PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: two big round headlights

Steam
6th February 2008, 18:03
So I can do something like that below.
GN250 headlights would do, as would SR ones, anything big and round really.
Any budget-priced contributions welcomed. Rust is not an issue as I intend to paint it black anyway.
I am keeping an eye on trademe, but it's all a bit expensive.

About the pictures... the one on the left is a KLR650 owned by Big Chris in Australia, and the one on the far right by a guy called Nate, in the UK. Don't know about the others.

deanohit
6th February 2008, 18:18
Got some in the shed, no idea what they're off or if they go, but I'll check and see if they're suitable mate.

AllanB
6th February 2008, 19:09
I have a GS1200ss set on trademe - one has broken glass (still works) other light AOK, the carrier etc is all there. It would be easy to bend/weld up a bracket to hold the lot. Cheap as chips at $50 no reserve!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=139161596

Steam
6th February 2008, 20:29
I have a GS1200ss set on trademe

Ha! It's funny to see things on Trademe and then find out it's a Kiwibiker selling it. Yeah, I saw that one and considered it, but I really want two separate ones.
Cheers though!

xwhatsit
6th February 2008, 21:51
GN250 is small and round. 6" or so, innit? SR is big and round. 8".

Early SR500 headlights (the 8" ones) are identical for all means and purposes to modern Bandit 400 headlights. True fact. Slightly antiquated lens design however (no assymmetrical cut-off).

It's a shame CB250RS headlights are those hideous rectangular things, as I have three of those I want to get out of my sight.

Xwhatsit wholeheartedly approves of the direction you're taking with this motorcycle :yes:

Steam
11th February 2008, 16:53
Just bumping this up