PDA

View Full Version : Trike... like or yike?!

DebK
19th November 2004, 11:38
Apologies if this has been posted b4 but I did have a decent look.

Love it or hate it, it is impressive and very different. The owner is very proud, going by the look on his face.

What would the weight be though & do you think it's the original HD mota in it to handle the weight?

StoneChucker
19th November 2004, 11:48
That IS rather interesting. Probably wouldn't be much fun to ride everyday, but good for weddings, etc.

Drunken Monkey
19th November 2004, 11:50
I see your Evo for sale on onlinemotorsport...you're not thinking of selling it for a trike, are ya?! :crazy:

DebK
19th November 2004, 11:58
I see your Evo for sale on onlinemotorsport...you're not thinking of selling it for a trike, are ya?! :crazy:
Ha! :D Found the pic on car.co.nz and thought it was fun.

Selling the Evo to enjoy other expensive things in life after too many years pouring $$ into only rallying. I like this bike thing and wouldn't mind a decent bike one day soon.

IF the Evo sells then I'll look at maybe an AE86 Corolla & chuck a high HP mota in it (turboed?) and go have some great & cheaper fun at club level.

What's your involvement in rallying Drunken Monkey? Wanna buy a car... ;)

bungbung
19th November 2004, 12:06
At least that particular one :scooter:

Drunken Monkey
19th November 2004, 12:16

eeek! Was mostly just a spectator/driver wanna be in the past for rallying. My experience is night speed drags and some motorkhana's with Auck Car Club... I have been 'running' the service 'crew' (I use both terms loosely) for the young mister Martin, as he has moved from co-driving to driving. He's looking for a car, but not of the turbo 4wd variety as they're 'too expensive'.
I've been browsing for something under the 10K mark, wouldn't mind a non-road registerable Evo or a Bat just for sprints or hill climbs.

Drunken Monkey
19th November 2004, 12:17
...If I had the money, I might consider your car, although rumors have it the poor Evo is held together with race tape and cable ties.... :)

vifferman
19th November 2004, 12:22
What would the weight be though & do you think it's the original
HD mota in it to handle the weight?Check out the vents in front of the back guards: some rear-engined (VW, Porsche) I'd say.

Riff Raff
19th November 2004, 19:38
Check out the vents in front of the back guards: some rear-engined (VW, Porsche) I'd say.

I think you're probably right. You'd certainly get noticed in it, but not my cup of tea.

Ghost Lemur
19th November 2004, 19:46
It's just a glorified Rikshaw(sp?). :killingme

Two Smoker
19th November 2004, 19:47

Selling the Evo to enjoy other expensive things in life after too many years pouring $$ into only rallying. I like this bike thing and wouldn't mind a decent bike one day soon.

IF the Evo sells then I'll look at maybe an AE86 Corolla & chuck a high HP mota in it (turboed?) and go have some great & cheaper fun at club level.
;)
Nah, nah, nah..... what you want is a F3 race bike...... now thats fun hehehe.... Go on, 5 grand will get you a good set up..... something like a ZXR/GSX-R/VFR 400????? Gotta try all the different types of racing aye :yes:

SPORK
19th November 2004, 19:49
I hate trikes!

They are so awful. And ghey. Mwaughahahaha

Bonez
20th November 2004, 07:46
Damn -double posted. :Oops:

Bonez
20th November 2004, 07:47
Love it or hate it, it is impressive and very different.
Tis that.

The owner is very proud, going by the look on his face.
It's just because of the 16 year old girlies he's pulled. Dirty old man.

What would the weight be though & do you think it's the original HD mota in it to handle the weight? Unsure but it's probably as heavy as a WideGlide ;)

Holy Roller
20th November 2004, 10:37
Been toying with the idea of doing the same with a MR2 just have to wait for my brother to tee bone someone in his and .... just dreaming but would make one awesome trike.

カワサキキド
20th November 2004, 13:14

You will want this 4AGE (http://www.mikeconte.com/cars.htm) for a "hachiroku"

Sorry :Offtopic:

FROSTY
20th November 2004, 15:14
Fuck yea I LOVE it --Finally a way to toss the rugrats in the back and blame the engine noise for not hearing em.
Actually Neil at Trikeworks is an aquantance and Ive been toying with the idea of a 3 seater trike for lugging the kids around and doing shopping and stuff.

Coyote
21st November 2004, 17:26
Why get a trike. You lose the ability to go between traffic, you can't lean into corners, and some of them trikes look a bit stupid so your not impressing anybody.

NC
22nd November 2004, 19:21
I like trikes as much as I like packracks... :shifty:

Dr Bob
24th November 2004, 10:01
What are the dynamics of a sidecar, are they really bad ie. cornering etc.

At least when you want you can take it off.

Motu
24th November 2004, 22:03
Sidecars are dynamic alright! Very interesting things,and if you like interesting things you should find them interesting.They are asemetrical,so they do different things on opposite corners,acceleration,braking,something new whatever you do.Some love them,most hate them.They have problems and there are two ways to approach it - you either stay away from the problems and just ride around slowly,making use of your motorcycle with extra carrying capacity...or you ride aggresivly and use the disadvantages to your advantage.

When accelerating the sidecar drags the bike back,so the bike pulls left,when you brake,the sidecar wants to pass the bike,so it pulls right,you steer into this.Coming into a left hander you come in slow,slower than you want,then accelerate and the chair acts as an anchor - you fly around the chair like a stone on a piece of string,faster yet and the chair lifts,you can balance here.Coming into a righthander,you come in fast,way too fast,throttle off or brake,and the chair comes around the bike in a slide,turning into the turn - you stop this by applying throttle when you are pointing where you want to go.Huge fun,I love riding sidecars - gotta be the most fun I've ever had on a bike.I've had 3 and would like another...but....