PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous Bucket

quallman1234
11th February 2008, 21:55
Well i have decided to add my little thread as it seem's it is the popular thing to do.

For now ill explain the good and bad point's of this Infamous Bucket.

But firstly do i hear you asking Infamous how?
Simply put this is the first bucket that anyone has attempted to 'deivanise' (with the exception of AJ's GT125 but that was basically stock so it doesn't count).

For the record - Fixing it is all part of the fun and i hope you don't find this thread too personally offending ivan. :).

Let's start with the good points for now.
- It was once a very good handling bike until a nameless person got a hold of it. That's a good starting point isn't it?
- A nice aprilla branded frame
- Brembo brakes all round
- Lot's of potential
- Single sided swingarm (A bucket first?)

Now the bad point's
- Odd ball geometry what needs addressing
- Box frame needs to be created
- Expansion Chamber needs addressing (70% Done - Just needs welding and final setup for the Stinger/Silencer Thanks to skunkwork's/Glen for helping me out with this and swapping chambers with me. Also thanks to bungbung for giving me that chamber in the first place!)
- Rear Chain Adjuster Needs Attention
- Rear Shock
- Pistion Kit

Will keep everyone updated

- Pictures to come

madmal64
11th February 2008, 21:59
Sounds like there a heap of building of bikes going on around Welly at the moment!
It looks like this season will be a ripper!
When you hoping to have it on the track?

quallman1234
11th February 2008, 22:03
Sounds like there a heap of building of bikes going on around Welly at the moment!
It looks like this season will be a ripper!
When you hoping to have it on the track?

I've already had it on the track on Decemeber the 2nd, It somehow managed to finish the whole one hour race! - Seriously running lean because the expansion chamber was hanging on by one barely tighten bolt.

I should be at the bucket track on December 2nd (Doesn't mean the bike will fully be ready tho!) ahem march the 2nd

Bike's currently at skunk works and im getting the expansion chamber welded up tomorrow at work.

Slingshot
12th February 2008, 16:20
I should be at the bucket track on December 2nd (Doesn't mean the bike will fully be ready tho!)

So you think you'll be able to have it ready in 10 months, I don't like your chances :)

I'll get you to show me how to adjust the chain tension on that thing at some stage too. ;)

Sully60
12th February 2008, 18:56
So you think you'll be able to have it ready in 10 months, I don't like your chances :)

It is an ex Ivan Bucket Slingshot, 10 months goes by in a flash:msn-wink:

quallman1234
19th February 2008, 16:38
Update - Painted the fairing cheaply, added numbers. - Adding front number board soon.

Expansion Chamber should be done by tommorow at the latest, just got to make a silencer.

Looking for tube to make the extra support for the engine mounts.

Considering getting the rear tyre's EXTREMELY slow leak fixed anyone know how much this would cost?
Ordered new pistion and waiting on it.
Have a small idea about how to "lock" the rear adjustor in place, will invesigate tonight.

Current Costs to date
100.00 - Inital Purchase
91.00 - Pistion Kit
18.00 - 3 Set's of numbers
_____

gav
19th February 2008, 17:16
And still no photos? :whistle:

quallman1234
19th February 2008, 17:34
And still no photos? :whistle:

Only when i have made some real progress!

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 08:04

A little girl waits.......

Wanna help me out with the number boards for mine?

quallman1234
20th February 2008, 09:57
A little girl waits.......

Wanna help me out with the number boards for mine?

Sure, where's your bike at atm? any luck with the barrel yet?

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 09:58
Sure, where's your bike at atm? any luck with the barrel yet?

Me bikes at mine. Its living under a BBQ cover out the back.... Still waiting to hear re barrel. Im hoping i'll get the call from the engineer today or tomorrow so he'll prob ring Monday.

quallman1234
20th February 2008, 10:02
Me bikes at mine. Its living under a BBQ cover out the back.... Still waiting to hear re barrel. Im hoping i'll get the call from the engineer today or tomorrow so he'll prob ring Monday.

Typical!.I have tools at mine if you guys wanna make a bucket here instead of going to Upper hutt. Don't really have many tools what can do stuff well here atm tho. Gahh! its annoying. (You should fully come to Skunkworks! on the saturday before the race's if you can). If you want me too, ill come round tonight with some zip ties and boards. Go buy some Numbers from TSS (They are like 2.90$ each i spent 18$ on bloody numbers there!) Or make your own? Vivid?

Man there must actually be nothing to do at your work :gob:. Maybe look for some heavy duty cardboard there or something?, Look like your doing work of course tho!

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 10:06
Typical!.I have tools at mine if you guys wanna make a bucket here instead of going to Upper hutt. Don't really have many tools what can do stuff well here atm tho. Gahh! its annoying. (You should fully come to Skunkworks! on the saturday before the race's if you can). If you want me too, ill come round tonight with some zip ties and boards. Go buy some Numbers from TSS (They are like 2.90$ each i spent 18$ on bloody numbers there!) Or make your own? Vivid?

Man there must actually be nothing to do at your work :gob:. Maybe look for some heavy duty cardboard there or something?, Look like your doing work of course tho!

Cant come Sat, going to a BSA rally thingamajigee on Fri night and going to Manfeild with them on Sat. We're gonna put the head back on at mine. Can check the oil pump etc at mine as well so all good!

Man there really isnt anything to do here for me. I have done my CV and accompanying letter and if I could get away with it I would be making my numbers. Might go to TSS next weekend though.....

quallman1234
20th February 2008, 10:09
Cant come Sat, going to a BSA rally thingamajigee on Fri night and going to Manfeild with them on Sat. We're gonna put the head back on at mine. Can check the oil pump etc at mine as well so all good!

Man there really isnt anything to do here for me. I have done my CV and accompanying letter and if I could get away with it I would be making my numbers. Might go to TSS next weekend though.....

Skunkworks isn't open this saturday, sorry i meant the saturday before the race's.

Yeah so what you need (Coping Glen here), 3 Bits of cardboard (Preferely something like vinyl so its waterproof), Couple bits of Double sided sticky tape (I have some! jUst spoted some) a knife and a couple zip ties (For the front one's) and numbers then your sorted. I have silver spray paint! I just did my whole frame it looks better.

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 10:13
hmm yeah, cheers for the ideas. I need to be able to remove them and put them back on easily as the A will still be road registered as long as it stills goes!

quallman1234
20th February 2008, 10:15
hmm yeah, cheers for the ideas. I need to be able to remove them and put them back on easily as the A will still be road registered as long as it stills goes!

Yip should be able to remove em in like 20 seconds!, Guess what just arrived at my door!

Pistion kitness! Thanks TonyB Ya legend. Took a day to get here.

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 10:17
Yip should be able to remove em in like 20 seconds!, Guess what just arrived at my door!

Pistion kitness! Thanks TonyB Ya legend. Took a day to get here.

chur chur!! I agre TonyB's service is excrament! :niceone:

You best be getting to work eh!

quallman1234
20th February 2008, 11:23
Update - Got my Chamber welded up will add the stinger at Skunkworks probabaly.

Str8 Jacket
20th February 2008, 11:24
Update - Got my Chamber welded up will add the stinger at Skunkworks probabaly.

Wohoo! Awesome! IMstill waiting for the phone call....

gav
20th February 2008, 18:32
Nothing like a before and after shot!

Slingshot
21st February 2008, 19:00
I have done my CV and accompanying letter
Are you looking for work?

Yeah so what you need (Coping Glen here), 3 Bits of cardboard (Preferely something like vinyl so its waterproof), Couple bits of Double sided sticky tape (I have some! jUst spoted some) a knife and a couple zip ties (For the front one's) and numbers then your sorted. I have silver spray paint! I just did my whole frame it looks better.
The lids from icecream containers would probably work a treat!

quallman1234
29th February 2008, 17:25
Prob not going to have the bucket ready for the 2nd. Will rock up with my "motard" anyway.

Trudes
29th February 2008, 17:27
Prob not going to have the bucket ready for the 2nd.. Stink
Will rock up with my "motard" anyway.
Cool. See ya Sunday!

quallman1234
29th February 2008, 17:33
Yeah, I could race it half finished but what's the point in that. Been tooo busy in the last two weeks (Uni!). Will try get some stuff done tommorow, but im in need of new circlips! and to make a silencer (don't see that happening).

Need a box frame made as well.

Its all possible tho.

Slingshot
29th February 2008, 19:52
Yeah, I could race it half finished but what's the point in that.

Series Points.

Actually, don't race in buckets this weekend...would be better if you had it finished before you take it out. :shifty:

Skunk
1st March 2008, 20:50
Series Points.
No points this weekend... First points are the end of the month.

So we need to wreck it tomorrow