PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cow on Intersection

Dr Bob
19th November 2004, 08:49
Good morning all.

Has anyone had the displeasure of watching fecking idiots cross intersections through red lights? They tend to follow closely behind the car in front so that they get a bit more draught to help them along. This morning I saw the worst infringement ever....

On the Nelson st exit of the North Western (where they always go through the red lights anyhow) a women in a fiat or vw type small hatchback was so late at going through the lights (The light had gone green - I waited a moment for the idiots to clear before I motored ahead ) that I went in front of her off the green. YET... she continued through the intersection behind me. :eek5: Sometimes I wish I had the right to issue driving infringement notices - I would probably put her behaviour in the 'did not have a reasonable approximation of reality'

Thank you for listening.

Sniper
19th November 2004, 09:08
Good morning all.

Has anyone had the displeasure of watching fecking idiots cross intersections through red lights? They tend to follow closely behind the car in front so that they get a bit more draught to help them along. This morning I saw the worst infringement ever....

On the Nelson st exit of the North Western (where they always go through the red lights anyhow) a women in a fiat or vw type small hatchback was so late at going through the lights (The light had gone green - I waited a moment for the idiots to clear before I motored ahead ) that I went in front of her off the green. YET... she continued through the intersection behind me. :eek5: Sometimes I wish I had the right to issue driving infringement notices - I would probably put her behaviour in the 'did not have a reasonable approximation of reality'

Thank you for listening.

Hell, you are lucky mate, its a pity we get retards like that on the roads :mad: :mad:

manuboy
19th November 2004, 09:22
You're right about the 'warped' reality thing. In overall terms, where did she get to? One set of lights further up the road?

My personal fave is watching Mr / Mrs X in their <span style='letter-spacing: 3px'> whatevermobile</span><sup>tm</sup> passing dangerously on open roads (blind corners, oncoming traffic), then when you get to the next town/instersection, they're 2 cars ahead. Wow. Risk and Reward.

Motu
19th November 2004, 09:27
I often stop for an orange,and as I'm sitting at the red light someone in the next lane will go through - I make sure I have a damned good look before I move out on the green these days.

Now that we have a bit of sun about I see the latest hazzard (no mention of driver nationality ok?) - those stick on sunscreens to keep the sun off babies face....on the drivers window! Oh,sorrieee,I didn't see you!!!!!

Devil
19th November 2004, 09:31
I often stop for an orange.
:niceone:
I do so as well. I wonder how many people around here are aware that you can still get fined for driving through an orange (when you could have safely stopped).

Slingshot
19th November 2004, 09:33
I saw a great example of this last night:

The lights at Vivian St & Taranaki St, I was at the front of the queue turning left onto Vivian heading out to the motorway (I was on a red light). Highway Patrol car was directly behind me.

The green arrow for the cars opposite turning right onto Vivian St changed to red (I know this because I now had a green light). A car (on a red arrow) continued around the corner. I follow it around so now we have the law breaker, then me, then the HP car. I'm thinking...that law breaker is toast so I moved over to the right a little so the cop had a clear view of the cars number plate. I could see the cop having a fiddle with his little computer thingy. Long story short...Law breaker turned off, HP car followed me onto the motorway (bugger, no lane splitting today).

duckman
19th November 2004, 09:33
**hobby horse bucks and kicks at barn door**

I hate red light runners!!

Is it just me or is it happening more often ??? :mad:

Dr Bob
19th November 2004, 09:47
It has been happening to me for some time, although this time was by far the most stupid. I thought it was because of where I was riding, I thought it was because of commuting through city traffic, and especially the very large intersections that feed the motorway system. But it could simply be that drivers are getting stupider.

duckman
19th November 2004, 10:02
I get the impression that drivers are getting more and more lazy with the road rules.

3 seconds indication BEFORE you change lanes

RED MEANS STOP

Check your mirrors e.t.c.

Still bothers the shit outta me that people can pass their test with a translater!! :angry2:

crashe
19th November 2004, 10:05
I saw a great example of this last night:

The lights at Vivian St & Taranaki St, I was at the front of the queue turning left onto Vivian heading out to the motorway (I was on a red light). Highway Patrol car was directly behind me.

The green arrow for the cars opposite turning right onto Vivian St changed to red (I know this because I now had a green light). A car (on a red arrow) continued around the corner. I follow it around so now we have the law breaker, then me, then the HP car. I'm thinking...that law breaker is toast so I moved over to the right a little so the cop had a clear view of the cars number plate. I could see the cop having a fiddle with his little computer thingy. Long story short...Law breaker turned off, HP car followed me onto the motorway (bugger, no lane splitting today).

If I ever spot a police officer in the lane ahead of me.... :Police: I never lane spilt.... not even on the motorways.... I just quietly stay in the appropriate lane and hope that he/she turns off soon.... lol :blah: :cool2:

Did you get a fine for lane splitting? If so how much?

Sniper
19th November 2004, 10:08
If I ever spot a police officer in the lane ahead of me.... :Police: I never lane spilt.... not even on the motorways.... I just quietly stay in the appropriate lane and hope that he/she turns off soon.... lol :blah: :cool2:

What about lane splitting for a reason?? :yes: Like umm, I had to move out of that lane because my alter ego told me to :shutup:

crashe
19th November 2004, 10:12
especially at peaktimes on the motorway.....
dont want my baby to overheat...... lol

Just dont want a cop to spot me..... doing it...lol
Cos I dont want to get a fine.... cant afford to get one...lol :)

Devil
19th November 2004, 10:14
RED MEANS STOP

I hate it how people seem to conveniently forget that Yellow means stop if you can safely do so, and when I do, I get tooted at by the impatient retard behind me. Fucking tards

rodgerd
19th November 2004, 10:51
Has anyone had the displeasure of watching fecking idiots cross intersections through red lights?

Yes. Tory Street in Wellington in particular has become a real deathtrap in the past few years where it crosses with Courtney Place, Featherstone Street, and Aotea Quay.

Almost as annoying, but less likely to kill you, are the fuckheads who drive into a clogged-up intersection on the green, and sit there blocking the traffic when the lights change.

Sniper
19th November 2004, 10:53
I hate it how people seem to conveniently forget that Yellow means stop if you can safely do so, and when I do, I get tooted at by the impatient retard behind me. Fucking tards

Thats why Im very glad God gave me a middle finger to tell those :tugger: to piss off

rodgerd
19th November 2004, 10:53

No-one's ever done that to me.

If they do at an intersection where there's a long cycle, I will be hoping off to have a chat with them.

Slingshot
19th November 2004, 11:05

I didn't lane split past the cop.

In fact I was coming out of a side street onto Taranaki St and I did the old "wave to say thanks for letting me into the queue even though you haven't yet but now you feel guilty so you kinda have to" trick. I did every thing by the book while he was behind me, including observing the blocking rule, stopping at the orange light, indicating for 3 secs etc.

Blakamin
19th November 2004, 11:25
I didn't lane split past the cop.

In fact I was coming out of a side street onto Taranaki St and I did the old "wave to say thanks for letting me into the queue even though you haven't yet but now you feel guilty so you kinda have to" trick. I did every thing by the book while he was behind me, including observing the blocking rule, stopping at the orange light, indicating for 3 secs etc.
I think the worst feeling is splitting all the way to the lights thru about 20 cars and the second one is a cop.... so ya keep goin to the front and take off normally and hope they're in a good mood....
(last friday, kapiti lights... they did nothing)
or when you get to the front just before the lights change and the vehicle turning (to your right) happens to be a cop that will be 2 cars in front of you when the light goes green (see pic)
(yesterday- nothing again)

so hard to draw in paintshop pro

Slingshot
19th November 2004, 13:32
or when you get to the front just before the lights change and the vehicle turning (to your right) happens to be a cop that will be 2 cars in front of you when the light goes green (see pic)
(yesterday- nothing again)

so hard to draw in paintshop pro

Was it a lady cop?

Blakamin
19th November 2004, 13:43
Was it a lady cop?
the passenger was... thats when i got worried coz she stared straight at me
(hence the pink)

vifferman
19th November 2004, 14:08
I've developed the habit of checking my mirror before stopping for an orange (or even red) light. Don't want (or need) a used JappaCrappa suppository.

speedpro
19th November 2004, 21:59
Mate has a RX7 turbo on his Toyota Cruiser. We do a few miles round town so there is plenty of opportunity to terrorise red light runners. I'm sure he's out to crash it sometimes. The thing leaps when he nails it and the look on their faces as they scoot through the intersection with us doing our best to drive through their door - priceless. . . . . .

Warren
19th November 2004, 22:58
The worst I have seen was this old couple in a car that was soo over to the left side of the road that when they went around a soft left curve they hit the curb at 50kph. They must of got a good fright because the car bounced up quite good.

Twice at the lights I have had to delay takeoff on green to prevent being turned into mincemeat by some car running a red light.

Ms Piggy
20th November 2004, 06:05
**hobby horse bucks and kicks at barn door**

I hate red light runners!!

Is it just me or is it happening more often ??? :mad:
Ditto! A regu;ar occurence in Wellington. Even dangerous to be a pedestrian! :crazy:

rodgerd
20th November 2004, 07:56
Ditto! A regu;ar occurence in Wellington. Even dangerous to be a pedestrian! :crazy:

I see you've made the mistake of crossing Tory Street down Courtney Place at 5:30.

(Tell you what, though, a big fucking dent in the panel work makes them think twice about it...)

Jackrat
20th November 2004, 08:26
Good morning to you to Bob,bloody top one it is to aye.
I drive inner city all day an my favourite thing is to stop as soon as I can on oranges an count the other drivers that go up the inside,sometimes even changing lanes to do so.The most so far is eight with the last two having to have shot the red.I've been abused a number of times for stopping on the orange.Two-three minites must be VERY important to some people.
The funny thing to me is because I know most of the lights/lanes ect an I'm normaly in the correct lane I'll often pass these same people stuck in the wrong lane at a set of lights not much farther along the road. :lol:

geoffm
20th November 2004, 14:02
Other peeve is the tossers who come up beside you as you are moving - like you weren't there. Had it done by a taxi on the Strand yesterday, and she moved over to try and run me into the other lane. Ignored the (loud) BMW horn and kept going. Also rather rude when i caught up with her at the lights...
I have just come back from 9 months in Christchurch - the standard of driving down there is noticably worse than other times, but Auckland was an eye opener.
Over in Oz, it is an instant $200 fine (with points?) for parking across an intersection, and red light running...
lots of red light cameras around Sydney. They took them out here as it was uneconomic, so it is fair game.
geoff

Frankie
21st November 2004, 01:29
yeah ive nearly beed taken out twice in my car because people have run red lights... and ive seen people drive the wrong way where the oncoming traffic is seperated by a barrier of some sort... twice ive seen that and not in light traffic either :confused:

I havent driven my car is about 5-6 weeks now... been walking up untill lately and now i catch the bus... you see so many idiots when u walk :crazy:

scumdog
21st November 2004, 03:43
That's why we banned the instalation of traffic lights in this town!! :whistle:

Best experience of a red light-runner was in Dunedin, I T-boned him neatly, raking him from his headlight to his tail light, the best part was I was in a marked "work" car at the time, go figure!! :wacko:

erik
21st November 2004, 09:11
That's why we banned the instalation of traffic lights in this town!! :whistle:

Best experience of a red light-runner was in Dunedin, I T-boned him neatly, raking him from his headlight to his tail light, the best part was I was in a marked "work" car at the time, go figure!! :wacko:

Wow. Did you get done for that, or was the the guy that went through the red light's fault?

The NW motorway offramp to Nelson st is shocking for red light runners. I'd kinda like to scare them a bit by charging them, but it's probably not the best idea on a bike, and it probably won't have the same effect as it would in a truck or car.

scumdog
21st November 2004, 11:53
Wow. Did you get done for that, or was the the guy that went through the red light's fault?

The NW motorway offramp to Nelson st is shocking for red light runners. I'd kinda like to scare them a bit by charging them, but it's probably not the best idea on a bike, and it probably won't have the same effect as it would in a truck or car.

Nope. I moved of when my light went green and Bam! there he was :argh:

After some "meaningful" chat he said "I thought I had a green arrow" (Tui time here). <_<

rendog
21st November 2004, 12:34
Is lane splitting when you go between lanes? If so I do that daily (till recently, bike of road for engine repairs) on the northern motorway to get to New Market by 7:30. Every morning I pass at least one cop, never had a ticket or problems. Except people who change lanes suddenly without indicating or check there mirrors.

FROSTY
21st November 2004, 13:55
Im doing a shit load of commuting nowadays --read that as 30km each way every day. I filter because if ya dont there aint much point in commuting on a bike is there? I've passed a few cops and they don't seem to mind. I think the secret ia=s to filter "safely" -If ya ride like a bloody maniac high speed and high revs ducking and diving all over the road you'll like as not get busted but if ya just quietly poodly along zigging through the traffic then Its (I hope ) not worth the trouble.

avgas
21st November 2004, 14:19
yeh i had a case of this when i first came to auckland. Light was orange so i stopped on my rg, fuckn retard in a Pajero pulled behind me, slammed on the breaks, then slammed on his horn (he ended up about 6 inches off the back of my bike). I flickd the stand down, get off the bike and check he didnt touch it. Walked up to the drivers window, told him to get fucked and gave him the finger. The guy in the car next to us laughed his head off at the Pajero driver

speedpro
23rd November 2004, 21:35
Im doing a shit load of commuting nowadays --read that as 30km each way every day. I filter because if ya dont there aint much point in commuting on a bike is there? I've passed a few cops and they don't seem to mind. I think the secret ia=s to filter "safely" -If ya ride like a bloody maniac high speed and high revs ducking and diving all over the road you'll like as not get busted but if ya just quietly poodly along zigging through the traffic then Its (I hope ) not worth the trouble.
I've said it before - As far as I can ascertain there is only one bike cop who will pull you over. I've talked to a few cops and none of them can be bothered, except the one who got me.

Dr Bob
24th November 2004, 09:44
I've said it before - As far as I can ascertain there is only one bike cop who will pull you over. I've talked to a few cops and none of them can be bothered, except the one who got me.
There is a legal way, and an illegal way. If you use the illegal way then you could quite probably be pulled over. If you use the legal way (and know what it is) then you could quite probably be pulled over.

Dr Bob
24th November 2004, 09:50
Of course if you know the legal way and follow it (or at least the intent and any small deviation from the letter of the law is not observed by the law enforcement officer in question) then you will be able to rationally and purposefully ask them why they are wasting your time, and please take me to court if they believe you have breached the law, and would they like to specific which particular regulation they believe you have breached.

Of course you have to understand that even though we are talking about codified law ( a written statutory regulation ) there is considerable movement in the interpretation of it. "With due care and consideration" is used extensively, so you have to take due care when performing these types of things.