PDA

View Full Version : Coro loop this Saturday! (9 February)

Ragingrob
7th February 2008, 17:46
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=66450

C'mon guys! Will be awesome and at a nice 250 pace :niceone:. Would be good to see a few people making it, especially with this weather!

Macstar
7th February 2008, 21:08
Could be keen!

Ragingrob
7th February 2008, 22:20
Yeah man you should! See what EJ's FXR can do ay. It'd be cool to have a few more coming from Auck!

Macstar
8th February 2008, 07:47
Yeah man you should! See what EJ's FXR can do ay. It'd be cool to have a few more coming from Auck!

I saw what EJ's FXR could do last night on the ATNR....

Macstar
8th February 2008, 07:49
Actually, I'm not going: Kopu Mobil at 9am!!! That means leaving Akl at 8am, which means getting up at 7.30am on a Saturday morning.

Ragingrob
8th February 2008, 07:53
Lol what a lazy one! Luckily I'm 10mins from Autobahn :yes:. But yeah it is early, and if the weather's not PERFECT, I may struggle to get up :nono:

motorbyclist
8th February 2008, 08:33
would come show EJ how it's done, but already booked this weekend

bomma
8th February 2008, 13:02
I saw what EJ's FXR could do last night on the ATNR....

quite rightly said mac....you still keen for a blat sometime later??? like meet up at uni at 11 and head out the same way and see if we cant catch up with the 250s :laugh:

Macstar
8th February 2008, 13:15
quite rightly said mac....you still keen for a blat sometime later??? like meet up at uni at 11 and head out the same way and see if we cant catch up with the 250s :laugh:

Now you're talking. I could do a 10am departure from uni (that's a 2hr headstart for the 250s).

Phurrball
8th February 2008, 14:38
Bastiges! The lotta ya! (Enjoy yerselves...)

*Quietly dons turquoise placemakers top and shuffles to work for 8am sat*

bomma
8th February 2008, 16:55
Now you're talking. I could do a 10am departure from uni (that's a 2hr headstart for the 250s).

sweet azz man im in! :first: keen for a good chase!!! :scooter: aite see you at 10am at by uni gym mac

Macstar
8th February 2008, 16:57
Sweetas. Done. Wonder if there's something Mei could be doing tomorrow instead of pavilling...? (it's great to sometimes have a blat without the extra 45kgs).

bomma
8th February 2008, 16:59
Sweetas. Done. Wonder if there's something Mei could be doing tomorrow instead of pavilling...? (it's great to sometimes have a blat without the extra 45kgs).

just give her your credit card and drop her off at st. lukes :laugh: oh and make sure she remembas that my bday is coming up soon :niceone:

motorbyclist
8th February 2008, 20:02
my bday too:D

klyong82
8th February 2008, 21:09

You can always drop her off my place :drool: make sure you give her your credit card first then we go shopping together woohooo

Cr1MiNaL
8th February 2008, 22:05
Wud luv to com giv uze the learn but have to finish some work before monday... enjoy urselfves and be safe ok!

Macstar
9th February 2008, 07:11
You can always drop her off my place :drool: make sure you give her your credit card first then we go shopping together woohooo

My AMEX company credit card still hasn't been issued to me yet...:oi-grr:

Macstar
9th February 2008, 07:12
Wud luv to com giv uze the learn but have to finish some work before monday... enjoy urselfves and be safe ok!

Bummer Raj, I was looking forward to a drag race re-match...

babyblade250rr
9th February 2008, 09:59
Hope you guys enjoy yourselves today and be safe!!:niceone:

bomma
9th February 2008, 17:29
lol so about the "being safe" part.......:whistle:

Ragingrob
9th February 2008, 17:34
Lol yeah... are you all good though? Insurance comp pick the bike up?

Quasievil
9th February 2008, 17:36
lol so about the "being safe" part.......:whistle:

Oh the typical biker attitude never dies eh, just the bikers, I will look out for your RIP thread

Macstar
9th February 2008, 20:20
Oh the typical biker attitude never dies eh, just the bikers, I will look out for your RIP thread

I've read your 2006 experience in the loop so I know where you're coming from Quasi, but having been there today and knowing Bommer for a while now - I know he aint taking today lightly.

P.S. Pretty sure he was wearing a Quasimoto jacket today?!

deanohit
9th February 2008, 20:53

Just as well she wasn't on aye!

And I bet Bomma weighs more than 45kgs. :dodge:

Hope the damage doesn't set you back much Bomma.

Cr1MiNaL
9th February 2008, 21:17
I've read your 2006 experience in the loop so I know where you're coming from Quasi, but having been there today and knowing Bommer for a while now - I know he aint taking today lightly.

P.S. Pretty sure he was wearing a Quasimoto jacket today?!

I'll secomd that Quasi, Bomma's not taking this lightly... he knows he is lucky and hes not even a hoon. Ur wright-up taught me much. Thanks.

ital916
9th February 2008, 21:30
Hey bomma, glad to hear you are okay! How did the bin happen? Hopefully there is not much damage to the bike. Two bins, not good eh. Sound like it was a fantastic ride apart from those though. Mmmm can't wait to taste the coro loop when I have more experience. Oh and when am I gonna finally meet you bomma? :laugh:

Cr1MiNaL
9th February 2008, 21:31
Loooot more xperience my friend.

shingo
9th February 2008, 21:33
I'll secomd that Quasi, Bomma's not taking this lightly... he knows he is lucky and hes not even a hoon. Ur wright-up taught me much. Thanks.

Anyone got a link to his write up, i would be interested to read it.

ital916
9th February 2008, 21:36
Heard some peeps were doing their first open road ride with the coro loop today :shit:, my first open road was henderson getting to motorb's place, fuck that was scary enough lol

shingo
9th February 2008, 21:41
Not sure if that actually was the case, if it was they certainly didnt show it.

Quasievil
9th February 2008, 21:46

Actually, that was over the top.
I am really concerned about safety these days within kb and the general biker community, it comes out and manifests in the harshest way at times.
'Just ride safe, and if your having trouble, give me a yell and I will take you out for a day of most excellent tuition.

Squiggles
9th February 2008, 21:56
I am really concerned about safety these days within kb and the general biker community, it comes out and manifests in the harshest way at times.

Seconded, Nish wasnt one i would be concerned about though :)

While you lot were out doing the loop, i was tinkering on a triumph :eek:

Macstar
9th February 2008, 22:02
Seconded, Nish wasnt one i would be concerned about though :)

While you lot were out doing the loop, i was tinkering on a triumph :eek:

Stevo, you got a 27mm socket? need to tighten my chain

Squiggles
9th February 2008, 23:38
27mm, nah, the tl has the same size, ripco wanted around 30 bucks for the socket i think :Pokey:

I suspect you'll find that theres one in your bikes toolkit though..... actually, i might have one of those ring jobs bikes come with lying around (i think i saw one in the shed last week), will have a looksee when its light.

Macstar
10th February 2008, 08:40
Yeah there is one in my tool kit, but it is thin and started to sratch and mangle the wheel nut when I tried to get it undone. So I'll use a proper socket.

Macstar
10th February 2008, 13:27
FYI Repco $18, Supercheap $7 both have lifetime guarantees. Off to buy the Supercheap auto one now!

Edit:

I bought an air gun too (already have a family air compressor), whohoo, compressed air is the shizzle for cleaning ya bike and blowing out the brake pad dust!!

Gotta laugh though, I bought a new bike so as not to have to do repairs etc but this weekend I ended up changing the oil, tightening the chain, adjusting the suspension, cleaning and lubing the chain, and giving her a bloody good clean.