PDA

View Full Version : FXR Forks

Pumba
13th February 2008, 09:15
Quick question, does any one know what size FXR Forks are? and if say (hypotheticly of course) they happen fooked if there area any forks off other bikes that may be a suitable substitute?

Same question for the front wheel as well?

nudemetalz
13th February 2008, 14:23
Good luck trying to find some, as well as an appropriate rim (all of which isn't bent).
I had to modify my RGV150 forks and also modify the front rim off a TZR250 so it could all mate together.
But that's the fun of it !!!!!

Good luck.

Buddha#81
13th February 2008, 14:24
Quick question, does any one know what size FXR Forks are? and if say (hypotheticly of course) they happen fooked if there area any forks off other bikes that may be a suitable substitute?

Same question for the front wheel as well?

gsxr250 front wheels fit with minor machining (speedo may not work) and the same for the forks if you use the triple clamps and modify the steering head bearings. Anythings possible just how capible you are or how much you want to spend.

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 14:30
gsxr250 front wheels fit with minor machining (speedo may not work) and the same for the forks if you use the triple clamps and modify the steering head bearings. Anythings possible just how capible you are or how much you want to spend.
Arent they too wide for the FXR tyres?

nudemetalz
13th February 2008, 14:32
GSXR250 rims are 2.5, TZR (1KT) ones are 2.15 , that's why I went with the latter.
80 or 90's would be too narrow for the Gixxer rims.

Pumba
13th February 2008, 16:38
Good luck trying to find some, as well as an appropriate rim (all of which isn't bent).

About the response I expected, it seems most of these that die end up hitting somthing solid at the front:doh:.

I had to modify my RGV150 forks and also modify the front rim off a TZR250 so it could all mate together.
But that's the fun of it !!!!!

Good luck.

Just looking and thinking at the moment, I have a bucket in the shed, but may have the chance to get a FXR with some crash damage (front end). Just trying to figure out weather I am wasting my time and/or money (I mean surly FXR's cant be that great can they:confused:)

Anythings possible just how capible you are or how much you want to spend.

I can bluff being capable:laugh:, its having the tools to be capable with that I am still acumilating, as for cost standard rules apply, I want the best of every thing, but am only want to pay bargin prices.

Buddha#81
13th February 2008, 16:40
Arent they too wide for the FXR tyres?

Nobody said anything about tyres! I was answering the question, anyway if the forks and rims are unusable surley the tyres gunna be rooted too?........Put a GSXR rim on the rear and have a better selection of tyres. The rear conversion is easy as well, bearing and some light lathe work.

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 16:46
How does it affect "high speed" handling?
Does the gixxer rear wheel/tyre fit?

FROSTY
13th February 2008, 16:47
I wonder if TZR250 wheels/forks would be a good setup?

Kickaha
13th February 2008, 18:14
How does it affect "high speed" handling?
Does the gixxer rear wheel/tyre fit?

It fits with minor mods,with the wheel in it and running RS slicks it makes the bike feel heaps better than the standard wheels

Buddha#81
13th February 2008, 19:40
I've got a GSXR 250 3" rear wheel Its made a huge difference to the handling.