PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Track Day 7, 16/3/2008 - CANCELLED

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:08
Kiwi Biker Track Day 7 -16/3/2008

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'M SORRY FOLKS THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED.
THIS IS STRICTLY DUE TO LACK OFF PEOPLE SIGNED UP TO ATTEND -18 PAID WITH 4 DAYS TO PAYMENT BEING CLOSED
ALL WHO HAVE PAID WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL

I'M GUTTED BUT I FEEL THE OTHER ORGANISATIONS WILL STEP IN AND FILL THE GAP
Those of you due refunds for TD7 please bear with me.
Please could all who paid me send account details to me so I can refund you

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:08
PAYMENT FOR TRACK DAY

PLEASE NOTE ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE BUT ARE TRANSFERABLE
If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot -but there are always people who leave it till the last minute

PAYMENT TO BNZ HENDERSON -TFROST ACC NUMBER 02 0152 0035747 66
DONT FORGET TO USE YOUR NAME OR NICKNAME AS A REFERENCE

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1) PAYMENT IN FULL /UP FRONT 28 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT $100.00
2)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT AND $50.00 BALANCE PAID 28 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY (TOTAL $100)
3)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT BALANCE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EVENT OR ON THE DAY $70.00 (TOTAL $120.00)
NO ENTRY ON THE DAY

Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTENDING LIST

Confirmed attending -paid in FULL
1 AJTURBO
2 macca 178
3 DEATHSTAR
TONO
Clivoris
el dopa
SILLYWILLY
alan baird 200.00 CR
puddy
PZR-Evan
blwn460 track day
HondaLad 100.00 CR
snoman1 100.00
c nicolson

CONFIRMED ATTENDING $50 DEPOSIT
CROQ,CECILE 50.00 CR
Paul Byrne 50.00 CR

STAFF
GENERAL DOGSBODY--FROSTY
eVENT CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF PAYMENT

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:09
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Have a read below and it should cover it all off

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GET YA BIKE/GEAR UP TO SCRATCH

As a guideline a roadbike needs to be up to WOF standard and a racebike needs to be up to normal raceday sxcrutineering
READ BELOW for specifics that are NOT NEGOTIABLE

TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
.-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

FOOTPEGS AND HANDLEBARS MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends -THIS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES RUBBER HANDLEBAR GRIPS COVERING THE END OF THE BARS IT MUST BE SOLID
(PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

.Mirrors removed or taped up.-again No glass to fall on the track

No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/

GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine as are indicators

Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )

No sharp/edges/loose parts hanging down/sticking out from the bike this includes front fender and plastic fairing sides--If in doubt DUCT TAPE is your freind. .

Camera mounts are a specific area of concern.they are as a rule not allowed especially any tank mounted ones
basicly if it might impale you as you rotate forward in a crash or as you fly sideways in a highside then its a no go
The tank mount type are just plain deadly and it aint negotiable -but those bullet type that tape into the fairing are all good

Chain needs to be correctly tensioned

Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction)

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
No holes in contact areas
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

Personal conduct--
This SHOULD not need to be stated But .TRACKDAYS ARE ALCOHOL FREE ZONES -Noone under the influence of alchohol will be allowed on the track and NO alchohol to be consumed whilst the day is running.
After the day is over is fine
Riding in a blatently dangerous manner will not be tolerated.
You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence.
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.
I believe this applies to other track day organisers but It would be innapropriate to speak on their behalf
-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -Form back up on the dummy grid . ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) Waved Chequred flags at all flag points means end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding -ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the next session.
8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill the track closes for the day.-by riders or spectators.(anyone in your pit area drinking is your responsibility)
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event control and they MUST wear a fluro vest --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20)Sesssion flags will be displayed at track control -3 blasts on a foghorn are to tell you next session is up--the flags will be changed to the next session .

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding gear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:10
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 1 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:10
Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
Specificly during a KB track day.
Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as I have made VERY clear in the past
The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed test or a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company
NEWS FLASH-- STAR INSURANCE DOES COVER YOU FOR KB TRACK DAYS -WE GOT THE THUMBS UP AT TD6

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:11
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track THEY WILL RENT GARAGES
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage 10m x10m with fluro lighting.
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each

Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

FROSTY
6th February 2008, 12:11
guys n gals we have an issue here -10% confirmed is bad news

Cr1MiNaL
7th February 2008, 21:50
what bad news is this Frosty?

Devil
8th February 2008, 07:14
what bad news is this Frosty?

No people = no trackday.

OutForADuck
8th February 2008, 09:13
Come on people... this is great value for money whilst the weather is on our side and the track available. The next decent track day available at Taupo (lets face it Puke is pretty boring in comparison) is not until April and then you need to take a day off work.

Support Frosty, after all whats the point of having toys and not playing with them!!!

FROSTY
8th February 2008, 14:06
thats it in a nutshell folks no people sighned up means no trackday

Cr1MiNaL
8th February 2008, 17:46
heck I'm keen will pay thursday after talking to Dave.

FROSTY
9th February 2008, 11:03
money talks bs walks

robertydog
9th February 2008, 13:17
If the Track day is cancelled will there be a full refund?

Cr1MiNaL
9th February 2008, 16:48
Don't be so superficial Fosty! u know Im good for it.

FROSTY
9th February 2008, 16:53
of course
:girlfight:

FROSTY
9th February 2008, 16:53
Don't be so superficial Fosty! u know Im good for it.
REALLY???????

Cr1MiNaL
9th February 2008, 16:58
Not actually not really, ya got me !

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 10:12
I'm really sorry to have to pull the pin on this one.Perhaps the timing is wrong being close to the nationals and easter or perhaps its just time to move aside for the professional organisations. Either way for those that have stepped up to be there you WILL be refunded your payments in full.

timorang
13th February 2008, 12:47
I'm really sorry to have to pull the pin on this one.Perhaps the timing is wrong being close to the nationals and easter or perhaps its just time to move aside for the professional organisations. Either way for those that have stepped up to be there you WILL be refunded your payments in full.

that is bad news. was it due to a lack of interest or for other reasons?

surfchick
13th February 2008, 13:32
Yikes-I was about to x-fer $$ sorry frosty if I'd clicked onto the urgency it'd have been in earlier but I was away!
If people see this and pull finger and get cash in would that swing it back or has the axe already dropped?
If it can still be on I can get dosh in tonight..

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 14:14
Strictly and 100% due to lack of people putting money where mouths are.
Lots of people always sayy yea mate I'm keen -I wanna go--but its cash that talks--and those people have been remarkably silent.

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 14:16
Yikes-I was about to x-fer $$ sorry frosty if I'd clicked onto the urgency it'd have been in earlier but I was away!
If people see this and pull finger and get cash in would that swing it back or has the axe already dropped?
If it can still be on I can get dosh in tonight..
Basicly I need 40 more confirmed -its 4 days before cut off and other than marshals and carry overs I have $1400.00 to cover a $6300 bill (track hire)

yungatart
13th February 2008, 15:00
Bugger!
hXc was sooooo looking forward to really fanging it one last time before he heads to Belgium and no riding for a year!!
He'll be gutted!

The Pastor
13th February 2008, 15:21
maaaan i was really looking forward to this one!!! i didnt realise the money had to be in so soon! but only 18 payments, thats really bad.

Gixxer 4 ever
13th February 2008, 17:24

:eek: No Rob FFS. You Yamahahaha riders are all the same..............

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 17:45
maaaan i was really looking forward to this one!!! i didnt realise the money had to be in so soon! but only 18 payments, thats really bad.
so soon??
Are you a person who can't read or one who only reads whats convenient for them at the time???
Cut from post 2 --pretty clear cut really
PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1) PAYMENT IN FULL /UP FRONT 28 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT $100.00
2)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT AND $50.00 BALANCE PAID 28 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY (TOTAL $100)
3)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT BALANCE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EVENT OR ON THE DAY $70.00 (TOTAL $120.00)
NO ENTRY ON THE DAY

Tony.OK
13th February 2008, 18:09
Buggar for you Frosty,hope you get some appreciation for all your efforts.

Even though I'm a Honda rider i can appreciate how much goes into one of your TD's.
I only originally joined KB to do one of your trackdays(and got shit about riding a Hondaaargh),so cheers fella:niceone:

If ya ever get down this way,sing out..................I'll teach you the way of Honda over a brew:msn-wink:

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 18:31
Hey this isn't the end of it all--THIS ONE is canned--but watch this space

Mort
13th February 2008, 23:21
Do you think if the event was advertised more widely or you had your own website (I could help there) it would make a difference... do only people on this forum know about these events ?

skidMark
14th February 2008, 02:32
Do you think if the event was advertised more widely or you had your own website (I could help there) it would make a difference... do only people on this forum know about these events ?

It is a kiwibiker member only trackday.

FROSTY
14th February 2008, 07:54
The KB trackdays have always been run as a social event for KB'ers.
Some people became KBers to do the track days and stuck around

PZR
14th February 2008, 11:12
Frosty can I have your phone number so I can arrange the refund please
Cheers
Evan
(dammit I was looking forward to it as well)

2Slow50
14th February 2008, 15:19
I will be at the next track day for sure. I will put the money where my mouth is as soon as the dates are confirmed. Wasn't able to come because a mate of mine bailed on this one =/

jellywrestler
14th February 2008, 20:30
for those who are keen theres a track day at manfield 25th feb hosted by bernard racing.
details contact spydaman@ihug.co.nz

Brett
17th February 2008, 09:24
Well this sucks. I was logging on this morning to make my deposit. Even had the wife coming with me this time. GUTTED. But I understand your side frosty, no people, no affordability.

OutForADuck
18th February 2008, 08:01
Bummer Frosty..... Guess that gives me more time to get the Gixxer back on the road!!! Hey if you are going to organise another in the future please ensure I know.

Wonder if Hamton Downs will make a difference to the Aucklanders committment to the limitless tarmac!!! (Entry to front straight looks like a good'un :-))

demeritim
19th February 2008, 08:50
No takers huh?? What does that tell you? Ripped off too many people with crap track days Thats what!

Devil
19th February 2008, 10:14
No takers huh?? What does that tell you? Ripped off too many people with crap track days Thats what!

Cant quite tell if you're joking or not, but the previous KB trackday run by Frosty was one of the best days i've had at the track...

whistlersmother
19th February 2008, 15:42

The KB trackdays have always been run as a social event for KB'ers.
Some people became KBers to do the track days and stuck around

Frosty lets people in who aren't members, at the end of the day he doesnt care who's lining his pockets. neither would I!

Also Frosty wont start his own website, he likes to make out this is a "kiwibiker.co.nz" track day, run by him charitable guy, not a kiwi biker track day which lines his pockets.

I have no problem with other people lining my pockets and lining others, yet when they try to pretend they arent, that pisses people off.

Then no one turns up to your trackdays.......

FROSTY
19th February 2008, 16:42
Frosty lets people in who aren't members, at the end of the day he doesnt care who's lining his pockets. neither would I!

Also Frosty wont start his own website, he likes to make out this is a "kiwibiker.co.nz" track day, run by him charitable guy, not a kiwi biker track day which lines his pockets.

I have no problem with other people lining my pockets and lining others, yet when they try to pretend they arent, that pisses people off.

Then no one turns up to your trackdays.......
Mikey Im more than happy to show you the accounts for ALL costs for the KB trackdays -Tell ya what Ill do you a deal --Ill Pay YOU personally EVERY PENNY of profit made over the 6 previous trackdays if YOU in turn are prepared to front any money lost--Fair call??
. Or perhaps you would like to pay the entry fees of the KBers who have over the years atended the track days for free-in order to increase the enjoyment for other KBers.?

TONO
19th February 2008, 16:52

And you would be a wanker of the 1st order.:Pokey:
Why is the people who make the most noise contribute the least and support fuck all.
Regardless of whether Frosty makes some money out of this or not, he had the idea, he did the work, he set it up and took the punt.(The $s would be stuff all for the amount of work involved) Although you probably don't work so would have no idea.
I should feel sorry for people like you.:doctor:

Cr1MiNaL
19th February 2008, 18:39
Frosty is a good guy and ur new to this site, not knowing much about anything and making defamatory statements arent signs of a good start. U can have some red here catch...

timorang
19th February 2008, 21:51
And you would be a wanker of the 1st order.:Pokey:
Why is the people who make the most noise contribute the least and support fuck all.
Regardless of whether Frosty makes some money out of this or not, he had the idea, he did the work, he set it up and took the punt.(The $s would be stuff all for the amount of work involved) Although you probably don't work so would have no idea.
I should feel sorry for people like you.:doctor:

Well said. I signed up and paid and I am dissappointed that the event will not proceed due to a lack of participation and commitment. I do not bag frosty for getting off his arse and providing the opportunity. If he makes a few $$$ out of it then good for him this effort has been for a negative return. Pull your head in detractors.

Mort
20th February 2008, 21:51

What a total wanker.

Gixxer 4 ever
21st February 2008, 05:15

What a stupid thing to say.

I have participated in these track days and work at them doing bike recovery. I don't think $100.00 for that much track time is a rip off. Remember, when Toney started these days there were very few, if any, track days available to the public. Well done for what you have achieved Toney

CookMySock
21st February 2008, 06:23
No takers huh?? What does that tell you? Ripped off too many people with crap track days Thats what!if you have some constructive feedback maybe you might make a quality suggestion, instead of just being an ASSHOLE about it.

It's hard enough getting folks to put together quality activities without some prick kicking them for it. Piss off. Grrr.

DB

bert_is_evil
21st February 2008, 09:19

What a dick :bash:

I've been to 3 of Frosty's track days and absolutely loved them. The only reason I didn't sign up for this one is that I currently have a back injury and wouldn't have been up to riding up from Welly, otherwise there'd have been no stopping me.

demeritim
21st February 2008, 13:35
To all you frosty lovers. i wasnt bagging frosty personally just his CRAP trackdays. 15 mins track time for the day cos of all those of you that blow hot air on this forum then arse off at the tack trying to keep up with your hot air isnt worth the cost as others obviously hav found as well! Hence no takers!!!!!!

Gixxer 4 ever
21st February 2008, 14:09
To all you frosty lovers. i wasnt bagging frosty personally just his CRAP trackdays. 15 mins track time for the day cos of all those of you that blow hot air on this forum then arse off at the tack trying to keep up with your hot air isnt worth the cost as others obviously hav found as well! Hence no takers!!!!!!

Interesting observation. As I have picked the bikes up for the last 3 track days I can assure you we didn't spend too much time recovering. I think it was 4 bikes in total at the last TD6. Maybe 7 at the TD5 but that's cos of the cold weather and lack of tyre heat. If you only got one session you must have been out the back wanking when you should have been on the track hence you missed your turn. I am sure all groups got 5 sessions at TD6. So Wanked 4 times in 8 hours.:yawn: Maybe you didn't come you just pretended to.:laugh:

MadDuck
21st February 2008, 19:34

I guess I am a Frosty lover so as to speak because he brought track days to people (like me) who would never have contemplated on ever riding a bike on a race track.

The whole idea of the days was aimed at KBers (I am sure Frosty will correct me if I am wrong) and bringing everyone together from the site. Mr Poos quite rightly states in another thread that track days are now a dime a dozen these days. Heck we even have "secret" girls track days being organised. Tell me this would have happened 3 or 4 years ago and I would have laughed.

Can I suggest you look back and see who these track day organisers have followed to get their formulas right? And you are not only knocking Frosty but all those that have helped him set these up...the list is too long but you all know who I mean.

I dont remember seeing you at sign up for ANY of our track days. Please be specific about which one you are referring to so we can at least have a reasonable discussion about it....

cowboyz
21st February 2008, 19:41
I. Heck we even have "secret" girls track days being organised. Tell me this would have happened 3 or 4 years ago and I would have laughed.

snipped everything that I agree with.

But then, this is a big grudge for me. Woman always have to go about excluding men from activites. How much would you be laughing if there was organised a "secret" men track day?

MadDuck
21st February 2008, 20:07
snipped everything that I agree with.

But then, this is a big grudge for me. Woman always have to go about excluding men from activites. How much would you be laughing if there was organised a "secret" men track day?

Hey I have no problem with boys only days and it happens...refer Trashys days at Puke. Lets not turn this away from what it is.

I have been on the track since day one with frosty and doogle. Its not about excluding men its about riding in ones "comfort zone". Lets start another thread about this one ah - aka girls only track days? i am happy to share my thoughts

cowboyz
21st February 2008, 20:22
fair call.

as you wish

my thoughts here.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1439075#post1439075

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 10:29
15 mins track time for the day cos of all those of you that blow hot air on this forum then arse off at the tack trying to keep up with your hot air isnt worth the cost as others obviously hav found as well! Hence no takers!!!!!!
Dude I'm happy to take criticism where its due --but when its a blatant lie -Im sorry I draw the line.
NEVER have I held a track day where a person only got ACCESS to 15 minutes track time.
PLEASE tell me which KB track day you attended where due to our actions you only got 15 minutes track time

Brett
22nd February 2008, 12:08

Weren't very many bails at the trackdays I have been to...

Blowing hot air...reckon you can back that up on the track?

demeritim
22nd February 2008, 13:07
Dude I'm happy to take criticism where its due --but when its a blatant lie -Im sorry I draw the line.
NEVER have I held a track day where a person only got ACCESS to 15 minutes track time.
PLEASE tell me which KB track day you attended where due to our actions you only got 15 minutes track time

Track day 5 to be exact Frosty. OK maybe 15 mins is a Blatant Lie but 20mins isnt. It was 2.00pm when the fast group lined up on the dummy grid for their second session and waited at which point most of us said stuff this and left to get at least a descent ride home.
Now thats the way it was and to me thats a CRAP trackday and obviously to quite a few others as "due to popular demand" another ones been cancelled?

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 13:34
15 mins track time for the day cos of all those of you that blow hot air on this forum then arse off at the tack trying to keep up with your hot air isnt worth the cost as others obviously hav found as well! Hence no takers!!!!!!

Track day 5 to be exact Frosty. OK maybe 15 mins is a Blatant Lie but 20mins isnt. It was 2.00pm when the fast group lined up on the dummy grid for their second session

Dude 1) it wasn't 2.0pm it was 1.30
2) blaming the track day organisation for people falling off--including one hospital transfer is totally unfair.-yes all the crashes happened in the AM -7 to be exact
Then to say the WHOLE DAY you got ONE session when there were a total of at least 4 sessions per group that day is not on.
YOU chose to leave at 1.30 (I time session starts) had you stayed you would have had 4 or 5 sessions total

Its like saying--ohh I went to a rock concert and all they played was their old shit-- Funny they played all their new stuff in the second set--Ohh I fucked off early

demeritim
22nd February 2008, 14:03
[quote=demeritim;1440243]Track day 5 to be exact Frosty. OK maybe 15 mins is a Blatant Lie but 20mins isnt. It was 2.00pm when the fast group lined up on the dummy grid for their second session /quote]

2) blaming the track day organisation for people falling off--including one hospital transfer is totally unfair.-yes all the crashes happened in the AM -7 to be exact
Then to say the WHOLE DAY you got ONE session when there were a total of at least 4 sessions per group that day is not on.
YOU chose to leave at 1.30 (I time session starts) had you stayed you would have had 4 or 5 sessions total

Its like saying--ohh I went to a rock concert and all they played was their old shit-- Funny they played all their new stuff in the second set--Ohh I fucked off early

demeritim
22nd February 2008, 14:05
[quote=demeritim;1440243]Track day 5 to be exact Frosty. OK maybe 15 mins is a Blatant Lie but 20mins isnt. It was 2.00pm when the fast group lined up on the dummy grid for their second session /quote]

WOTEVA! "TRACK DAY 7 CANCELLED SORRY" I rest my case!

FROSTY
22nd February 2008, 14:28
[quote=FROSTY;1440304]

So I guess I dont have to worry about you attending the future KB track days?

robertydog
22nd February 2008, 14:38
I did track day 5. In fact it was my first ever track day. Nervious as buggery i was. Hardly new anyone as i was new to KB. But i had a blast and had all the sessions i needed. Unfortunitly accidents happen and there can be hold ups. It can be a bugger later in the day when people have to tavel long distances to get home.
Regardless of whats been said i would like to thank Frosty to at least get people together and have a laugh and some fun on the day.

enigma51
22nd February 2008, 14:41
I did track day 5. In fact it was my first ever track day. Nervious as buggery i was. Hardly new anyone as i was new to KB. But i had a blast and had all the sessions i needed. Unfortunitly accidents happen and there can be hold ups. It can be a bugger later in the day when people have to tavel long distances to get home.
Regardless of whats been said i would like to thank Frosty to at least get people together and have a laugh and some fun on the day.

Yip same here not sure what the other bloke is on about

Did a kiwitrackdays a few weeks ago same story huge crash lots of hold ups still manage to do 5 or 6 sessions though

White trash
22nd February 2008, 16:09

Hey. Fuckwit.

You've obviously not been to one of these trackdays organised by the good Mr Frost, I usually leave early as I've had more than enough time on the track.

I'd be more inclined to blame the lack of early registrations on the date clash with another motorcycle event. Nothing anyone could do.

Shane, better infract me now bitch :D

MadDuck
22nd February 2008, 19:03
[QUOTE=FROSTY;1440304]

Ok Track day 5 from memory was the day we had Andrew Stroud there and Frosty nearly lost his life?

I dont recall any one getting less than their fair share of track time.

Doogle
23rd February 2008, 13:34
Frosty asked me to post this up.
Every track day Frosty and I do a debrief and wright up of the days events.
From the track day log book.
It looks like track day 5 had a disasterous start.

The Rt's we picked up in the morning hadn't been charged so we had comms issues.
Solution arrived at. Collect RT's on saturday pm
Solution result. TD6 no RT issues

Planned operations base was removed by track management forcing us to reposition ourselves in the start/finish tower.
Solution.use whats available/split start from control functions seperate person in each function
Solution Result TD6 better than could be anticipated with good communication between control and riders.

Comms issues with Control due to the bike noise beeing funneled up to the start tower.
Solution arrived at. Control to use earmuffs with RT speaker
Solution result -better than expected Follow up intending using earmuffs for all flag positions.

Very high crash rate in first sessions (refer crash log)
Solutions arrived at.
Greater emphashis at RB (riders Brief) on riding to conditions during first session.
Cancel sighting laps replace with a 10 minute scrub/track familiarisation session for every group . Emphasis on it being a slow session.
Solution result td6 hard to gauge due to greatly improved track condition
Indicators are that it is a reasonable improvement with crash numbers reduced to 2 in first sessions

Inability to communicate with riders/bikes with riding/machine issues forcing full stop to sessions.Road riders not aware of black flag meaning
Solutions more care during scrutineering re brakes and tyres.
Create second "dummy grid" under control tower .Stop all riders leaving the track at this dummy grid waving all riders with no issues back onto track right away.
Use a "rolling" red flag to target rider concerned.
Solution result TD6 very little disruption to sessions,very few riders affected by bike/riders with issues. Issue numbers 10 same as TD5 so a very definite improvement.

Slow change over between sessions
Solutions 3 finish flags waved at Start/finish from 1.5minutes from session end ,
point 7 at 30 seconds from session end and point 9 at end of session.
Start next session as last rider is on back straight.
Solution result Td6 Fast turn around resulting in 3 sessions per group before lunch

Complaints from fast group riders re 1 session before lunch.
Solution do not break for lunch untill all groups have completed 2 sessions.
Result hard to gauge as 3 sessions happented naturaly before lunch

The positives from TD5 were that in the afternoon all the lost track time was made up and every group got the planned 5 sessions for the day.Track management has assured us that there will be no more RT issues and layout wont be changing in a hurry.

FROSTY
29th February 2008, 15:11
Hey folks--those thap paid PLEASE contact me--check the Trackday refunds list --if ya aint on that list I havent got yer bank details

sillywilly
11th March 2008, 17:13
hey frosty, have sent pm. where do i find "refunds list"

sillywilly
11th March 2008, 17:16
sorry, just found list, my bad.

puddy
15th April 2008, 16:57
Hi Frosty,
Account details: (account details removed by mod) Patrick Hansell.
Paid via Fastnet about Jan 17. Cheers.