PDA

View Full Version : Two-smoker ride?

ital916
11th February 2008, 18:48
Hey guys,

Betty is now back up and running. The mechanic said nothing was broken, she needed a big tune up though and there was dirt and a bit of rock where it shouldn't have been. Me thinks souvenirs from my first kaiaua trip lol. Anway was wondering if anyone is keen to cruise this wed. I'll be trying to get to the wed night ride, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of riding a two stroke. So was wondering if a mentor *maybe with a two stroke* would like to go for a pootle around, see if i'm riding her right. I find that i'm pretty proactive through the gearbox but maybe am not utilising it properly. Not too far out of auck, maybe a blat near where motorb lives or something. Anyway, if anyone is keen let me know.

Cheers

Dushy

PirateJafa
11th February 2008, 19:39
Would a really smokey four-stroke count? :P

Ragingrob
11th February 2008, 19:44
I'm free on Wednesday too... if this is a morning or middayish thing by any chance? Work starts at 3...

ital916
12th February 2008, 12:39
i'll be at the uni gym for 10:30am, meet up and cruise somewhere. Route not decided, we'll just see where everyone who turns up wants to go. If weather permits. If it's raining then i guess the ride will be for when i get back.

Ragingrob
12th February 2008, 13:02
Cool as if it's sunny tomo I'll see ya there 10:30. Will have to be leaving Auck at about 2 at the very latest so 3 hour ride will be maxing it for me.

Ragingrob
12th February 2008, 19:39
Sweet so all on tomo 10:30am uni? Ride prob to Piha or something similar! Any more takers?

babyblade250rr
12th February 2008, 20:41
Hey guys,

Betty is now back up and running. The mechanic said nothing was broken, she needed a big tune up though and there was dirt and a bit of rock where it shouldn't have been. Me thinks souvenirs from my first kaiaua trip lol. Anway was wondering if anyone is keen to cruise this wed. I'll be trying to get to the wed night ride, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of riding a two stroke. So was wondering if a mentor *maybe with a two stroke* would like to go for a pootle around, see if i'm riding her right. I find that i'm pretty proactive through the gearbox but maybe am not utilising it properly. Not too far out of auck, maybe a blat near where motorb lives or something. Anyway, if anyone is keen let me know.

Cheers

Dushy

I believe Ixion is the master of the two smoker!! if anyone will show ya how to ride it he will!

ital916
12th February 2008, 21:18
hey, heard from a mate that the piha roads are not in good condition and that there is a lot of crap out there. Since i'm still learning *always will be* don't want to push it. Was recommended a route up sh1 then down sh16 back to auck.

McJim
12th February 2008, 21:42
Ah Bugger - 6 months ago I'd have been there. I used to borrow my missus' RG150 to give it a good thrashing when we lived in Auckland - used to cane it through the Hunuas to keep the engine running sweet.

Ragingrob
13th February 2008, 07:41
Alright Dushy I'll see ya there 10:30... Do ya have a map?

gijoe1313
13th February 2008, 16:05
Well I have Daisy, a nice RZ250 two-stroker smoker, she likes to meet other two strokes! (the dirty smelly noisy thing she is! :o :lol:)

ital916
13th February 2008, 16:34
Farking hell, that was an interesting ride. The copper was very nice too lol, close encounters of the truck kind, then there was the gauntlet of death on the motorway on the way back, freaking crazy man.

Squiggles
13th February 2008, 16:37
Betty always starts for me :lol:

Ragingrob
13th February 2008, 17:13
Betty gave my bike the bug!!! Any reply from that dude on trademe regards a regulator?

Squiggles
13th February 2008, 17:26
Betty gave my bike the bug!!! Any reply from that dude on trademe regards a regulator?

Not yet, will hopefully hear from them by tomorrow :yes:

ital916
13th February 2008, 21:52
Betty will start for me! I just have to get the knack of it properly, she's a beaut of a bike, a real sweetie if you ride her right.lol