PDA

View Full Version : Whistling Frog (what poor people do on a nice day)

scumdog
8th February 2008, 14:26
Scummy and I decided to go out for lunch to the Whistling Frog Cafe which is down in the Catlins about a good hours ride from home. Fine weather again so off we went on our bikes and took a couple of pickies of the scenery. The food was de-lich and quiet surroundings with a few coming and going. There is a camping ground beside and the MacLean Falls along a gravel track there as well.
Will have to arrange a few to visit there say, meet some Invercargill - ites and have a coffee. The baked American cheescake was smooth and tasty.
1,2 & 3 are at lookout point just before Florence Hill (pics of Tautuku Beach are so passe)
4,5,& 6, At Whistling Frog

scumdog
8th February 2008, 14:29
On the road home and to show where we were (Notice traffic volume).
And when we got home the thermometer in the shade was climbing off 27 degrees!!

scumdog
8th February 2008, 14:34
Oops, last picture here now.
(Can a mod merge my two threads please. Ta)

Maha
8th February 2008, 14:38
Must be difficult riding solo with two bikes?....

scumdog
8th February 2008, 14:56
Must be difficult riding solo with two bikes?....

You're telling me!

I worked up quite a sweat doing this!!!

scumdog
8th February 2008, 14:58
Help!
CB got 'lost' posting this thread - can a mod please merge the two, Ta.

SpeedyGirl
8th February 2008, 15:08
Scummy and I decided to go out for lunch to the Whistling Frog Cafe which is down in the Catlins about a good hours ride from home. Fine weather again so off we went on our bikes and took a couple of pickies of the scenery. The food was de-lich and quiet surroundings with a few coming and going. There is a camping ground beside and the MacLean Falls along a gravel track there as well.
Will have to arrange a few to visit there say, meet some Invercargill - ites and have a coffee. The baked American cheescake was smooth and tasty.
1,2 & 3 are at lookout point just before Florence Hill (pics of Tautuku Beach are so passe)
4,5,& 6, At Whistling Frog

Geez must be a hard life you lead!!!!! :bleh:

scumdog
8th February 2008, 15:12
Sheer hell lady, sheer hell!

What with putting up with CB and sex and having to ride Harleys on nice roads on a good day and all that scenery around and....

vifferman
8th February 2008, 15:21
Nice!
Just one comment, Mr Scumdog, Sir: buy CB a compact digital camera. Those pix looked nice, but it was frustrating that the thumbnails were bigger than the 'expanded' pictures. Cellphone camera? :spudwhat:

MotoGirl
8th February 2008, 15:23
Looks like quite a nice wee area. I'm looking forward to heading in that rough direction when we head down south in about three weeks :rockon:

scumdog
8th February 2008, 16:18
Nice!
Just one comment, Mr Scumdog, Sir: buy CB a compact digital camera. Those pix looked nice, but it was frustrating that the thumbnails were bigger than the 'expanded' pictures. Cellphone camera? :spudwhat:

It IS a compact digital camera we use - however we're amatuers at posting pics and are not sure how to 'small' them enough to post - yet leave 'em big enough to be worth viewing.:pinch::(

janno
8th February 2008, 16:44
Download the pics as per usual on the 'puta then use irfanview (free download), use the image menu and click resize.

Easy peasy! If a technophobe like me can do it, you'll be fine . . .

And aren't you a stylish and handsome couple! But didn't anyone tell you? No sex after 40. :laugh:

Whoops, I'd better get cracking, only three years to go . . .

scumdog
8th February 2008, 16:53
And aren't you a stylish and handsome couple! But didn't anyone tell you? No sex after 40. :laugh:

Whoops, I'd better get cracking, only three years to go . . .

I wish you had told me that last night - I'm 55 (just about) and she's 50+!!!:doh:

Oh well, it made a good start to today!!:laugh:

ynot slow
8th February 2008, 17:33
I wish you had told me that last night - I'm 55 (just about) and she's 50+!!!:doh:

Not up at the crack "o" dawn,as long as dawn was ok about it.:Oi:

Edbear
8th February 2008, 17:39

Funny how the youngsters think they got it all, eh?:niceone:

nadroj
8th February 2008, 20:56

Cream donuts to start the day huh?

Swoop
25th February 2008, 12:11
Beautiful riding weather down that way and great scenery as well!
After three days of wind and rain up here, that looks quite nice.:sunny:

scumdog
25th February 2008, 15:54
Beautiful riding weather down that way and great scenery as well!
After three days of wind and rain up here, that looks quite nice.:sunny:

And this weekend was no different - only today has it turned a little breezy and overcast at times - but still warm and no rain.:sunny: