PDA

View Full Version : MotoTT trackday, Friday 29 Feb

Pages : 1 [2]

robertydog
3rd March 2008, 12:04
Catch ya some time Tony, Cheers mate.

PS Red headed women are goers are they not, love the way all have screamed in the past, NO, NOT AT ME, but with me bahahahah

Did you eventually untie them?:laugh:

kiwifruit
3rd March 2008, 12:10
and mr kiwifruit that new bike of yours :sweatdrop blink and you would be on the otherside of 14! zoom zoom

cheers :D :o
she's a weapon alright!

Shaun
3rd March 2008, 12:15
Did you eventually untie them?:laugh:

Only after they had PAID me man

moT
3rd March 2008, 13:14
Any Photos of a black vfr400? or even photos of it crashing comeing on to the back straight... lol

Waylander
3rd March 2008, 16:55
Here's another version without the music...appears some didn't appreciate it :eek:

Some people have no taste.

jrandom
3rd March 2008, 16:59
Some people have no taste.

I knew a girl like that once.

I figured it was because she bathed regularly and kept herself well hydrated.

kiwifruit
3rd March 2008, 17:14
I knew a girl like that once.

buahahahahaha!!!! few and far between they are

marcdufresne
3rd March 2008, 19:39
hi i am mark scott from 60 mins - please contact me at 021 992 977 - i would like to use your footage

Tony.OK
4th March 2008, 00:00
hi i am mark scott from 60 mins - please contact me at 021 992 977 - i would like to use your footage

Ya don't want to air the crashes do ya?Couldn't see that as being of any useful thing to advertise:no:

jrandom
4th March 2008, 07:33
i would like to use your footage

C'mon, man, spill. What angle are you really going to take on the trackday thing?

Ya don't want to air the crashes do ya?

Of course he does; it's TV innit? Motorcycle crashes are pure ratings gold. I guarantee that Aprilia guy makes it into the promo segments for the episode.

Usarka
4th March 2008, 07:49
If the news is any guide, the WSBK coverage on the sports news last night was all crashes and no actual substance about the racing......

C'mon, man, spill. What angle are you really going to take on the trackday thing?
Yeah come on bro.....

Biggles08
4th March 2008, 08:37
If the news is any guide, the WSBK coverage on the sports news last night was all crashes and no actual substance about the racing......

Yeah come on bro.....

Yeh but come on...they were pretty spectacular crashes though! I think its normal to air such content...it goes back to the days of gladiators being sent to fight to the death....blood and guts is what people want to see...and what us riders want to beat.

Waylander
4th March 2008, 21:34
Yeh but come on...they were pretty spectacular crashes though! I think its normal to air such content...it goes back to the days of gladiators being sent to fight to the death....blood and guts is what people want to see...and what us riders want to beat.
I think what they are really asking is, are you actually going to have new about a fantastic fun sport being done in a safe and legal matter or just more propaganda machine showing how dangerous bikes and bikers are.

Biggles08
4th March 2008, 21:50
I think what they are really asking is, are you actually going to have new about a fantastic fun sport being done in a safe and legal matter or just more propaganda machine showing how dangerous bikes and bikers are.

Probably they will show both....cause yes it is super fun and considering the alternative a lot safer than on the road, but really....screaming around the track pushing both yourself and your machine to the edge IS dangerous...or more dangerous than a lot of other sports... and you know what....thats some of the attraction is it not??

I don't think saying that its propaganda is correct - if they only decide to show the crashes and focus on the dangers...I would say advertising that speed kills is more so propaganda....no actually...lies. Riding fast around a track (or in my case medium pace :crybaby:) is fun and risky - and I love it :-)...so, go ahead mr 60min, show the crashes, tell the public how dangerous bikes are and maybe, just maybe somewhere in there they will see all of our smiles after coming in from a session and people will work it out for themselves.

PS...I'm dangerous too :banana:

Waylander
4th March 2008, 21:55
Probably they will show both....cause yes it is super fun and considering the alternative a lot safer than on the road, but really....screaming around the track pushing both yourself and your machine to the edge IS dangerous...or more dangerous than a lot of other sports... and you know what....thats some of the attraction is it not??

I don't think saying that its propaganda is correct - if they only decide to show the crashes and focus on the dangers...I would say advertising that speed kills is more so propaganda....no actually...lies. Riding fast around a track (or in my case medium pace :crybaby:) is fun and risky - and I love it :-)...so, go ahead mr 60min, show the crashes, tell the public how dangerous bikes are and maybe, just maybe somewhere in there they will see all of our smiles after coming in from a session and people will work it out for themselves.

PS...I'm dangerous too :banana:
The propaganda machine is just something I've been thinking about as I watch the news and other things on tv and in the papers in relation to things going on in the biking community. Nothing really factual behind it but sort of my own conspiracy theory.

But not to take this thread too far off topic from the great day had by those involved (with a few spills) Do you really believe any new agency in the world would report anything good about this except as a little footnote at the end that all the riders that crashed came out with only minor injuries?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Shaun
5th March 2008, 05:02
I DO NOY KNOW TV3 AND MARK'S PLANS BUT

I am guessing, since this man is a BIKER himself:sunny: The content will be good:yes:

He interviewed me, and from the questions that were asked of me ( Dam, I hope I did not offend anyone with my awnsers) I am gathering the concept of the programme, is how to make biking safer in generall:yes::yes:

ie, Go hard on the race track, and ride safe on the road

Maybe the crash footage he has asked for, is a way to PROVE that crashing at a race track, instead of on the road, proves how safe the track day scene can be??

Shaun
5th March 2008, 05:05
PS PLEASE CREW

Let,s give this TV 3 60 minutes thing a bit of time to see what comes from it, before we all get on here, and bash the shite out of them, before they have even done anything, apart from coming to the event:done:

Matt Bleck
5th March 2008, 07:55
PS PLEASE CREW

Let,s give this TV 3 60 minutes thing a bit of time to see what comes from it, before we all get on here, and bash the shite out of them, before they have even done anything, apart from coming to the event:done:
Yup Shaun's right :eek:, Mr 60 min's is one of us, he loves riding, so why would he give it a bad wrap?

Shaun
5th March 2008, 15:38
HELP, 'surfachick' I THINK? is that who it was doing the video work for us the other day? Sorry honey, forgot your name like a moron I can be

moT
5th March 2008, 15:44
who cares...

Goblin
5th March 2008, 15:48
Early in the day I could hear the camera guy on the back of some bike YAAHOOOOing around turn 7. Sounded like he really enjoyed the day. :cool:

Shaun
5th March 2008, 16:50
who cares...

About what mate?

Meekey_Mouse
5th March 2008, 17:21
Does any one know what day and time the 60 min thing will be on?

surfchick
5th March 2008, 20:01
HELP, 'surfachick' I THINK? is that who it was doing the video work for us the other day? Sorry honey, forgot your name like a moron I can be

Yup surfchick :) I'll clear up the confusion re. all the vid stuff that was going on

I was doing my own wee on-board project for an art thing
AND
Mark from 60mins is putting together a story on riding & trackdays for TV

but we're working on seperate things - from chatting to Mark from 60mins he's mad about bikes, owns 3, so hopefully he can draw out some good stuff from the day -it was primo as... I had the best ever time shooting video and riding some too. We shot 4 cams in one session & I've just been looking at the footage and it's mad mad mad RAAAAAD. when I get smaller compressed versions I'll post a few clips up on you tube

kiwifruit
5th March 2008, 20:22
....few clips up on you tube

lookin forward to that Alex :D

Shaun
6th March 2008, 06:02
Yup surfchick :) I'll clear up the confusion re. all the vid stuff that was going on

I was doing my own wee on-board project for an art thing
AND
Mark from 60mins is putting together a story on riding & trackdays for TV

but we're working on seperate things - from chatting to Mark from 60mins he's mad about bikes, owns 3, so hopefully he can draw out some good stuff from the day -it was primo as... I had the best ever time shooting video and riding some too. We shot 4 cams in one session & I've just been looking at the footage and it's mad mad mad RAAAAAD. when I get smaller compressed versions I'll post a few clips up on you tube

Hi Alex, sorry to have wasted your name away in my head. you have awnsered the question I was gunna ask you already RE The Clips

I cannot believe it really, after 23 years of being at it, I WANT TO WATCH MY OWN LAPS bababa silly old bugger:wari:

Just wanting to see myself doing what all said I never would again:calm: PS, a Couple of my Irish/UK based mates are hanging to see it, they do not believe I have been back on a bike again

enigma51
6th March 2008, 13:18
Hi Alex, sorry to have wasted your name away in my head. you have awnsered the question I was gunna ask you already RE The Clips

I cannot believe it really, after 23 years of being at it, I WANT TO WATCH MY OWN LAPS bababa silly old bugger:wari:

Just wanting to see myself doing what all said I never would again:calm: PS, a Couple of my Irish/UK based mates are hanging to see it, they do not believe I have been back on a bike again

Do you realy wanna show them how a noob like me showed you the lines :Pokey:

enigma51
6th March 2008, 13:20
Maybe the crash footage he has asked for, is a way to PROVE that crashing at a race track, instead of on the road, proves how safe the track day scene can be??

Just look at darrels weird crash (the r1 on biggles footage not dss)

surfchick
6th March 2008, 19:50
No worries Shaun -I just went to load your first session clip on Youube and the site is updating!! and I can't get the clips up... but WWAAAATTCCH this space.... hopefully the fix it tonight... maaaaa

surfchick
8th March 2008, 06:50
Shaun -
Your onboard footage from the Tauop TT is up on you-tube!
There's no audio as its on the rearcam channel, but I'll get there with that... in the next few weeks :). See you out at Puke...

Address is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYzPgM8mVc4

boomer
8th March 2008, 07:04
noice work.

That bike has some get up and go doesn't it for a 6. Cos Logans on a seven fiddy.

Ps.. LOgan, whats with going deep every where?

surfchick
8th March 2008, 09:51
Yep... shaun was pretty nippy :)

here's a link to enigma-onboard cam during session 3 or 4 there's alot of bikes in this one so anyone in that fast group'll showup in the vid. 4 of the crew were riding in formation for a vid-art work. enigma is no. 3 and I'll get more vids up soon: Matt Bleck, Kiwifruit, Enigma and EviTwin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA7THxefWXA

enigma51
9th March 2008, 17:23
Ps.. LOgan, whats with going deep every where?

Its my stalker style :argue:

enigma51
10th March 2008, 12:50
Yep... shaun was pretty nippy :)

here's a link to enigma-onboard cam during session 3 or 4 there's alot of bikes in this one so anyone in that fast group'll showup in the vid. 4 of the crew were riding in formation for a vid-art work. enigma is no. 3 and I'll get more vids up soon: Matt Bleck, Kiwifruit, Enigma and EviTwin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA7THxefWXA

We need to try this again im sure if we can move mr slappy timmay on to something faster we can give it heaps more

kiwifruit
10th March 2008, 13:22
We need to try this again im sure if we can move mr slappy timmay on to something faster we can give it heaps more

the problem will then be finding riders who can keep him in sight :sweatdrop

Matt Bleck
10th March 2008, 14:33
the problem will then be finding riders who can keep him in sight :sweatdrop
meh meh fookin neow!!!!!!

I could always where the vest for that session?

kiwifruit
10th March 2008, 14:36
meh meh fookin neow!!!!!!

I could always where the vest for that session?

we'd have to do something eh....
perhaps you could tow us

boomer
10th March 2008, 14:55
http://www.videosift.com/video/Human-Traffic-Star-Wars-Theory-on-Ecstasy

enigma51
10th March 2008, 19:00
http://www.videosift.com/video/Human-Traffic-Star-Wars-Theory-on-Ecstasy

:lol::lol: