass out due to the jet lag.

marty
24th June 2008, 20:31
welcome to the fridge! you've managed to turn up just in time for the coldest week in 4 years!

you should have been here last week...........................

TerminalAddict
24th June 2008, 21:23
indeed .. you picked the crappiest week this year to land in NZ :D

colsan1
25th June 2008, 09:23
tell me about it, all i've done so far is shiver and get piss wet through
every time i go out. :cold:
On the bright side someone has offered me the use of their bike untill mine gets here :scooter:
just gotta sort some kit out.
thanks for the welcome guys hope to meet up as soon as i thaw out.

marty
25th June 2008, 11:02
sun's shining today! for another couple of hours anyway.....

Nick from the nick
25th June 2008, 18:53
Made it at last pm me at some point and will try to meet up just had my rego put on hold till this crapy weather goes away

Nick

colsan1
9th July 2008, 21:03
no told me it was gonna be this bloody cold:doh:

fredie
15th July 2008, 23:46
hey col . how long was the flights too kiwi land . 2 days

Nick from the nick
17th July 2008, 19:54
hiya Fredie

Just wondering what perth is like, got the chance of a job in the perth area and i'm wondering why the houseing is priced as it is, i know perth a long way from sydney but if you can help i'd be grateful

Cheers

Nick

colsan1
18th July 2008, 21:54
hey fredie, flight was too bloody long.
we left the uk on sat morn and touched down
in auckland on the monday.

Nick, when i was over in perth for a very short time
it struck me as a bit of a dustbowl.
Personally i didnt like it but Freemantle was nice.
just just check out the house prices on the real estate agent sites.
sorry i've not been in touch yet, i've been mega busy and now i'm bloody ill.
will probably wait until the bikes here and sorted now.

Warr
18th July 2008, 22:02
What have you done to yourself Col ?

fredie
18th July 2008, 22:14
the perth real estate game is a ripp off . be careful out west . they think they are los vegas:oi-grr: i can give some links too perth motorbike forums . google perth street bikes . perth riders . :apint:

colsan1
3rd August 2008, 17:32
What have you done to yourself Col ?
Bleeding from places you shouldnt be bleeding from.
extreme fatigue, sinus problems, migrains.
i felt like shit.
getting better now.

scracha
10th August 2008, 18:13
Bleeding from places you shouldnt be bleeding from.
extreme fatigue, sinus problems, migrains.
i felt like shit.
getting better now.

Sounds like man flu.

TK3
21st August 2008, 13:02
Hey Mate,

Not sure you are probably here already ha ha I'm in cambridge and there is a abr there that has just opened up in the middle of town that is going to set up regular rides, they also show the moto gp and superbike races there on a monday night. Good bar owned by Steve and F1 Engineering in Hamilton.
Good times!!!

Warr
21st August 2008, 17:39
Hey Mate,

Not sure you are probably here already ha ha I'm in cambridge and there is a abr there that has just opened up in the middle of town that is going to set up regular rides, they also show the moto gp and superbike races there on a monday night. Good bar owned by Steve and F1 Engineering in Hamilton.
Good times!!!
Sounds good 4sure :) Do you have an address ??

TK3
22nd August 2008, 08:29
Sounds good 4sure :) Do you have an address ??

The Bar is in the middle of cambridge it is the old kelly's bar I'm not sure if he has changed the name yet he was going to. It's down the little one way road off the round about. My number is 0275 848 840.

toebug
22nd August 2008, 09:15
The Bar is in the middle of cambridge it is the old kelly's bar I'm not sure if he has changed the name yet he was going to. It's down the little one way road off the round about. My number is 0275 848 840.

I think that is called "Empire st".

Warr
22nd August 2008, 10:13
If its the old Kelly Brownes Bar, it made itself famous as below
And yes on Empire St which is one way entering from the north end off Queen St running south to the Duke St Roundabout.

June 05
The Smokefree Coalition is welcoming a Liquor Licensing Authority ruling that Kelly
Browne’s Bar must shut for three weeks. The Cambridge bar had repeatedly thumbed
its nose at the new smokefree bars law. The Coalition represents 27 health groups,
including the Asthma and Respiratory Foundation, the National Heart Foundation and
the Cancer Society.

Warr
22nd August 2008, 10:46
Just spoken to Steve at F1 Engineering and here is some more detail

Called RPM Bar, Open 1pm till late Mon-Sat, Will be opening Sundays soon :)
So catch you down there sometime Debbie & Steve @ t RPM Bar 827 4449

And is all true, Monday nights on the big screen any racing from the previous weekend.